Extremely annoying ads

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Extremely annoying ads

Post by FuxieDK » February 12th, 2014, 3:56 am

This ad (Game of War) Image (along with a few other), switch me out of Safari and opens AppStore, when I navigate this site on my iPad..

Please whip the ad-company until they stop this horrible thing....

EDIT: Just to point out, I *do not click* the add. It switch to AppStore when it loads..
Last edited by FuxieDK on February 12th, 2014, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Javdan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3372
BattleTag®:watkin#2972
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Re: Extremely annoying ads

Post by Javdan » February 12th, 2014, 4:07 am

yeah i didn't even click on it and its all over my pc but well the other one , chinawomandating,asia

nice pics :lol:

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 12th, 2014, 3:20 pm

I'm terribly sorry about the number of problematic ads being served up by our site. We've contacted our ad network. If they don't resolve these issues soon, we will begin to hunt down another ad network. You guys shouldn't have to deal with these headaches.

One thing that would help in the interim is to give us the CampiagnID for any troublesome ads. Here's how to do that:

1) Start up an inspector tool
- For chrome this is developer tools. It can be activated by hitting f12, ctrl+shift+i, or clicking the settings menu in the upper right, clicking tools and selecting developer tools.
- For firefox hit f12 or, if you have the firebug addon, click the icon.
- For IE hit f12.

2) While in your inspector tool, hit ctrl+f (in chrome) and type campaignid the search field that pops up.
- In firebug there is a default search field.

3) There will likely be a few results for your campaignid search. For each result, hover your mouse over the line of code until you find one that pops up a icon over the offending creative that reads "0 px x 0 px".

4) Once you've completed step 3 to ensure you're inspecting the correct ad, right click on the highlighted line of code and select "copy as HTML".

5) Paste the copied HTML into a text document or email and send it over to admin{at}warcraftpets.com with the subject line "Bad Ad - CampaignID".

We really appreciate your help in this matter.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 12th, 2014, 11:41 pm

99% of my WCP surfing is done on iPad/Safari..

Any way to do this on iPad?

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » February 13th, 2014, 7:45 am

I contacted or ad group rep and she assured me that the suspect campaigns would be switched off.

Please let us know if you come across any ads that cause any problems.
FuxieDK wrote:Any way to do this on iPad?
Not that I know of, but I will ask.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » March 18th, 2014, 11:44 am

FYI, browsing on my android phone just now, I am being bombarded with popup dialog boxes from one of the ads trying to tell me my phone is infected with viruses and to download their software to fix it (yeaaah, no thanks). Have to click "Cancel" to remove the popup, but then navigating to another page pops another box up if that ad is present.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 18th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Yeah this does still seem to be happening. I occasionally browse on my iPhone and periodically I'll get thrown into the app store for Candy Crush Saga. The ad on the page doesn't seem to actually display anything and I haven't done any digging to try to figure out how to follow your instructions on Safari on iOS so I can't give you a specific campaignid.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » March 19th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Just got it again. Can't view the page source on my phone, but the ad URL was http://nym1.ib.adnxs.com/click?AAAAAAAA ... udid%3D%26

Edit: another
http://lax1.ib.adnxs.com/click?H4XrUbge ... .%26c5%3D7

Don't know if you can actually get anything out of these urls but its all I can grab from my phone :(

Darknyss
Pet Score:1531
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Darknyss » June 5th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Having the same issue here, taken 15 minutes just to get to the forums, pop ups redirecting to the App Store or just opening a blank page and when I press the back button, returns me to the home page instead of the page I was on when the pop up opened, currently impossible to navigate this site on a mobile device...

Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Goldash » June 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm

2nd this post, it's been quite annoying, really don't like sites that do that. With the internet market being as un-loyal as it is if another site were to offer similar pet info people would switch. I quite enjoy warcraft pets, but also used to like thottbot a lot before switching to wowhead. Have to keep up with it or other vendors take over.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » June 23rd, 2014, 9:45 am

I have contacted our ad provider again. I understand your frustration. If anyone is having problems to the point where the site is becoming unusable due to ads, please contact me personally and let me know:

Contact me here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/contact/?re=Site%20administration

Tell me about what sort of ad is causing you problems -- be as specific as possible. And if you can, give us the CampiagnID for any troublesome ads. Here's how to do that:

1) Start up an inspector tool
- For chrome this is developer tools. It can be activated by hitting f12, ctrl+shift+i, or clicking the settings menu in the upper right, clicking tools and selecting developer tools.
- For firefox hit f12 or, if you have the firebug addon, click the icon.
- For IE hit f12.

2) While in your inspector tool, hit ctrl+f (in chrome) and type campaignid the search field that pops up.
- In firebug there is a default search field.

3) There will likely be a few results for your campaignid search. For each result, hover your mouse over the line of code until you find one that pops up a icon over the offending creative that reads "0 px x 0 px".

4) Once you've completed step 3 to ensure you're inspecting the correct ad, right click on the highlighted line of code and select "copy as HTML".

5) Paste the copied HTML into a text document or email and send it over to admin{at}warcraftpets.com with the subject line "Bad Ad - CampaignID".

We will temporarily disable ads for your account if you contact me directly and provide as much information as possible. Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 23rd, 2014, 11:37 am

Breanni,

Following up on my previous comment about iOS. As far as I could find the only way to do what you need on an iOS device is to have your device hooked up to a computer and running in debugging mode. That means it is pretty much impossible for us to provide you the info you need.

I understand the need for ads to provide revenue for the site but there has to be a better option.