Elfuego Scrappin Daily Stitches Jr. Nether Faerie Solo

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Elfuego Scrappin Daily Stitches Jr. Nether Faerie Solo

Post by Elfuego » December 3rd, 2014, 6:36 am

Hey guys, up next is the Solo of Stitches JR. [ability]Life Exchange[/ability] is the key here. Even though [ability]Arcane blast[/ability] may not hit at first, its damage still ramps on each use so just spam it until it starts connecting.

Stitches JR Video Strategy Guide : [url]http://youtu.be/_NpKIzvXZyw[/url]

Start with the [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] with [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]. From here just spam [ability]Arcane Blast[/ability]. Once life exchange is up, do it again and Stitches gets owned! If it looks like he's running low on life, you can always swap out until his life exchange is back up. I also like the [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] here. You can just bounce back and forth switching the [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]

You can also modify the whole [pet]Chrominius [/pet][ability]Howl[/ability] [ability]Surge of Power[/ability] combo also, but I found the dragon just tore thru him. I even used my Quintessence of Light team and they won. Be advised, theres a TON of RNG here.

Mess around with some pets that have life exchange!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
[url]http://www.wowpetbattle.com[/url]
GET OWNED!!

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Re: Elfuego Scrappin Daily Stitches Jr. Nether Faerie Solo

Post by Zeemonster424 » December 3rd, 2014, 11:35 am

I tried this probably 15 times Elfuego, and had no luck because RNG sucks, so I modified it a bit, maybe it will help others :D

Took Sprite Darter Hatchling, did Life Exchange. Switch
Took Nether Faerie Dragon and did Life Exchange. Switch

Took Iron Starlette. Wind-up, Supercharge, Wind-up. Then Wind-up, Wind-up and stitches is down. Starlette usually dies but the other two pets are still alive to take that extra Undead round.

Worked twice in a row (because I forgot to pick up the quest). This takes RNG out of the equation since the attacks always hit, and are more than 500.

I have a backwards way of doing things, but I swear the RNG Gods have it out for me... so stuff just doesn't work properly for me sometimes LOL

Mtecnic
Pet Score:1001
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Mtecnic » December 3rd, 2014, 11:51 am

All the water striders work well since he hits weak to them.

I used Frostfur Rat. Crouch > Call Darkness > Sneak attack (repeat til dead) got him half way
Strider Pump Pump Pump Pump until dead
Strider Pump Pump He dies resurrects and dies again.

Crazy since this was my first Garrison Daily win (i'm still new).

I have a question though about Garrison pet battling. I finished the quest and got my 8 pet marks.
If i continue to beat him today, will i get any more rewards or is it kinda pointless to keep going?
Last edited by Mtecnic on December 3rd, 2014, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 3rd, 2014, 12:21 pm

Well, I tried [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/go.asp?pet=Nether-Faerie-Dragon]Nether Faerie Dragon[/url], but had a [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/elemental/elementals/pandaren-water-spirit/]Pandaren Water Spirit[/url] / [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/go.asp?pet=Chrominius]Chrominious[/url] "howl Bomb" backup plan, and I'm glad I did. My Dragon died pretty fast, but the Howl Bomb was able to finish him off. I don't have a [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/go.asp?pet=Sprite-Darter-Hatchling]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/url], that's a drop rate I wasn't willing to farm. But it all worked out.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 12:31 pm

Mtecnic wrote:I have a question though about Garrison pet battling. I finished the quest and got my 8 pet marks.
If i continue to beat him today, will i get any more rewards or is it kinda pointless to keep going?
You will be wasting your time, there are no rewards.

Mtecnic
Pet Score:1001
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Mtecnic » December 3rd, 2014, 1:05 pm

Rendigar wrote:
Mtecnic wrote:I have a question though about Garrison pet battling. I finished the quest and got my 8 pet marks.
You will be wasting your time, there are no rewards.
Thank you!

