WoD Grinding Spot?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
AbzoluteXero
MVP
Pet Score:10065
Realm:Eonar-us
WoD Grinding Spot?

Post by AbzoluteXero » December 17th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this was covered in another thread but I wasn't able to find a short simple answer to a question I have. In MoP I ground out 5 toons to 90 behind the inn in Mistfall Village. I was looking to repeat that process and was wondering if there was somewhere in Frostfire Ridge that I could use to grind out levels that had a similar easily repeatable strategy. I used 2 Crows to wipe out all the aquatics previously. It was quick and easy and I used the time to binge watch shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. :D So I was just looking for somewhere similar and figured I'd ask if anyone could help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: WoD Grinding Spot?

Post by Morlis » December 17th, 2014, 4:04 pm

if you have Menagerie level 3 done, today is a good day for grinding there. There are actually at least 3 days that those pet fights are very decent exp for grinding. Free pet heals super close. With hat, the pet sausage and patty the exp is almost as nice as doing a tamer with just the hat on.

Check [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12498]This Thread[/url] for a couple strats for today's menagerie.

*Edit* Just in case not all servers are the same, if you have Blingtron 4999b, Protectron 022481, Protectron 011803, that's the one I am referring too.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » December 17th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Archimedes, Samm, and Jahan - posted Strat [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12320]here in this thread[/url]

Grubbles, Scrags, and Stings - posted strat [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12392]here in this thread[/url]

These menagerie battles are the other 2 days that have very nice strats. I tend to save up my leveling for days when one of these 3 events are up. There may be other days that might be good but on days when the menagerie only has 1 or 2 opponents the exp drops down to make it not worth grinding.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 17th, 2014, 5:36 pm

I think the OP is looking for places to level TOONS to 100 through Pet Battle XP. Unfortunately, since you need to be 100 to have a menagerie, that won't work.

Sadly, I haven't found a good place yet, but if you find one, let me know!

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

AbzoluteXero
MVP

Post by AbzoluteXero » December 17th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Darolyn wrote:I think the OP is looking for places to level TOONS to 100 through Pet Battle XP. Unfortunately, since you need to be 100 to have a menagerie, that won't work.

Sadly, I haven't found a good place yet, but if you find one, let me know!

Daro
Yes, sadly this is what I was looking for, thank you for the info though, I will definitely get a few pets topped off with this strat. I was however, looking for more of a spot I could grind out pet battles and level a character at the same time.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though! :D

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » December 18th, 2014, 12:41 pm

Doh, I did misread your intent. :oops:

On the right subject... I have noticed a ton of the [pet]Icespine Hatchling[/pet] type in Frostfire Ridge. I have seen them in 8+ clumps throughout most of the zone. My guess is there might be a decent spot there out of the range of other mobs. What I have no idea about though is how fast they respawn. I didn't stick around after I got a rare.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 18th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Right outside the horde garrison on either side of the road next to the little lava lake there are 15-20 spawns available. You have to watch out for a couple packs of roaming boars if you go beyond the rocks on the left (assuming you're walking out of a friend's garrison). I am levelling my monk there to get my 5000 draenor battles done, but he was 90 when he got here and is 92 now, so I do not know what the aggro range is for true lowbies.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm

Frostfire is definitely the place to go. I was grinding out the (at the time) 500 battles for the menagerie and found some good spots on the slopes by the rare worm that you feed ogres to (forgot the name). The Icespine Hatchlings in that area respawn continuously (so as soon as you finish one off, another respawns in the exact same spot). A team of Lil XT and Landro's Lil XT made quick work of them.

Granted my toons were level 90 so they weren't unable to defend themselves against the occasional angry mob, so if you're trying to level toons below that that spot won't work so well. I think the area close to the daily pet tamer in Frostfire is perhaps safer, but there's not the huge grouping of Icespine Hatchlings like in other areas.

AbzoluteXero
MVP

Post by AbzoluteXero » December 18th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Peanutty wrote:Frostfire is definitely the place to go. I was grinding out the (at the time) 500 battles for the menagerie and found some good spots on the slopes by the rare worm that you feed ogres to (forgot the name). The Icespine Hatchlings in that area respawn continuously (so as soon as you finish one off, another respawns in the exact same spot). A team of Lil XT and Landro's Lil XT made quick work of them.

Granted my toons were level 90 so they weren't unable to defend themselves against the occasional angry mob, so if you're trying to level toons below that that spot won't work so well. I think the area close to the daily pet tamer in Frostfire is perhaps safer, but there's not the huge grouping of Icespine Hatchlings like in other areas.
Awesome, my toons I want to level are all 90, I'll give this place a shot. What skill build out do you use for your XT team?

Thanks for the response! :D

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 18th, 2014, 10:02 pm

AbzoluteXero wrote:Awesome, my toons I want to level are all 90, I'll give this place a shot. What skill build out do you use for your XT team?
I have both XTs with Heartbroken & Tantrum (and one with Zap, one with Thrash, just to mix things up since rats and roaches are common secondaries). Use Heartbroken, Tantrum, and then swap and repeat if needed. Once the battle is over if the first XT is low I swap in the other one as the primary and continue on. Third spot is a carry pet or a Turnip, if I'm looking to catch some pets. Since Tantrum goes 3 rounds it's easy to do this while watching TV or reading.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 19th, 2014, 8:54 am

Morlis wrote:if you have Menagerie level 3 done, today is a good day for grinding there.
Just a bit of off-topic, but you don't actually have to have level 3 menagerie. Level 3 just opens up the daily quest with a bag reward, level 1 already "attracts elite pets you can battle" :)

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » December 19th, 2014, 11:11 am

Iibis wrote:
Morlis wrote:if you have Menagerie level 3 done, today is a good day for grinding there.
Just a bit of off-topic, but you don't actually have to have level 3 menagerie. Level 3 just opens up the daily quest with a bag reward, level 1 already "attracts elite pets you can battle" :)
This is true.

