Problem with Ebay seller

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
Problem with Ebay seller

Post by Avalee » August 3rd, 2013, 2:22 am

I bought 3 TCG pets from this guy, someone who sells these cards very frequently. But I mailed him to ask to combine the shipping so I don't have to pay shipping costs for each item.
But there's no response and I bought them over a week ago. He's not on vacation or anything cause new cards are being added to his listing all the time.

So what can I do now? Obviously I haven't paid yet, but I refuse to pay shipping 3 times for 1 order. Anyone has experience with this?

Oh and edit, total costs for these cards is around 300 euros.

Nightabsm
Pet Score:6772
BattleTag®:Nighta#1141
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Problem with Ebay seller

Post by Nightabsm » August 12th, 2013, 4:55 am

I don't have experience with something like this in particular, but I do use eBay a bit and I would suggest not only "politely" spamming the seller some more with messages, but go to eBay themselves about the situation. He may simply be trying to get more money out of you via Shipping, or simply not looking at his Messages, which I do find hard to believe with eBay buyers/sellers with active auctions, and of course do not pay for the item until something can be worked out.

You will be able to report the seller in either case, potentially for a reason listed on the Report page. (On the buyer report page, there is an option to report them for making "unreasonable demends", which in this case I think would apply, except for the seller)

I typically sell more than buy myself, but the option to report a buyer is under "My eBay:Summary:Sold:More Actions:Report this buyer". The same might apply for a seller, though I'm not positive.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck. =)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: Problem with Ebay seller

Post by Shikon01 » September 1st, 2013, 9:07 pm

I have done a lot of buying and selling on ebay .My question is were the purchases made at the same time or days apart? If you haven't paid for the items then he should have all three items and be able to combine shipping .Some issue a time frame, say all purchases made within 48 hrs I know a lot folks have tried to up their profit margins by manipulating shipping costs, but as a rule a good seller has no issue combing shipping costs for items. Some sellers have to manually combine shipping and others like myself has it set up to discount as well as combine shipping.Try to make contact again w/ the seller through ebay and email. If he has that high of a volume he really doesn't want a mark against him. Request an updated invoice sent to your email address. Check the fine print does he state that he offers combined shipping? If he doesn't anywhere on his site then you can contact ebay but they will probably rule w/ him. Good luck to you.