Best Menagerie dailies for power leveling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Monkeykibble
Pet Score:2069
Realm:Dark Iron-us
Best Menagerie dailies for power leveling

Post by Monkeykibble » January 13th, 2015, 11:02 pm

I know Jahan day is *amazing* for power-leveling pets, what other dailies are on par, or at least close to being able to boost pets to 25?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Best Menagerie dailies for power leveling

Post by Jerebear » January 14th, 2015, 12:20 am

Any of the 3 pet battles will generate that kind of EXP. The 2 pet battles are slightly lower on EXP, but comparable:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » January 14th, 2015, 12:21 am

I havent found anything as fast as the 3 attack win from Jahan.

Today's Tir & Fiero one is a good one to plvl on, I use a strat that has never lost and is very consistant where the plvl pet only needs around 250-300 hp.

Grubbles, Scrags & Stings has a nice semi-fast plvl that is semi-consistant.

Those are the only 3 that are worth it timewise imo. I can post the ones I use if anyone is interested.

Monkeykibble

Post by Monkeykibble » January 14th, 2015, 12:29 am

I'd be interested in seeing what you use Moonie, I just kinda tossed together Pandaren Water Spirit + Eternal Strider + Iron Starlette...and only *Just* managed to beat 'em :P

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » January 14th, 2015, 6:14 am

In my experiance and opinion the 2 birds is definitly the fastest with a 7 round fight, the ore eater trio and the larva trio are next, the robot trio are next followed by the arcane trio. the diablo trio and the carrots takes too long and dont worth the time.

1. Jahan, Samm, Archimedes
3. Grubbles, Scrags, Stings
3. Rockbiter, Stonechewer, Acidtooth
4. Blingtron 4999b, Protectron 011803, Protectron 022481
5. Manos, Hanos, Fatos
6. Squirt (Deebs, Tyri, Puzzle)
7. Mr. Terrible, Carroteye, Sloppus

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 14th, 2015, 8:12 am

Got a good one today with Rockbiter and his trio. Not as good as Jahan. But if you have any Strider style pet with Pump and an Unborn Val'kyr you can pretty much power level any mid-level pet that has a decent pump and isn't weak against humanoids against this bunch.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 14th, 2015, 8:52 am

Topaz wrote:In my experience and opinion the 2 birds is definitely the fastest with a 7 round fight, the ore eater trio and the larva trio are next, the robot trio are next followed by the arcane trio. the diablo trio and the carrots takes too long and dont worth the time.
Actually, both the diablo trio and the carrots have some fairly fast carry pet strats available. I agree the 3 birds are probably the fastest kill, but the others (assuming you have a good 2 pet team) are still on par or faster than Pandaria tamers in terms of EXP per unit time (though obviously not EXP per battle...just no travel time with the menagerie). I would say any of them where you have a decent 2 pet team that isn't a 30 rounder are worth your time. If for example, you are doing the magma wave strat on the carrots fight, then yeah...not worth it, but if you use the aqua strider/sweeper strat, then it's a much more desirable time investment.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 14th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Moonie1 wrote:I havent found anything as fast as the 3 attack win from Jahan.

Today's Tir & Fiero one is a good one to plvl on, I use a strat that has never lost and is very consistant where the plvl pet only needs around 250-300 hp.

Grubbles, Scrags & Stings has a nice semi-fast plvl that is semi-consistant.

