School of Hard Knocks

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us
School of Hard Knocks

Post by Mykro9 » April 30th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Any one on here good at helping someone get carried through this achievement? If I need to make an alliance toon to do it, I will, but this has been YEARS trying to complete this, and I don't want to be there any more than the PvP'ers do.

Edit: I. DID. IT!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!11111!!!eleven!!!!one!!!111!!
I got it done and it only took a day.
Last edited by Mykro9 on May 3rd, 2014, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mykro9#1585

Malenrhen
Pet Score:7124
Realm:Duskwood-us

Re: School of Hard Knocks

Post by Malenrhen » May 1st, 2014, 8:05 pm

I have pretty much given up on ever getting this one....I still try, but I have been trying for YEARS to get it. It's the only thing standing between me and getting the Long, Strange Trip achieve

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: School of Hard Knocks

Post by Mykro9 » May 3rd, 2014, 12:45 pm

Well, I almost one shot this. Took 2 shots at AV, EotS I think I got lucky but did it in one BG, AB was VERY easy, and WSG took the longest, but I still did it in a single BG.

I did it on a druid, but a rogue would probably work too. The key is to know EXACTLY what you need to do in each. I am no good at PvP, so I chose druid because if all else failed, I could swap specs and go bear to carry a flag in EotS, or heal to be 'useful' in any other BG.

KEY points: If you have them use your friends, I won't be much help, but surely you have 2 friends that are moderately good at PvP. Talk them into helping you capture these objectives. You MUST do all 4 on a single character, so you cannot start on a druid, then switch to a warrior, or you will have to start over and do all 4 on the warrior.Always have your orphan out, ALWAYS. When you die, (and you will) first thing you do is resummon.

To start in AV, I ran past ALL the lower towers (I play horde, so this is our worst BG) and headed straight for the alli base at the top of the map, and ran up to engage a tower there, and was lucky enough to get to the flag first, and spam clicked the flag until I got it to cap, as others were killing the NPC's.

On AB, just go to any base at the start of the match, where others are heading, and plan on clicking the flag, over any other thing. Just keep trying, your main objective is to click on the flag first, and to do this, you need to be the first to it, and you need to be unmolested when you do. If you don't get it on your first try, or there are too many enemies at a given base, move on to another one. Bases are assaulted and defended constantly in AB, so possession changes hands a lot, which lends itself to frequent attempts at capturing a flag.

EotS, this is where druid and rogue would make the most sense, as both have stealth, and can hang out in the middle where the flag is and be ready to capture it. It gets returned often, and carried often, be there to capture it, then know which base your side owns and run there to plant it. Pick a base that your side is in control of but ALSO according to your map, you have teammates at. No use running to a base that no one is defending, only to get ROFLstomped by the enemy, and lose the flag. Here, know that if you stealth you lose the flag, and if you mount, you lose the flag is also important, but sprint on a rogue, or travel form on a druid do not make you drop the flag.

WSG, this took the longest, but the key is to ALWAYS be where the opposing flag carrier is, ALWAYS. After fighting to kill the FC in the middle and return the flag, which requires having your mouse over the flag, the instant he dies, so if the FC is low on health, start spamming right-click over where he is. I got lucky here, and went to our flag room, and a lone FC was against me and another player, and we killed him, and it was just 2 of us competing to capture it, and he seemed not to care, and immediately moved on to the next threat, and I got the capture.

IT CAN BE DONE!! Even by an unskilled PvP'er. Even if I cannot help anyone that much, I could act as a meat shield for you, to possibly help with objectives.

battletag: mykro9#1585
mykro9#1585