Blizzard Cloud For Addons

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us
Blizzard Cloud For Addons

Post by Goldash » November 11th, 2014, 6:31 pm

During Blizzcon a suggestion was made for Cloud Based storage for Addons. I thought I would follow that up here as I found it to be an amazing idea and Blizzard were also very positive towards it. I play from a Desktop and a Laptop and I would much prefer to only have to update addons once and all of my machines would be synchronized with that update. This would be something I think people who play from multiple locations such as internet cafes would find amazingly supportive. Also if you have things such as stored information in those addons it could be updated from the cloud.

Summation of benefits of Cloud Based Addons:
-Single point for updating Addons
-Single point for storing Addon configuration

Some addons I use around Pet Battles:
Pet Teams
-Stores preset teams for battling Pet Masters.
Pet Journal Enhanced
-Advanced search/sorting for Pets and their abilities
Pet Tracker
-Shows pets on a map for locating new pets and also shows pet abilities of opposition during fights with their cool downs.
Altoholic
-Shows me where my alts are, mail, auctions and how much gold they have for obtaining new pets.

Omnyzm
Pet Score:11199
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Blizzard Cloud For Addons

Post by Omnyzm » November 12th, 2014, 3:03 pm

This would be awesome so hopefully it gains traction. As someone who plays on multiple PC's it gets cumbersome maintaining everything over and over. Pet Teams that you mentioned for sure. Auctioneer would also be great to have standard data and only 1 scan.

Thanks for the info!
Dãzz - Oberøn - Omnyzm