Upon reflection it was not my intention to say Level 3 Menagerie, I meant that the garrison (aka town hall) itself needs to be level 3, which is only obtainable once you are 100. Once the garrison is level 3 then the menagerie becomes available. Guess in my haste to post I squished my thoughts down to what it became...

Morlis + Haste = sloppy :lol:

PS. It seems as longs we are back on this topic, if you have today's daily as Manos, Hanos, and Fatos then there is a decent strat to beat them with 2 pets in this thread. I used Pandairi's Strat since I don't have 2 Mechanical Pandaren Dragons (AKA MPD), plus I just love to blow things up with explode. :twisted:

Pry
Pet Score:8382
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Pry » December 23rd, 2014, 11:29 am

Is this still valid?

Today while fighting Beakinator I realized I could 2 pet it, so I subbed in a level 14 Mana Wyrmling and with the killing blow it only got ~400 xp. I did not have time to try it again before running off to work but it appears to be bugged / nerfed for me.

Anyone else?

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 23rd, 2014, 12:42 pm

Pry wrote:Is this still valid?

Today while fighting Beakinator I realized I could 2 pet it, so I subbed in a level 14 Mana Wyrmling and with the killing blow it only got ~400 xp. I did not have time to try it again before running off to work but it appears to be bugged / nerfed for me.

Anyone else?
Beakinator is a single pet fight that you click directly on the pet to battle, correct? Those give very poor XP. The ones that give good XP are those that you click on the post (or Squirt) and especially those with 3 enemy pets. There are several other threads discussing this, and Jerebear will be putting the detailed math into his guide on pet XP over in the guide section once he finishes compiling it all.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 23rd, 2014, 6:16 pm

Can you pet battle in a friend's garrison? Like, if you visit someone's garrison, and they have a menagerie, can you do the battle? Not necessarily the daily, but fight the pets for XP?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » December 23rd, 2014, 8:07 pm

Saw the post, figured I could add this for ya! I recently started a power leveling series for pets in WOD specifically.

Gromgar 68,64

This is the second area of Powerleveling and new in 6.0 here you will face off Gargra and her pack of wolves, and after her demise its a curios team of Jade Crane Chick and a Kun-lai Runt. I know it sounds like a strange conbination, but the mixture of critters here with weak attacks against the Flier will make sense. Also, you should have a level 2 Garrison by now, and that will shorten your Revive Pet skill down to 4 minutes, VERY handy and easy on the bandages! Its Literaly a circle here after defeating Gargra. I have Interact with Target keybound to F1, It makes it very easy to target the pet to fight then just spam F1 untill you reach a usable battlefield. Set the Crane Chick up with Thrash, Jadeskin and Cyclone. Set the runt with Thrash, Frostshock and Rampage. When facing the Icespine Hatchlings use the Jadesin first, then thrash away. Use Cyclone to soften up any background fliers when theres 2. To save health on the Jade chick, Swap into the Runt when theres two critters as there weak against humanoids.

Video Guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LfhLLFJZ8xA

You can also 2 pet every WOD trainer and the MOP ones as well, you can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M01JIe9IrOA

hope it helps!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 24th, 2014, 3:32 am

My very favorite area for leveling pets and toons at same time is Frostfire, but way up north, just east of Bloodmaul Slag Mines. Seemingly limitless supply of wild pets in a small area. This is from Alliance perspective, it happens to be near the only Ally FP in Frostfire and I haven't explored enough to know it there are similar situations down south. If you don't go too far east, only thing that'll occasionally attack is an annoying but easy-to-kill bat (I could swear it's programmed to jump you as soon as you finish a pet battle).

Primary pets are a mix of Icespines, Frostfur Rats, and Twilight Wasps, with the usual mix of secondaries. I back up my leveling pet with a Feline Familiar, his combination of shield, hit, and healing is excellent for this sort of grinding. Most battles the Feline ends up with full or almost full health, it's rare I have to use a bandage. The 3rd pet on the team is just for emergency backup and very seldom gets used.

Hannabev
MVP
Pet Score:6081

Post by Hannabev » December 24th, 2014, 3:31 pm

I'm thinking still level grind the "MoP way", then once you can get to WoD...high tail it over!! :)
Good luck and happy grinding!!
<3 Gaska, Littlest Pet League and Galuna/Galesdra, Warcraft Pets - Madoran
-Hannabev/Hannay/Hannai *Horde mains*, User Friendly - Ysera
-Emme *Alliance main*, Return to Sender - Ysera

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » December 24th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Primary pets are a mix of Icespines, Frostfur Rats, and Twilight Wasps, with the usual mix of secondaries. I back up my leveling pet with a Feline Familiar, his combination of shield, hit, and healing is excellent for this sort of grinding. Most battles the Feline ends up with full or almost full health, it's rare I have to use a bandage. The 3rd pet on the team is just for emergency backup and very seldom gets used.
This is the exact thing I do. I however use Black Tabby Cat as third pet (in case I fight a team with no Wasp).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 24th, 2014, 10:20 pm

I've targeted the icespine packs and lead with the rotten helper. He usually kills the first two pets within 3-4 rounds with minimal damage. Booby trapped presents + Grench's gift is awesome. Even if you don't kill the first pet on R2, a weak club will kill it most of the time.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829