1000 battle pets isn't nearly enough! Let's lobby?!

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu
1000 battle pets isn't nearly enough! Let's lobby?!

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 1:41 pm

[url=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11043414955]I started a thread on the official forums a little while back here.[/url] Any contributions from the dedicated pet community will certainly help!

Current beta testers report that the battle pet limit has not been raised in the WoD beta. We need this limit to go away or up!

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13767
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Re: 1000 battle pets isn't nearly enough! Let's lobby?!

Post by Slugggo » July 5th, 2014, 7:41 pm

I've been wondering about this myself, as I'm currently sitting at 905 pets (with 578 uniques).

I definitely have some duplicates I'd like to hold on to, like three different breeds of Minfernals, but if push came to shove, I suspect I could get rid of about 100 of my doubles, so I'm not too stressed over it. Even if Blizzard were to add -- and I'm making this number out of nowhere -- 100-200 new pets over the course of WoD, they might not need to increase the 1000 pet limit.

Still, this all depends on how many pets they add in WoD. If they plan to add 400 pets over the course of the expansion (?), they'd obviously have to increase the limit. And there's the unknown of the garrison breeding system, which has been pushed back but could still appear in a patch, and who knows how that might affect the size of everyone's collections. It's really a guessing game right now, but definitely worth keeping an eye on.