Some thoughts on K'ute

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rikmach
Pet Score:6158
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Some thoughts on K'ute

Post by Rikmach » February 2nd, 2015, 10:19 pm

Well, I assume most all of you are aware that the reward for the latest "Raiding with Leashes" accheivement will be K'ute- a pocket-sized Naaru. And just as many of you were disappointed to learn it wasn't a battle pet- it was simply decorative, like the balloons or some of the kites.

Now, I'm not personally disappointed- it looks really neat, and it's an awesome way to show off your dedication to the collecting game- and I'm pretty sure the in-story reasoning is because... Well, Naaru don't fight. They heal, protect, and transport away other beings. However, I think something like that is workable- A battle pet without a single attack, just buffs and heals. Yeah, it means if it's the last pet, you're doomed, but it could be an amazing supporter.

Let's see... Heal-wise, the ones that can most support the allies are Wish and Inspiring Song. Ancient Blessing is also thematic and can also provide support by increasing max HP, but I think the other two are better for this concept

As for ally buffs... Shieldstorm protects your allies from Attacks. Dazzling Dance increases allies speed. Lucky Dance increases ally speed. Celestial blessing reduce allies damage when they swap in. Righteous Inspiration Swaps in an ally and doubles their speed and damage. Hell, those last two are an obvious and incredible combo.

and if we want to add a bit more- say, crowd control, Soothe and Holy Justice are thematic, and deal no damage.

What do you all think?

Stella3
Pet Score:4018

Re: Some thoughts on K'ute

Post by Stella3 » February 2nd, 2015, 10:38 pm

I agree with you, I am sorta bummed it cant be used in battle but how neat would it be to have a defensive/healing only pet? I mean the Elekk plushie had 'cute only' abilities.

Jackpg98
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Jackpg98 » February 2nd, 2015, 11:30 pm

No. No. Oh god no. A defensive/healing only pet would encourage PvP stall teams which are just terrible to play against. Neat concept but unfortunately, people would abuse it. I mean Blossoming Ancient is bad enough as is.

Caega
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Caega » February 3rd, 2015, 3:34 am

All Battle Pets should be pets that battle otherwise it's probable better to put them in the Toy Box.

I wouldn't mind having a battle balloon. It would be hilarious to watch a Kun-Lai Runt drop dead when a balloon pops in its face.

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » February 3rd, 2015, 4:15 am

It's a great idea, this would definitely be worth a look into. There's some great new pets in the dungeons for the new leashes achieve and all, but it seems sad that your reward is a companion that cannot do anything but be aesthetically pleasing.

And I mean, hey, it's not unheard of - As mentioned above we have Elekk Plushie which of course can't do anything but absorb damage and be cute. Why not a pure heal/support pet? Or at least give it a situational damage/CC.

Probably won't happen but a cool idea :)
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » February 3rd, 2015, 6:03 am

there is a problem with making a pet that can battle but can't deal damage (it applies to the plushie, but no one would seriously consider using plushie outside the achievement), and that is that in pvp you risk both players ending up with only that pet left, and theres no way for either to win.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 3rd, 2015, 6:33 am

Blixtiya wrote:there is a problem with making a pet that can battle but can't deal damage (it applies to the plushie, but no one would seriously consider using plushie outside the achievement), and that is that in pvp you risk both players ending up with only that pet left, and theres no way for either to win.
So? this happend to me so often like crab vs crab whrre noone could would cause of the healing of magical crawdad and I sometime had to wait like 3 hours till my opponent gave up :)
(yes I am a bastard in PVP and never give up!)

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423

Post by Blixtiya » February 3rd, 2015, 9:35 am

Drudatz wrote:
Blixtiya wrote:there is a problem with making a pet that can battle but can't deal damage (it applies to the plushie, but no one would seriously consider using plushie outside the achievement), and that is that in pvp you risk both players ending up with only that pet left, and theres no way for either to win.
So? this happend to me so often like crab vs crab whrre noone could would cause of the healing of magical crawdad and I sometime had to wait like 3 hours till my opponent gave up :)
(yes I am a bastard in PVP and never give up!)
its just that from a designer stand point, its a very bad design. and the crab/crawdad situation have a theoretical ending involving lots of crits.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799

Post by Morlis » February 3rd, 2015, 1:30 pm

While I don't mind non-combat pets, I think blizzard should just make them all Rare and level 25 automatically. So that our collections would not look like we got lazy toward the end and didn't level that last handful of pets.

The Armory seems to display them as Rare(regardless of actual quality). However even if you use stones to get them a few levels, The Armory does not display any level at all.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Stella3
Pet Score:4018

Post by Stella3 » February 3rd, 2015, 8:47 pm

Argent squire vs Argent squire. The new hunger games.