Question about "print checklist" option

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Question about "print checklist" option

Post by Darolyn » January 12th, 2015, 12:05 pm

A few weeks ago, I copied my list of needed pets from the print checklist option under manage pets. I dumped it into a spreadsheet, so I could keep track when I only had my phone, and not the full utility of the website. It also allowed my friend to see my needed list, and me to see hers, as we both did it.

I've gotten a lot of new pets lately, and needed to update the list. Instead of manually deleting the pets I've gotten, I tried the same copy and paste thing I did a few weeks ago. Instead of putting everything into two columns that required a little formatting, the way it did last time, the data dumps into one column, no matter how much of my spreadsheet I select.

The data that's dumped into one column isn't the values I copied, even when I select "paste values" instead of just paste. It has random additional pieces of information that aren't on the screen and must be embedded somewhere.

I'm quite proficient in Excel, Open Office Calc, and Google Sheets. I know how I did it last time, I just don't know how to get it to do it again.

So, my question. Was there a background change to how these two checklists are populated? Are they now created differently than before?

Does anyone have any thoughts? All I want is to be able to copy my checklists into a format I can use from my phone, as the website is far too tiny on my device.

Thanks!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Question about "print checklist" option

Post by Ranok » January 12th, 2015, 12:53 pm

I tried copying the checklist from screen and pasting into Excel 2010 and it correctly created two columns, name of pet in Column A and rest of info crammed into Column B. This was using basic Paste and not Paste Values.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » January 12th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Then it's probably a change with how google docs does it's data recognition. Alright, I'll put it into excel then into the google doc.

Thanks for testing that. Now to get to a computer with excel, lol!

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 12th, 2015, 6:37 pm

You could try a free option like open office or libre office. Both should have a spreadsheet app that is similar to excel.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » January 12th, 2015, 7:00 pm

It's still not working for me. When I paste the information into a doc, have tried Excel, Open Office, and Google Sheets now, it pastes all the pets, learned and unlearned, everything, no filters.

I just updated it manually. Frustrated that I can't update my rarity checklist, but I'll keep working on it.