Wakka
Pet Score:4324
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Wakka » December 3rd, 2014, 1:52 pm

I used Nether Faerie (P,P) and Unborn Valkyr (H,H). Started with dragon - Life Exchange - Switch to Valkyr - Curse of Doom -> Unholy Ascension - Back to dragon - Moonfire -> Arcane Blast -> Life Exchange and Curse of Doom finished him off. Then it's just survive the undead round and win.

Leesh42
Pet Score:13233
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Leesh42 » December 3rd, 2014, 10:24 pm

Thank you so much, your strategies have saved me tons of frustration.

Everyone that added variations, thank you, too! It's always good to have a back-up plan. Thankfully I have a LOT of max level pets, so I can usually find something that works, but I'm terrible at finding the best 'sort' of pet to use, sometimes. So I for one appreciate all the time-consuming and probably frustrating work that goes into figuring this stuff out, so that the rest of us can benefit.

Saebjoern
MVP
Pet Score:4816
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Saebjoern » December 4th, 2014, 1:27 am

For Stitches Jr, I just resorted to the howl bomb with unborn, pandaren water spirit, and chrominius. RnG kind of has to be on your side, got it done on the 4th try, but it does work.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 8:16 am

Saebjoern wrote:For Stitches Jr, I just resorted to the howl bomb with unborn, pandaren water spirit, and chrominius. RnG kind of has to be on your side, got it done on the 4th try, but it does work.
Trying a bunch of different ways what I found works pretty well is to combine a Life Exchange pet with the core of howl bombing. Open with Life Exchange, swap to elemental, Geyser, Whirlpool, swap to Chrominius, Howl, <boom>. I did find it went better when I could use 2 life exchanges, but it even worked using a Mini Mindslayer with LE, Inner Vision, his 3-turn magic attack - only the 1st one hits for damage, but it's around 900, then he'll likely die. It's risky, though, if Stitches decides to just cleave, cleave, cleave.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 5th, 2014, 7:53 am

Mini mindflayer works well too.
It has life exchange is magic so only takes 35% hits and has amp magic.

Matuzak
Pet Score:4329
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Matuzak » December 18th, 2014, 2:56 pm

OK, after trying some of the strats listed here, I kept getting RNGed out of the daily. So I took a couple of the pets from the above strats and came up with something that has now worked 8 times in a row! (Not reliant on crits either, if one of my attacks crit, I reset the fight to make sure you don't need them to happen in order to win).

Nether Faerie Dragon
R1 Moonfire
R2 Life Swap

Swap to:
Unborn Valk
R3 Curse of Doom
R4 Unholy Ascension

Swap to:
Chrominius
R5 Howl
R6 Surge of Power

That really should take him down. If for some reason he is still barely standing, swapping back to the NFD will mop it up with a Moonfire.

EDIT:
Looks like this can fail if Stitches spams the AoE, but he has only done that to me once in 10 battles now using this strat. So, not completely fool proof I guess. My bad.

Presto
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Presto#1944
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Presto » December 18th, 2014, 3:19 pm

Zeemonster424 wrote:I tried this probably 15 times Elfuego, and had no luck because RNG sucks, so I modified it a bit, maybe it will help others :D

Thanks for the idea Z. This is the first of El Fuego's strats that has failed badly for me because of the high RNG.

I used your strat, but added another [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] as my 3rd pet and did the [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]/switch-pet 3 times in a row. Then just kept swapping to soak damage, using [ability]Moonfire[/ability] whenever he used [ability]Enrage[/ability] or when the Dragonkin passive proc'ed guarantying a hit. Won with 2 pets alive.

This does not negate all of the RNG, but it impoved my win % greatly.
Presto says, "Let's trade!!" :P (btag: Presto#1944)

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » December 19th, 2014, 9:30 pm

Presto wrote:
Zeemonster424 wrote:I tried this probably 15 times Elfuego, and had no luck because RNG sucks, so I modified it a bit, maybe it will help others :D

Thanks for the idea Z. This is the first of El Fuego's strats that has failed badly for me because of the high RNG.

