Safari Hat?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kahlan
Pet Score:7594
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: Safari Hat?

Post by Kahlan » December 3rd, 2012, 8:17 am

Quintessence wrote:
Constants wrote:A GM said today you must do all the battles on a single toon to receive the hat. Can anyone confirm this as false? I have them done over two or three toons and no hats.
That seems absurd considering the achievement is account-wide. I think they're just giving you the run-around. =\

The hotfix for the Safari Hat will hopefully go into full effect on Tuesday after server maintenance. According to Mumper, all toons on an eligible account should receive one in the mail.

I've only received one hat on an alt (that didn't battle ANY Tamers except for 1), so this leads me to believe that the hotfix either didn't work, or will require a complete server maintenance and not just a restart.
Haven't got the hat either, and truly hope that Constants' GM was indeed giving him the run around. If not, how would I check which battles I've done on which character ?

Mind you, I've sometimes done the taming quests on the "wrong" char (Horde quest turned in on Alliance char and vice versa, viva auto complete quests, hehe).

Raerianna
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Raerianna » December 4th, 2012, 7:35 am

I put a ticket in yesterday about not getting the hat, here was the response:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings Keleara,

I'm Game Master Maldrauft. Thanks for taking the time to contact us today. I was able to confirm what you've brought to our attention as a known issue. Currently hordes of our top goblins and gnomes are working around the clock to address the issue you've reported, however have no estimated time of completion. Thank you for your patience in advance.

After searching for a work-around, checking available resources online such as player forums and external websites, I was able to confirm that there is no work-around at present. I apologize for any frustration, and appreciate your patience while we work to fix the in-game issue.

If I missed anything at all, please click on 'Need More Help', so another GM or myself can assist you. Otherwise, you can use 'Message Read' to close it out.

Thanks for playing World of Warcraft, and I hope you have a fantastic day.

Sincerely,

Game Master Maldrauft
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 4th, 2012, 8:24 am

fingers cross they fix it today.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Yzhunter
Pet Score:2079
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Yzhunter » December 4th, 2012, 9:06 am

there are still quite a few pet bugs they need to fix, i completed all about 90% of all the pet acheivs, got a hat mailed to each my level 90s. Guild mate has had heck of a time "and frustrating for guild chat" with not receiving his hat. The biggest bug to plaque me was Northrend tamer. even though i had a rare Devouring Maggot, it wasn't giving credit. Had to tame another using a dif toon. So my recommendation if its not fixed in this weeks maintenance, try using both factions and battle what tamers you can. Could just be simple as one the tamers didnt count correctly? Idk just suggestion.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 4th, 2012, 10:02 am

Does Taming the World require 40 unique tamer battles? I've been sitting at 39 for a while now. It won't roll to 40.

Thanks

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 4th, 2012, 10:38 am

@ Talmar

Yes mate, one of each of the tamers to get it. It was 45 (i.e. all of them) but they dropped it slightly.

Also, back on topic, I've now submitted 3 tickets, and got varying answers ranging from "it's a known issue with no resolution" to "you should only be getting one per account"... I'm sure I read somewhere that Mumper had basically said every toon on the account should get one, or am I dreaming?

/submits ticket number 4, hopefully I'll be online to speak to a GM this time :/

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 4th, 2012, 11:01 am

Thanks Eldavido, I'm guessing I'm missing a couple horde Tamers then. Off to go look. :)

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 4th, 2012, 11:10 am

I use 2 accounts and managed to get 1 hat on each, 1 on the main (but not sole) pet hunting toon and 1 on a character that I'm not really sure has ever fought a battle. No other toon on any server has received a hat so it seems semi-random at best and a pain in the behind at worst for those still missing their new headwear :(

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » December 4th, 2012, 11:37 am

Ya got hats mailed to all my toons, even ones that have never pet battled like my mules etc. But they didn't mail on the first day post patch. It was the next day after the hotfix.

PS: Wonder if they nerfed xp a bit because we all have hats now?

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 4th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Servers are back up and no more hats than the initial 2 have been sent out.

Khevyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:10351
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Khevyn » December 4th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I got my achievement last week, but still haven't received a hat on any toon. :(

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » December 5th, 2012, 9:28 am

so weekly maintenance and still no hat. - I made a ticket I am getting restless.

the tamer dailies bugged out on me. now the hat does as well. this is not fun

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » December 5th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Quintessence wrote:The hotfix for the hats should be released soon, so if you haven't gotten one yet, sit tight. Hopefully the hotfix will fix everything. :)

Sidenote: Don't be alarmed if you get one on all of your toons. According to Mumper, that's how it's supposed to work.
Thank you for this. I was actually worried that if I completed this achievement on a Horde alt then I would not be able to get the hat on the character I want to have it.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » December 7th, 2012, 9:46 pm

I got mine today! Seems to only be on my main which I am thankful it didn't end up on my old server!

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 8th, 2012, 12:16 am

Got mine too!

Opened a ticket and 2 days later a GM sent it by mail ;)

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 8th, 2012, 12:26 am

Khevyn wrote:I got my achievement last week, but still haven't received a hat on any toon. :(
Same
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » December 8th, 2012, 5:30 am

at least you are luck enogh to get an GM's answer that make any sense, I oppened a ticket 3 days ago asking explain the issue and asking for a solution even a temporary one, and the GM just told me: " thank you for your for taking time and reporting a bug. we wont enter in contact but your report will be read, if you wanna talk more about it go to foruns".

I think he didnt read what i wrote.

I was so exciting w8 to complete the achievement and get my cool hat.... :(

Constrictor

Post by Constrictor » December 9th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Just finish my Taming the World achievement and do not recieve my mail with the safari hat, just opened a ticket talking this, is that anythinmg more i can do?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 9th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Constrictor wrote:Just finish my Taming the World achievement and do not recieve my mail with the safari hat, just opened a ticket talking this, is that anythinmg more i can do?
Developers are still trying to pin down the problem and fix it. They haven't forgotten about us, but it seems like it's an especially tricky bug, so the most we can do is hang in there and wait a bit more.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cassuide
Top Rater
Pet Score:2393
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Cassuide » December 9th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Constrictor wrote:Just finish my Taming the World achievement and do not recieve my mail with the safari hat, just opened a ticket talking this, is that anythinmg more i can do?
I got a generic answer back from the GM, be prepared for that lol...
If they try to give you the run around, threatening to stop paying your subscription always works a treat. Also mention you are at an unfair advantage since others have received it but you haven't.