Non-Daily Pet Leveling?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Non-Daily Pet Leveling?

Post by Stella3 » February 3rd, 2015, 8:38 pm

Hi Collectors,

As my collection is closing in on being rare only, I now am beginning to want to level them. For now my levelling process has been the dailies in both Draenor and Pandaria. I was wondering are there any other places that aware a lot of XP without having to be a daily or complete grind (ie. farming eternal striders)

I can usually power level against some menagerie teams but they are not consistent. Does anybody have experience power leveling through the celestial tournament? I would imagine you could rinse and repeat in there quiet a bit?

Thanks!

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Re: Non-Daily Pet Leveling?

Post by Noxiish » February 3rd, 2015, 9:24 pm

Using the two pet teams designed around An Awfully Big Adventure, the tournament can help but I think I read somewhere it doesn't have the same exp bonus or multiplier, something, as the Tamers so doesn't help much P:

In the 'wild', I've found that Frostfire Ridge can be a pretty good area for leveling one with two 25's. The Ironclaw Scuttlers can show up in groups of 2 - 5 in the same immediate area, as well as the other pets of the area. You can usually speed level a carry pet to 22-23 pretty quickly before having to head to wild lvl 25 area to continue to get boosted exp on the leveler pet.
More experienced trainers might have better options, but this works for me at the moment in addition to the other dailies, when I'm not just spending the day to level pets.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 3rd, 2015, 9:53 pm

Stella3 wrote:Hi Collectors,

As my collection is closing in on being rare only, I now am beginning to want to level them. For now my levelling process has been the dailies in both Draenor and Pandaria. I was wondering are there any other places that aware a lot of XP without having to be a daily or complete grind (ie. farming eternal striders)

I can usually power level against some menagerie teams but they are not consistent. Does anybody have experience power leveling through the celestial tournament? I would imagine you could rinse and repeat in there quiet a bit?

Thanks!
For low level pets (1-10) I go to Outland although Any area with pets around level 17-19 will do. The low level pets can survive most opening hits and my Nexus Whelping can finish off the rest easily with Arcane Storm and Mana Surge. Usually takes about 5-6 battles to get them to 10-11. At that level they might survive a Scruggs or Jahan power-level day where I bring out the pet snacks. High end acquisition go through Ashlei-Garga quick level which takes them to 16 in 2 battles but can only do one a day

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 3rd, 2015, 11:02 pm

Noxiish wrote:Using the two pet teams designed around An Awfully Big Adventure, the tournament can help but I think I read somewhere it doesn't have the same exp bonus or multiplier, something, as the Tamers so doesn't help much P:
Yep. Relative to a wild battle, all the celestial tamers give 2x more EXP than a wild battle
To give some context:

Celestial Tournament Undercard Tamers = 2x more EXP than a wild battle
Wrath tamers = 3x more EXP than a wild battle
Cata tamers = 3x more EXP than a wild battle
MoP tamers = 5x more EXP than a wild battle

3pet Menagerie Battles = 3x more EXP than a wild battle
Ashlei = 6x more EXP than a wild battle
Tarr = 3x more EXP than a wild battle
Other WoD tamers = 5x more EXP than a wild battle.

As far as wild battle levelling, I prefer the Icespine Hatchling packs in Frostfire or the spawns near Gorespine. A Rotten Helper tears up beasts quickly and efficiently.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » February 4th, 2015, 12:29 am

Good tips, thanks guys!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 4th, 2015, 11:45 am

As others have said, FFR right outside the Horde garrison is a good place - the lead pet is a beast and the adds are critters and flyers. If you have a Feline Familiar to 25 and any other pet with a stun you can level up even level 1's here. I use a Baby Blizzard Bear (speed = 260, so not even that fast), really anything is good.

While your carry pet(s) are below level 6 open with a fast'ish stun pet (like a bear or basilisk) - open with stun, switch to carry, switch to the Feline Familiar. At that point keep up Stoneskin and use Onyx Bite for main damage and Devour when the enemy pet is in kill range (Devour hits flyers for 169, beasts for 256, and critters for 384 - and remember it hits 2 turns in a row). It takes a little practice to know when to stall devour by recasting stoneskin instead (because he's going to Survival or shield) or just kill the enemy outright (I tend to onyx bite flyers dead instead of trying to heal off of them).

Once your carry pet is 6+ then just start with it and swap to the Feline Familiar. On my "high" team I use a Molten Hatchling for Leech Life + Cauterize + Brittle Webbing, for those rare occassions when I get too many wasps or darkness-casting frostfur rats in a row and the Feline isn't enough. But I never need to use a bandage, there has not been a time when I cannot go 8 minutes with this team (I'm levelling a now-65 DK out there for grins).

Once a pet hits 15 you can save it for the dailes, or push it up to 20 or 22 if you like (it's just slower after you hit the mid-teens).

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:13041
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » February 4th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Great suggestions posted here :)

One thing to remember, pet leveling can be a huge grind and make you want to gouge out your eyes...SO my best advice is to try ways to make the grind FUN. I take the time during wild battles to load up some pets I have ignored since catching them, or make team themes...Like My Ugly Pet Team, or Kookie for Cockroaches. I know it sounds silly, but it does help break some tedium if you can smile a little too. :lol:

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » February 6th, 2015, 9:23 am

I use the leveling stones from the menagerie dailies to up my pets to level 2, then go to frostfire outside the horde garrison and go crazy with them. Safari hat + exp boost, using lvl 25 Cornish Rex Cat (p/p makes him do amazing dmg <3) as my main attacker, and lvl 25 nightsaber cub as a backup if i mess up with devour. The second pet used to be an emerald proto whelp but my cat pair are Simon & Odie, named after my real pets so... they get to play the most :D Easy peasy lemon squeasy.