Leveling, Leveling, Leveling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us
Leveling, Leveling, Leveling

Post by Drrum » February 13th, 2015, 6:38 pm

For those of you who are wanting to level up all your pets but haven't yet:

If you're anything like me, you find the prospect of leveling up hundreds up pets to be daunting. There are lots of awesome guides out there, but I came up with a daily routine to help me avoid getting overwhelmed. Yes, it involves tamers. Yes it involves using stacked buffs. But! It only takes one hour per day.

I am sharing the step-by-step guide on my blog as well as a time-lapse video. Since all my pets are leveled, I use this routine to level spare pets and client's pets for my successful pet powerleveling business. I have the routine memorized and I race against the buff timer, so I'm able to get 106 levels in one hour, leveling up 5 pets per day every day.

[url]http://drrumspets.blogspot.com/2015/02/pet-powerleveling.html[/url]

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Leveling, Leveling, Leveling

Post by Jerebear » February 13th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Nice writeup!

One thing to consider: Tarr currently gives less EXP than all the other tamers on the list (He gives Cata/Wrath level pet EXP). This may be fixed in the future, but you might consider stopping before him and throwing in the whispering spirit at the start and then fly to hyuna if you can find a good way to fit in a team for it. Just a hair bit more EXP if doable. If that works, test out tossing in the Thundering spirit at the beginning next as it is a close flight to the Whispering.

On a side note:
I have a different route that I need to play around with at some point. I am currently able to do all the Pandaria tamers in about 32-36 minutes using the following order and the teams from the 5.4 guide here at this site:
Hyuna->Whispering->Thundering->Aki->Nishi->Moruk->Flowing->Shu->Yon->Burning->Zusshi

I timed it and it is the quickest route (flight time wise) to hit all 11 of the tamers. After that it is just a question of the right teams to make it efficient. Mind you I am on a Paladin with the highest level flying learned.

In the MoP days, I would use the Argent Tournament tabard and some hearthing to get most all of the Wrath and Cata tamers before my hour was up, but I haven't tried integrating the WoD tamers instead (mainly because all of my uniques are 25). I'll have to give it a try at some point (maybe once I get the Raiding with Leashes pets going).

Again, love the guide!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Drrum
MVP

Post by Drrum » February 13th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Thanks for the comments!
Jerebear wrote:One thing to consider: Tarr currently gives less EXP than all the other tamers on the list (He gives Cata/Wrath level pet EXP). This may be fixed in the future, but you might consider stopping before him and throwing in the whispering spirit at the start and then fly to hyuna if you can find a good way to fit in a team for it.
That's kinda why Tarr's last on my tamer list... just in case I can't get to him before my buffs drop, it's not as much xp loss. But since I'm dual-tasking by farming the Draenor tamers for pet charms, I guess he'll stay in my line-up for now.

I used to include the Spirit Tamers but eventually cut them out of my route because most of my fight strats for them are pretty long-winded. They give great xp, but they take a while. Whenever I need to top off pets, I just include them in my Beasts of Fable route. I really do like the idea of starting at Whispering Spirit before Hyuna! May have to try that one.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 13th, 2015, 11:56 pm

The other option is instead of flying to Tarr, hearth to shrine and fly over to the Thundering Spirit. Should be faster than travelling to Tarr, gives more EXP, and is a much faster/more solid fight than the Whispering Spirit. Also, the Team is snail + zepp, which is already in your pet list. http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7556#p57979

EDIT: note that the strat as written was before the accuracy changes, so you don't have to forfeit on a dive miss anymore (no misses on Dive).

Vigoureux
Pet Score:1639

Post by Vigoureux » February 14th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Drrum wrote:
Do WoD tamers give more experience than MoP ones? If not just follow the
Guide to Profiting From Pets at The Consortium and use the same three pets for almost all of the tamers.

stormspire(.)net/consortium-quality-guides/11195-guide-profiting-pets(.)html

*Sorry that I'm not able to post the link.
(You must post at least 8 times before you are able to share external links.) :roll:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Of course, there's nothing stopping us from doing both! 8-)

Drrum
MVP

Post by Drrum » February 14th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Vigoureux wrote:
Do WoD tamers give more experience than MoP ones? If not just follow the
Guide to Profiting From Pets at The Consortium and use the same three pets for almost all of the tamers.
Yeah that seems like a solid guide for using a single team. Thanks for sharing!

I use a team-switching addon so it doesn't take any more time to switch out my various teams than to leave the same team in and switch out my carry. The point of my 13 tamer route is to fit as many tamers into my one hour buff as possible. While I really love that the Anubisath Idol (and healing pets) can virtually guarantee solid wins, their fights tend to take too much time to finish for my liking. I'm more about speed. The fewer the turns the better for powerleveling.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 14th, 2015, 1:25 pm

Vigoureux wrote: Do WoD tamers give more experience than MoP ones? If not just follow the
Only Ashlei gives more EXP.
Tarr gives less. (cata/wrath levels)
All the others give the same EXP as MoP tamers

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 14th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Just one thing I noticed (besides some nice strats or modifications I'm going to fool around with) is that you say to heal pets on cooldown before every tamer in Pandaria and that is unfortunately impossible to do in the 25-30m window you say it should be done in. You have 7 battles (so 6 healing steps) and it is an 8 minute CD in Pandaria.

That means from the time you heal the 1st time after #1 Hyuna of the Shrines to the last time before #7 Courageous Yon a total of 40 minutes have to elapse. The longest flight time was between fight #1 to # 2 to #3 and that (with the fight #2 in the middle) only takes 7 minutes with a 260% flight speed (I used an alt I'm too cheap to upgrade flight to test with). The shortest would have you waiting for about 4 minutes for the cooldown to come up.

You would either need to be using bandages if your carry pet suffered the lovely bug where it doesn't heal to it's full health after gaining levels or just not healing (and you don't NEED to heal in a lot of those places UNLESS you suffered the pet-level-health bug).

You only have to heal before fight #3 if carry pet #2 did not get it's full health after leveling in fight #2.
You have to heal before fight #4 because you reuse the crow from fight #1 (so just heal before fight #3 above and cover both bases).
You have to heal before fight #5 because you reuse the crow from fight #4 (and this heal deals with the leveling bug for carry pet #3 if it occurred).
Other than that you do not need any other heal steps in the entire Pandaria sequence because the pets you need after fight #5 would all have been healed. If you use 2 crows/ravens you would only need to heal once before fight #5 (unless carry pet #3 suffered the bug, unfortunately)!

P.S. Because I didn't outright say it - I love the work you put into it, it's very well done and I'd highly recommend it.

Drrum
MVP

Post by Drrum » February 14th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Rendigar wrote:you say to heal pets on cooldown before every tamer in Pandaria and that is unfortunately impossible to do in the 25-30m window you say it should be done in.
Correct. The "Heal On Cooldown" isn't part of the strat, it's just a friendly reminder to use your free cooldown to heal up while in flight (whenever possible) so you don't waste time re-starting fights if your pets aren't fully healed.

The bag rewards from Pandaria tamers usually yield enough bandages to use when your heal is off cd and the team you've lined up isn't full health. Due to your suggestion, if I ever remake that video I'll be adding the heals at the correct intervals.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 14th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Drrum wrote:Thanks for taking the time to comment!
You're welcome, sorry I was so long winded, been proofreading too much technical documentation lately and think it's gone and shorted out my brain. Or maybe I'm just long-winded... :)