Down-votes on everything?

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Redmamalion
Pet Score:2433
Realm:Malygos-us
Down-votes on everything?

Post by Redmamalion » August 24th, 2014, 12:00 pm

I know this is an odd thing to say but I think that down-voting comments shouldn't be allowed. I think it is being heavily abused on all fronts. Every time I look at any comment no matter how helpful it is, it is always rated 0 or a negative number. I don't know why it is like that all over the site, it's just really negative (seriously; no pun intended) to see each and every time. :?
Attachments
ex.jpg
Example of down-votes because I am not able to post external links.
ex.jpg (172.42KiB)Viewed 2990 times

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Down-votes on everything?

Post by Mehetabel » August 29th, 2014, 8:24 am

I tend to agree. The down voting does seem to have gotten out of hand. Sometimes I can understand it, like when a comment doesn't give any practical information on the pet or where/how to get it but I so often see a really useful comment that's been down voted and it makes no sense. I even had one of my own comments down voted once, and all I'd said was something to do with where I found it. :?

Redmamalion
Pet Score:2433
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Redmamalion » August 29th, 2014, 10:09 am

When it comes to comments on pets, I never see one rated above a zero. It doesn't matter how helpful or useful the comment is, it is always voted down. The site already has all the most useful information, people can only add so much to it in order to help. And to those that try, they are instantly shot down. I think it should be removed. Especially for the pets sections. It just doesn't make sense to have a system where trolls obviously have free play.

Auckleenjim
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Auckleenjim » September 25th, 2014, 11:18 pm

thank you so much