What are your thoughts on new mount?

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
What are your thoughts on new mount?

Post by Shikon01 » January 16th, 2014, 7:48 pm

I know a lot of folks collect mounts as much as they collect and love there pets so what are your thoughts ? I know my undead mage looks great on that bat but, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this new creature. Its mean and ugly looking :lol: Anyone excited or planning on getting this new baby ?

Leowyld
Pet Score:748
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: What are your thoughts on new mount?

Post by Leowyld » January 17th, 2014, 1:08 am

I've never been a big mount collector myself. I actually prefer a gryphon as a flying mount (although that flying disc you get in Pandaria is cool, too). Never really tried to get any of the dragons and such. And I doubt I would buy a store mount. All that said, It isn't pretty, no, but I don't think it is supposed to be. It does look kinda cool and bad-a.
Leowyld on Earthen Ring, Alliance;
Leowyld on Marvel Heroes (Commander of the D'ast Raccoonatics, a MH Guild/RR Fan Club)
"And that's how we do things in the Raccooniverse." - Rocket Raccoon

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 17th, 2014, 6:23 am

I like the barrel rolls, but the drunk flying is annoying...

Post by Guest » January 17th, 2014, 8:14 am

Emerald Hippogryph
Argent Hippogryph
Cenarion Hippogryph

I tend to use those 3. Any other mount I don't really care about tbh (even though I have some like armoured bloodwing - never use it)

If they changed armoured bloodwing to have a walk animation then I would consider using it. The "flap 2 feet above ground is walking" concept is silly. Especially with WoD restricting flying. (If the mount can flap 2 feet off the ground... why can't it fly?)

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » January 17th, 2014, 2:36 pm

I like that I have almost accidentally accumulated a nice assortment of mounts, but I don't go out of my way to collect them. I've purchased several mounts from the store that struck my fancy, but this won't be one of them.

Taste being subjective, this isn't a design that I find particularly attractive. The choice of modelling it after a chimaera is interesting, but to me the design of the wings is off and the bomb things... or whatever the flaming canisters glued to its side are, are questionable additions at best.

While I think some of the large mounts are beautiful and own a good number of them, for day to day use and especially for the purposes of farming ore, I lean toward the smaller mounts. I tend to avoid using mounts that don't actually have a walk animation just because they feel so different when constantly landing and taking off while farming. For the past many weeks, I've been using my Swift Windsteed. His running animation when viewed from behind is a bit quirky, but I like him.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 17th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Kind of strange looking. But when it goes on sale, I'll get it.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » January 18th, 2014, 10:24 am

Telsek, I'm like you as I have some mounts like the bat I really like, but isn't the best choice for farming which is disappointing. I haven't seen this one on bonechewer yet as shocking as that is on such an old realm and I wanted to get a really good look at it, but this appears to be a " look at me " mount verse being a mount you could enjoy farming on. I too farm on my smaller flyers, but would love for wow to come out w/ one that's ' cool " as well as good for farming. I like to be able to use a variety of mounts depending on my mood, but will get this one if it goes on sell to add to collection.

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10692
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » January 19th, 2014, 4:26 pm

I really like the way it looks, but I probably won't get it because I never tend to buy any of the Blizzard store mounts.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » January 19th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Haevlyn wrote:. The "flap 2 feet above ground is walking" concept is silly. Especially with WoD restricting flying. (If the mount can flap 2 feet off the ground... why can't it fly?)
Duh, gravity differences! :)
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Deadlycurves » March 23rd, 2014, 10:39 pm

i did buy this mount as i buy all the blizz store mounts and pets, though i only use it on one toon a non farming DK who as an egineer likes that the beast is jet powered too :mrgreen: