Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Orumo The Observer

Post by Morlis » February 9th, 2015, 7:03 pm

I have access to 8 level 100 characters, I used all 8 yesterday to try for Orumo. 4 on main account, 3 on second account, and 1 on my daughters account. 0 for 8 tries. :(

The custom party finder is a big help to getting parties for this. I searched by the word "Orumo" and often found groups going. I even started one of my own, that was pretty cool. I had enough people to start it in about 10 minutes, even shut it down because people were still adding when we were getting ready to engage.

You need at least 5 people to start it and he doesn't seem overly hard he has some beam type abilities that hurt a lot, but if you stay out of the way it was pretty easy.

The only bummer is that you need a certain daily apexis crystals mission (I believe it's Heart of Shattrath) to be up and it seems to be uncommon to pop. Wish it was as common as the Pit mission.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Orumo The Observer

Post by Jerebear » February 10th, 2015, 8:17 am

Morlis wrote: The only bummer is that you need a certain daily apexis crystals mission (I believe it's Heart of Shattrath) to be up and it seems to be uncommon to pop. Wish it was as common as the Pit mission.
You don't. He'll spawn on days the daily isn't active as well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » February 10th, 2015, 9:59 am

Cool, I guess the information I read was incorrect, thanks for the heads up Jerebear.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 10th, 2015, 11:04 am

Afaik the horde and alliance have different dailies. So its sometimes worth checking if any of the pet areas is active, as they may be up for the opposing faction. Which would be why you may see them on some 'off' days.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 11th, 2015, 6:02 am

I was lucky to get Orumo the first time I killed it... The daily used to be up all the time, the first month of WoD..
Demidos, however, is another matter... Daily was rare, so after 6 futile attempts, I caved in and bought it for 7K on AH..

Right now, the last 13 days, 11 of them have been Skettis daily :(

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » February 16th, 2015, 4:49 pm

Heart of Shattrath was up both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend, both days I found him up every time I went there, even after I killed him a few times. It took about 75 minutes to respawn the one time I waited around. I did both days 8 lootings each day and finally got the pet. So 24 total loots I finally got one. I did get him on about the 18th looting, I kept going in case I could get a second. I did not kill them all back to back, and was able to tag a couple with multiple characters, so I maybe did 5 or 6 in total each day. (yes for those counting I did 3 at the same time once, what a disaster that was :lol: luckily the other group of 4 was able to finish it with 2 of mine down)

On days the mission was not up I went several times through out the day and never found him up. So I think that Luciandk is probably correct, that the only way for him to be up is if the Allies or Horde have the Heart of Shattrath daily quest. If Orumo can spawn on days the mission is not up, his spawn time must be SUPER long.