cross faction mounts?

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us
cross faction mounts?

Post by Aeonesti » April 25th, 2012, 7:47 am

Ok, I saw on the facebook this morning (that I can't get to now that I'm at work) that in addition to cross-faction pets, there are cross faction mounts in the beta.

Are you saying my goblin gets to ride GRYPHONS??? and a unicorn???? (squeeeeee i've always wanted the unicorn from the tournament) or do they just kinda... show up... in the list but aren't useable by the opposite faction?

I'm still working on getting my alliance alt up in levels, but I need to make plans if I'm going to have to aquire all the alliance mounts in addiation to the pets!
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: cross faction mounts?

Post by Lysi » April 25th, 2012, 10:45 am

Hmmm, even if it is in the beta, I haven't seen any Blizzard sources say mounts would go account wide like the pets. Anyone have official news on this?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Aeonesti
MVP

Post by Aeonesti » April 26th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Yeah, it looks like poster on facebook (prob Quint or Doob) jumped the gun a bit on account wide. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for that change though. Must have all the things!

Aeonesti
MVP

Post by Aeonesti » May 9th, 2012, 8:29 am

Well, account-mounts are in, but cross faction looks like a no-no. I'll keep leveling my Alliance DK just in case, but my guess is that she'll just end up being a go-to for things like the added in lantern for the lunar festival.

Daned
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Daned » May 24th, 2012, 9:28 am

Does that mean that if you have a Warlock/Paladin their mounts will show up in your other characters' mount journals but that you won't be able to summon them?