Mists of Pandaria

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Mists of Pandaria

Post by Lysi » March 6th, 2012, 1:57 pm

What are you hopes for the next expansion? What are your fears? A lot of things worry me, but I also think some people are jumping to the conclusions because of the very small amount of info we've gotten about the expansion.

I fear the pet battle system will restrict normal collecting as we do it now. I hope we can still get achievements for normal collecting, and that they don't take away pets.

Some people think we won't be able to fly until level 90, others think it will just be no flying in the new Pandaria continent. I think they did say at the con that people wouldn't fly until "top level"--but that wouldn't make sense for everything in the game, so they must mean Pandaria..? Outland and Northrend were designed for flying, many quests you couldn't do at the level they were made for if you couldn't fly until 90. So they can't mean it that way. If they take flying away from my characters who can already fly even in Azeroth, I'll be a sad panda. I can barely stand playing my under 60 characters now. I've always hated how many steps your character has to make to complete simple tasks and quests. I've come to hate all time wasters in all games, but in WoW this is a particular peeve, since the more I have to move my character, the more it bothers my arthritis, and the less time I can play. I use click to move and autorun as much as possible, but that only works for a straight path. If you're winding your way around to the top of a tower, or something like that, it doesn't help at all.

I don't understand why they're changing the talent system again. They seem obsessed with doing away with "cookie cutter" builds, but the changes their proposing will make players more alike, not less alike! You will have no choice for the vast majority of spells, only a few things available as talents that can make your character different (and Blizz keeps saying it won't be anything essential as if that's a good thing, but to me it sounds more like it will be pointless).

I've heard that the new monk class won't have an autoattack, if you're not clicking your not fighting. It's not a problem for only one class, I just won't play that class. But I fear the developers will fall in love with the idea, and decide all classes need to be played that way. I started playing WoW because a friend assured me you don't need arcade game skills to do it. The game designers can still do whatever fancy animations they want for the various attacks, so why take away autoattack?

The developers have said the war between Alliance and Horde will heat up, and some people fear that PvE servers will be more like PvP servers. But again this has to be an overreaction, Blizzard can see PvP servers aren't as popular, they won't want to lose the larger part of their fan base. I avoid PvP like the plague, but I don't mind them added some more for people who like it, as long as it's optional like it is now.

I don't hate everything I've heard about MoP. The graphics we've seen look great, and certainly I like the idea of playable pandas. I collect teddy bears irl, and I'm a big Jackie Chan fan, in a way it couldn't be more up my alley. On the other hand, I'm really picky about how characters look, and a subject dear to your heart can be one you judge more harshly. The male pandas look alright, but all the promos have them with human style head hair, and I hope leaving that off is an option. I'm concerned also how the female pandas will turn out. Also along those lines, they said they're going to be updating the character models of the old playable races. Those models are badly in need of an update, but again I'm worried I won't like the changes.

I hope they don't nerf XP for archeology. It's an alternative way to level, and gives you some cute items. I have my fingers crossed that it will still be good for leveling and that herbs, mining (and maybe even some of the other professions) will contribute to leveling too. I'm not doing much archeology with my 85s now, even though I still need many rares, in the hopes that that they will be able to look for those and get XP at the same time when MoP comes out.

So, we'll see. I stopped playing for a couple months when Cataclysm came out, and I still have a love/hate relationship with it. I love low level dailies, I don't like phasing, just to name a couple things. I hope I love the next expansion, and play WoW for 20 years. XD
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Maleika

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by Maleika » March 8th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Lysi wrote:Some people think we won't be able to fly until level 90, others think it will just be no flying in the new Pandaria continent. I think they did say at the con that people wouldn't fly until "top level"--but that wouldn't make sense for everything in the game, so they must mean Pandaria..?
From what I watched from the blizzcon, they did specify that you would not be able to fly in Pandaria until max lvl. I remember this question being brought up from the audience and addressed as so. So all flying in Northrend, kalimdor, Eastern Kindoms and such would stay the same.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » March 9th, 2012, 7:30 am

Maleika wrote:
Lysi wrote:Some people think we won't be able to fly until level 90, others think it will just be no flying in the new Pandaria continent. I think they did say at the con that people wouldn't fly until "top level"--but that wouldn't make sense for everything in the game, so they must mean Pandaria..?
From what I watched from the blizzcon, they did specify that you would not be able to fly in Pandaria until max lvl. I remember this question being brought up from the audience and addressed as so. So all flying in Northrend, kalimdor, Eastern Kindoms and such would stay the same.
Right. Just like when Northrend first came out and you couldn't fly there until level 77, you could still fly in Outland.
Mingyao on Madoran

Talespin
Pet Score:2184
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Talespin » March 9th, 2012, 10:20 am

I've heard that the new monk class won't have an autoattack, if you're not clicking your not fighting. It's not a problem for only one class, I just won't play that class. But I fear the developers will fall in love with the idea, and decide all classes need to be played that way.
...ew. I would NOT like that either...it better be for the monk class only!
Also along those lines, they said they're going to be updating the character models of the old playable races. Those models are badly in need of an update, but again I'm worried I won't like the changes.
Now this I'm very curious (and worried) about...I still hate what they did to the female worgen, there are so many things I would fix on that. I really like this person's take on them: http://pokketmowse.deviantart.com/art/S ... -193892079 and this: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2817/worgend.jpg Perhaps they'll update the cata models while they're at it...although somehow I have my doubts. I agree that many of the older races need a serious update, but the question is can they do it without managing to make them look WORSE than they look now. As for the pandarian...if they make the females thin it won't just make me sad, it'll make no sense.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 10th, 2012, 6:36 pm

I actually like the old worgen faces, from before they were a playable race. Oh well. I haven't tried playing worgen yet, maybe I will eventually. And I really dislike the running wild thing.

