Determining Pet Rarity (Quantity not Quality)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stark
Top Rater
Pet Score:7569
BattleTag®:Eve#1598
Realm:Illidan-us
Determining Pet Rarity (Quantity not Quality)

Post by Stark » January 7th, 2015, 1:42 pm

Hello! I'm new to the site, but thought it would be nice to join in to share my passion of pet collecting and battling even though I really slowed down after getting these achieves.
imgur(dot)com/ugDk8oh

Anyways, onto my question. Is there anyway to see which of my pets are the least owned (Ex: My Spirit of Competition being like 3rd place, my Venus being 26th place, my rarest pet being 1st place)
Essentially just plugging in the 400 pets I have into this
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/stats/?ob=alpha
Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Stark
Top Rater

Re: Determining Pet Rarity (Quantity not Quality)

Post by Stark » January 7th, 2015, 4:00 pm

I know those pets may not be so high up on a list. I just mean of MY pets I've obtained. Just so I can get an idea of which pets I have are the rarest. (It'd also help if their are filters so I can exclude WoD pets as they only seem rare because some haven't bothered catching some of them that are pretty common.) But yeah, just want to know if anything like this is available. Thanks!

Treponem
Pet Score:9939
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Treponem » January 7th, 2015, 4:06 pm

No idea to be honest, but I'd welcome a filtering system like that to judge the rarity of pets I don't yet own. I missed the first month of WoD and when I came back I giddily spent a ruck of gold on pets I'd never heard of. Before realising that they were quite easily obtainable a few days down the line.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » January 7th, 2015, 4:12 pm

You can sort that same list that you linked so it shows the pets from the most rare to the least.
[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/stats/?ob=ultra[/url]

You can also look up any individual pet you are curious about to see what percentage of other collectors also have it. For example, The [pet]Spirit of Competition [/pet]is owned by 31.8% of our community.
[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/dragonkin/serpents/spirit-of-competition/[/url]

I hope this helps :-)
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » January 7th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Thanks, but I already knew about that. I was just curious if I could put my collection into that list so it could like light up the pet I have owned so I could distinguish said pets. I've got lots of rare/grindy pets that I don't want to look through one at a time for then match those with the fewest percent. Maybe I'm just lazy :P

Stark
Top Rater

Post by Stark » January 7th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Treponem wrote:No idea to be honest, but I'd welcome a filtering system like that to judge the rarity of pets I don't yet own. I missed the first month of WoD and when I came back I giddily spent a ruck of gold on pets I'd never heard of. Before realising that they were quite easily obtainable a few days down the line.
Ouch. Ya. Just like armor/weapons at the beginning on the expansion, it's better to wait for demand to die down.