WoW Chat

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Re: WoW Chat

Post by Lysi » April 2nd, 2012, 6:40 pm

I don't want to believe Activision is turning Warcraft into a Facebook game, but today I innocently went to compare my mount collection to my husband's by checking the armory, and I don't know what to think. Up pops this weird animated thing -

First it tells me this character is ready for heroics (obviously this crab doesn't know me, lol). If you click it closed, something else pops up. So then it said, "I think I know this guy." Huh? And next came up this ad for another game. On my husband's armory page, he plays a human pally, it's telling me, "Humans are definitely the most underrepresented race." And nows it's having me click to change this things hat..?!

With the stupid eyes, it reminds of the annoying animated paperclip from Microsoft. I'd like to think it's an April Fool's joke, but it's April 2nd. I'm not logged into the site, by the way. Anyone else see this bizarre thing?

I suppose I'll just use the element blocker to block it..
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 2nd, 2012, 6:43 pm

OK, I give up, has battle.net been hacked?! This has to be left over from April 1, right?

Edit: Just got confirmation that this was an April Fools joke, and I have no problem with that. The only reason I brought it up was I didn't see him until April 2, I figured all the jokes would be over by then, lol.
Last edited by Lysi on April 10th, 2012, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » April 3rd, 2012, 9:14 pm

Lysi wrote:With the stupid eyes, it reminds of the annoying animated paperclip from Microsoft. I'd like to think it's an April Fool's joke, but it's April 2nd. I'm not logged into the site, by the way. Anyone else see this bizarre thing?

I found it really funny, not only because of the pretty clear mockery of the paper clip, but also the fact that it uses the model of the pet "ghostcrawler", nickname of a game designer for those who doesnt stalk mmo-champ :P (Greg Street), and the fact that when you try to click it away, he just puts on a silly hat.

But i can understand if people find it annoying :P

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 5th, 2012, 12:25 pm

My shammy is working on Salty as she levels. 12 hours 28 minutes to the next Mr Pinchy wish! She's crossing her fingers and hooves. XD

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 8th, 2012, 10:45 pm

My shammy did get the Magical Crawdad! I'm not sure exactly how the account wide pets will work, but hopefully getting any pet (even though it's not on my pet collector) will count towards future pet achievements. It's nice to be able to work on Salty for my shammy and help my pet collection, too, so I hope it will work that way. My mount collector got the Nether Ray Fry while working on that rep, so hopefully I'll never had to do that again, either, lol. And my actual pet collector, Lysi, finished the quests for Tiny Flamefly. So it's been a good week. :0)

My mount collector is up to 80 mounts, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to 100. I think I've finished the rep grinds that yield multiple mounts, so it's going to be one here one there and I'm trying to figure out the easiest path. I started working on the Winterspring mount today (it works like the Venomhide now), and started working on the Noblegarden mount. I'll be getting the Darkmoon bear next month. I tried running Culling of Stratholme with my husband once, after multiple fails alone, and we weren't fast enough, but I think we could do it with practice. I'm starting to think it's a myth Anzu drops a mount, lol. So, yeah, working on various mounts, between other projects. If you want to take a peek at my collection and heckle or whatever, lol, it's here, if I'm missing something easy please let me know (keep in mind, I have no skill and few people to help me, lol) http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=49709

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 9th, 2012, 6:56 am

The first thought I had was the Argent Tournament, there are a dozen mounts you can get.
Mingyao on Madoran

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 9th, 2012, 8:49 pm

GormanGhaste wrote:The first thought I had was the Argent Tournament, there are a dozen mounts you can get.
Oh, I didn't realize there were mounts. Since you can buy most of the pets I never looked into it. Thanks for the info!

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » April 11th, 2012, 11:33 am

Lysi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:The first thought I had was the Argent Tournament, there are a dozen mounts you can get.
Oh, I didn't realize there were mounts. Since you can buy most of the pets I never looked into it. Thanks for the info!
A amory link would make it easier, since you can browse all the ones your missing, and not just see what you have, that way non will be forgotten :P

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 13th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Seriema, my tauren's first hunter pet, said her true love was hiding in one of those little eggs. That didn't seem possible, but sure enough she was right!

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 28th, 2012, 10:43 am

I just can't do Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord again, arg.. I'll do some archeology, although my shammy would like tuskarr rep just because fishing is her thing. So I guess I'll do what I need to do to open up those dailies. Due to the XP math, there are parts of Outland I've never quested, lol.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » April 29th, 2012, 12:34 am

"Realm First! Deathwing!" just popped up on my server.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 6th, 2012, 10:28 am

So close to Salty I can taste it, lol. My shammy just needs Barlow to give her the Crocs quest, and she's done. She's 71, I'll have to work on the rest of the fishing achievements to keep her busy until 85. :)

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » May 8th, 2012, 2:42 am

I still need the Fishing Contest to get Salty, and I honestly doubt I'll ever win. RNG just doesn't love me enough. I always get a bucketload of fish that aren't Tastyfish and I've never caught a shark. T_T
Because soulshards are pink.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 8th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Gwenn wrote:I still need the Fishing Contest to get Salty, and I honestly doubt I'll ever win. RNG just doesn't love me enough. I always get a bucketload of fish that aren't Tastyfish and I've never caught a shark. T_T
For this I've been really lucky, although for other things RNG is not always my friend, lol. Sorry you have not been so lucky! Have you tried recently? I think it was easier than in the past, a little less competition with less people playing, the lull between expansions--but if you're on a high pop server maybe it won't help. Not sure what you've tried, for either tournament be sure to use the +150 lure, Captain Rumsey's Lager, and any fishing gear you can get your hands on. For Stranglethorn, in the first few practice tries I found a good place that didn't seem to be used very often, pools spawn all around the nameless island at (20, 40) in Northern Stranglethorn. I stayed by that island and the nearby shore the whole time. Maybe it's a terrible spot on your server, just figured it was worth mentioning. Good luck!

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 16th, 2012, 8:57 pm

So quiet here today.. *whistle*

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » May 24th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hqwallace wrote:Had quite a day yesterday.....on my main, my hunter, I got the Raven Lord mount in the morning, one of the Bindings of the Windseeker from Garr in the afternoon, and the Reins of the Twilight Drake last night! So excited, of course, but now I am afraid I used up all my luck in WoW and I will never get anything I want to drop again! :lol:
Wow, that's quite a streak of luck! Congratulations! My warrior keeps beating on Anzu, but I swear he doesn't really drop a mount in spite of what people say, lol.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » June 13th, 2012, 12:43 am

I got my shammy to 80 last night. Hazzah! At about this point, I start to think I can really get to 85 with the character, lol. And Lysi hit 70 today, yippee, maybe I'll actually get her to 85 as well. But 8000 gold for flying in the past 2 days, ouch!

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » June 16th, 2012, 10:48 pm

I'm doing archeology, because apparently I don't have enough common night elf artifacts..