As for fixing up the old races, I hope they keep the character of each face from the original models. Just fix the pixelation and errors (like a lock of hair that doesn't connect anywhere), make your characters look the same but better. And then in addition to the upgrades to the current looks, add a few completely new looks to each race. I'd still like to see at least a few free recustomizations thrown in for current players, or the chance to recustomize every toon you have when you upgrade to MoP. Otherwise you wouldn't have a chance to really take advantage of the new models, unless you either pay (like you have to if you want to change features now), or make a new character.

The female pandas worry me, not sure what they're going to come up with for that..

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 19th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Female pandas look ok, but I'm not sure they look like pandas, lol. Monk will have an autoattack, glad they changed their minds about that one. In game farms sound weird. 11 character slots instead of 10, I was really hoping for more. Still trying to read all the new info..

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » March 21st, 2012, 1:27 am

I think the female pandarans look a bit like carebears, they're just TOO cute. Noone will take them seriously.
On a personal note, I'm afraid of what they'll do to warlocks. According to Ghostcrawler, we will get the most changes - what if I don't like the class anymore? I've been a warlock for 7 years and it's the only class where there's nothing that annoys me. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm really worried. If they screw up warlocks, MoP will be my last expansion.
Because soulshards are pink.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 21st, 2012, 12:43 pm

Gwenn wrote:I think the female pandarans look a bit like carebears, they're just TOO cute. Noone will take them seriously.
On a personal note, I'm afraid of what they'll do to warlocks. According to Ghostcrawler, we will get the most changes - what if I don't like the class anymore? I've been a warlock for 7 years and it's the only class where there's nothing that annoys me. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm really worried. If they screw up warlocks, MoP will be my last expansion.
I did see one pandaren gal with a somewhat meaner, shaggier face. Of course I can't remember where I saw it, sorry! But it was a pic from this latest press release stuff. I've also read (but not seen) that there will be a red panda color option for females (I don't know about males). So hopefully we will have a variety of appearance options, maybe you can make one you like. I worry about class changes, too, I don't know why they have to keep remaking the talent tree and such. It took me a long time to warm up to Cata, but in the end I regretted not playing for a couple months and losing time. So I'm going to try to get into MoP whatever happens, see how it goes. I just hope 11 character slots isn't the final answer on that..

Pomelo
Pet Score:1012
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Pomelo » March 28th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Gwenn wrote:I think the female pandarans look a bit like carebears, they're just TOO cute. Noone will take them seriously.

I hear what you're saying and I have similar feelings. I'm not really a huge fan of her current face, either. Although, I think both models look really incredible in a lot of ways. The thing is, I don't even need them to change her face. I think that's a great option for a face. I just really hope that they'll also give us the ability to customize facial features and expressions, like we have with most other races.

I love the choices we have for fur colors and markings. And, I even remember reading that we're possibly getting options for embellishments, like scars. That sounds really awesome. But, what about actual facial features and expressions, though? I love the male's muzzle so much better than the current female's. And, I'd love to have a facial option for the female, where she has that same nose/mouth.

Like this: http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r62 ... daren2.png

All I did was copy and paste the male's muzzle onto the female's face and blend a bit around the rough edges. That's it. It's not my own art work, I didn't fiddle or tweak things a bunch. It's the male's muzzle as it already exists, just slapped on the female's face. What a simple customization option that would be and it would give everyone at least one other facial choice. Although, I'd love it if we could have several.

I think that's actually where the whole female Worgen debacle came in. With the Worgen, we only got one choice of face. We have markings and fur colors, but still only one real face and for anyone that wasn't a fan, it was a real bummer to have such a lack of customization.

I'd love to have facial choices, like with the Goblins. They have such variety!

I just so hope that they'll end up giving us options like this, in the future. If I had one wow-related wish right now, that would honestly be it. Not that I could have Invincible or that I could even snap my fingers and have every pet in the game. I just want to have facial feature choices for my Pandaren female, especially one similar to the one above.

MoP is looking fantastic, though. I really really can't wait! :)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 28th, 2012, 5:30 pm

Oh, I absolutely hope for a nice selection of facial features, too. A couple people commented on the 23 female panda images WowInsider post, that there are 2 tabs for customization that are not yet working in beta. So I'm hoping one is for eyes/nose/mouth and our pandas can have some real personality. I like characters with character!

Pomelo
Pet Score:1012
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Pomelo » March 28th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Hehe, I know just what you mean, Lysi. I feel exactly the same and that's a perfect way of putting it; I love characters with character, too! I hope that'll be the case, also, with those two missing tabs. That would be so excellent. ^_^