I used your strat, but added another [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] as my 3rd pet and did the [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]/switch-pet 3 times in a row. Then just kept swapping to soak damage, using [ability]Moonfire[/ability] whenever he used [ability]Enrage[/ability] or when the Dragonkin passive proc'ed guarantying a hit. Won with 2 pets alive.

This does not negate all of the RNG, but it impoved my win % greatly.
Presto, I posted this strategy mainly to showcase what IS possible when rng is on your side, that recording took 2 tries then repeated itself 3. I'm glad that you were able to get a variant to work well, that's the entire idea of these forums, to share ideas and network. I'm also glad to hear that most of my strategies work for you, this one not withstanding. If you have interest in exact science, [profile]Jerebear[/profile] does some really great and exact calculations in his posts!

www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Gorlab » January 2nd, 2015, 9:17 am

Some good information in this thread. I tried Elfuego's original strat, um 7 times actually, and never once did a Sprite Darter actually live long enough for Arcane Blast to do any damage. I would suggest not even trying. I tried variants of the Howling Surge but usually ended up with Stitches at around 400-500 life. Finally I settled on 1 life exchange and 2 Aquatics with Pump (as I think Mtecnic suggested) and found that worked for me 4 times in a row.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 2nd, 2015, 10:15 am

I tried it numerous times with a lvl 18 Sprite Darter, 25 PWS and 25 Chrom. Stitches always had ~100 health left after Life Exchange, Geyser, Whirlpool, Howl Bomb. Couldn't get any damage out of Arcane Blast.

Went and fought Ashlei with the Sprite Darter out. got it to lvl 21, went back to Stitches, and it worked. I don't think Life Exchange did much if any more damage, but I got that combo to work twice in a row. Once the Sprite died because I TRIED Arcane Blast, the second time the sprite lived, figured I'd get her some XP, but she only got 270 XP, so not going to level her through this fight.

But I at least got through it.

Good luck!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » January 2nd, 2015, 10:29 am

I've been messing around with it some today, trying different variations. I posted that original video to show how RNG really DOES effect fights. But today I was switching out an [pet]Ethereal Soul Trader[/pet], and a [pet]Mini Mindslayer[/pet]. The Faire Dragon works well because of his racial after dropping Stitches health to under 50% so it hits harder. You can try timing that effect. Ethereal and Mindslayer use [ability]Inner Vision[/ability] wich amplifies their attacks also, so it was easier to work around it. But It was quite amusing to watch the Faerie dragonling solo Stitches. I'm glad the variants are getting people thru the fight!

www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Syer
Pet Score:2151
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Syer » January 2nd, 2015, 12:39 pm

I used Zeemonster's strategy but didn't have a Sprite darter hatchling. I also found out that Stitches jr will 1 shot your pet on the 3rd round at random. so, i changed his strategy slightly by using the
Nether faerie dragon first, life exchange
swap to Ethereal soul trader life exchange ( mini mind slayer would do the same trick and it's more common as Elfuego suggested
then swap to the Iron starlette
Wind-up, Supercharge, Wind-up. Then Wind-up, Wind-up and stitches is down

Ichebu
Pet Score:4998
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ichebu » January 2nd, 2015, 1:35 pm

My pet selection is still limited, but I'm working on it as I follow guides. What I ended up doing was using 2 Striders I had, along with the Pandaren Water Spirit. It seemed to work OK on my 4 level 100's, but I failed 1 fight out of them.

I started with a water strider, cast pump, then depending on if he enraged or not I would cast pump again or cleansing rain, then pump. After pump had gone off and making sure Cleansing Rain was up I would swap to my PWS, use Whirlpool and then Dive. Back to the first Strider and Cleansing Rain, pump, pump. Back to PWS Whirlpool/Dive. Depending on what has died at this point, I would probably just go to the 2nd Strider, Cleansing Rain/Pump spam until he died.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » January 2nd, 2015, 2:13 pm

Thank you all so much, I just love these discussions. They have saved me so much frustration and help me figure out what I need to level next. I got lucky on the RNG and my NFD solo'ed Stitches Jr. like a boss.