Those are the only 3 that are worth it timewise imo. I can post the ones I use if anyone is interested.
What team do you use on Tirs and Fiero? I had SUCH trouble on them this last time around!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 15th, 2015, 2:29 am

I worked on Tirs & Fiero for hours on end trying to find some consistant way to do it. All the strats I had read involved random luck with Cataclysm missing. I came up with the following strat that I have yet to lose with:

Viscidus Globule (H/S 2 2 2)
Netherspace Abyssal (H/H 1 2 1)
powerlevel pet (300+ hp)

Round One... FIGHT!
Round 1: Acid Touch
Round 2-5: Creeping Ooze (Tirs dies)
Round 6: Acid Touch
Round 7: Creeping Ooze
Round 8: This is where the fight can take two different routes based on Viscidus still being alive or not.
***If Viscidus is still alive***
Round 8: Creeping Ooze (Viscidus dies, bring in Abyssal)
Round 9: Crush
Round 10: Explode
***If Viscidus is dead***
Round 8: Meteor Strike
Round 9: Meteor Strike lands.
Round 10: Explode

Notes:
1. Your powerlevel pet never has to come into. It is the only thing left alive at the end due to the Explode.
2. The round numbers might be off by one sometimes, due to killing Tirs faster because of crit hits. Adjust accordingly.

I also read a strat recently where Syd is used and destroys the fight solo almost every time.

For Grubbles, Scrags and Stings I use a version of AeroKargath's strat which I fine tuned a little, its consistent enough for my liking:

Xu-fu (P/P 2 1 2)
plvl pet (450+ hp, 700+ if a critter)
Chrominius (H/H 1 1 2)

Round One... FIGHT!
Round 1: Bite
Round 2: Prowl
Round 3: Feed (Grubbles dies)
Round 4: you are stunned
Round 5: you are stunned still
Round 6: Bite
Round 7: Bite
Round 8: Prowl
Round 9: Feed (Scrags dies)
Round 10: switch to powerlevel pet
Round 11: switch to Chrominius
Round 12: Howl
Round 13: Surge of Power

(I have in my notes that sometimes Scrags doesnt die according to plan, but I dont recall why. Next time this fight is in the Garrison I will confirm why I have that written down and edit this post accordingly.)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 15th, 2015, 7:03 am

Moonie1 wrote: (I have in my notes that sometimes Scrags doesnt die according to plan, but I dont recall why. Next time this fight is in the Garrison I will confirm why I have that written down and edit this post accordingly.)
I use this strat as well, but I have found (verified by math as well) that the 2nd pet nominally doesn't die and has around 96 health in. The 2nd pet dying is the outlier scenario. Normally it should have around 96 health left (if I remember the number I worked out correctly) after the feed unless you crit him somewhere along the way. In that scenario, you still do the swap after the feed, but swap back into Chrominius to finish him off with a Bite, then you just have to surge of Power the last guy (you have the dragonkin racial and that brings SoP damage above the 3rd pet's health just barely.

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 15th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Yeah I had "Bite, Pass, Bite" down as the strat if Scrags didnt die, but I didnt remember why or how that happened.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 15th, 2015, 4:52 pm

If you crit on one of your earlier bites you can just do an extra bite instead of the prowl and then feed and you'll end up at basically the same spot with ~100hps left on him so chromie can finish him off and then surge the final guy in a single shot.

Monkeykibble

Post by Monkeykibble » January 16th, 2015, 12:10 am

Anyone have a good strat to power level off of blingtron 4999b and the protectors? I've been looking but mostly seems like 3 pet strategies

Gilraen
Pet Score:8027
Realm:Hydraxis-us

Post by Gilraen » January 16th, 2015, 4:07 am

Monkeykibble wrote:Anyone have a good strat to power level off of blingtron 4999b and the protectors? I've been looking but mostly seems like 3 pet strategies
Blossoming Ancient (2,2,2) can solo them.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » January 16th, 2015, 4:30 am

Monkeykibble wrote:Anyone have a good strat to power level off of blingtron 4999b and the protectors? I've been looking but mostly seems like 3 pet strategies
theres one with a sapphire cub and electrified razortooth that works realy well.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » January 16th, 2015, 8:35 am

This is the one I use. It is fast and efficient. It isn't completely crit safe, but crits aren't outright fails either.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12498#p99933

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 16th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Haha thats funny, I had a backup team where it was Cinder Kitten, Electrified Razortooth and then Sapphire Cub. I didnt think to put the Cub first and take the Kitten out of the equation.