ALERT: Unknown Battle. net error

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Kelliedee
Pet Score:2128
BattleTag®:KellieDee#1661
Realm:Baelgun-us
Re: ALERT: Unknown Battle. net error

Post by Kelliedee » December 18th, 2013, 5:58 am

As of today, I was able to re-import my pet collection without making changes to my account.
Perhaps it's fixed for everyone now?

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » December 19th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Can anyone else who was having trouble importing confirm that they can now import properly?

Post by Guest » December 27th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Yes it is working, sorry for the delayed response.

Seanna
Pet Score:7168
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Seanna » January 4th, 2014, 8:57 am

I was having no trouble updating until today. :(

Using my main on Velen.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 5th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Looks like this issue has returned for people on select realms. Let's be patient. Hopefully Blizzard will have a fix in place soon.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » January 14th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Still not working for me, or rather not working again.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but my error said please report it if we get the error so like a good little listener I went to report it and I have to say your error message reporting system blows.

I stopped after the 3rd or 4th try of giving me some sort of annoying error or not liking my number code.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 22nd, 2014, 8:21 am

We implemented another fix for this issue. Is anyone else still having difficulty?

Souldreamer
Pet Score:2205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Souldreamer » February 3rd, 2014, 3:58 pm

I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot, but I have started to have trouble updating my collection. I keep getting an error that says:

ALERT: Your character was not found. Click your character link to check your Armory profile. If it doesn't work, use the "Edit" link to correct your character details. Characters must be level 10+ to import a collection.

In each case, when I go back to the armory, it says my character does not exist. I finally found a character of mine that it will pull up, and warcraft pets was able to update my collection using that character. Due to trial and error, it appears to be just one server that doesn't like me (Khadgar-US).

So, yeah, it's something on Blizzard's end. Just thought I'd post this in case someone else is having the same issue.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » February 10th, 2014, 8:48 am

Breanni wrote:We implemented another fix for this issue. Is anyone else still having difficulty?
I never had trouble until a few weeks ago, but still can not update my character on Shu'halo. I do not wish to switch realms as I am No. 1 on that realm :D .
It says ALERT: Your character was not found. Click your character link to check your Armory profile. If it doesn't work, use the "Edit" link to correct your character details. Characters must be level 10+ to import a collection.
I cannot check Armory at work but did log in and character is still the same as always on that realm.
Wave

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » February 10th, 2014, 10:49 pm

This issue seems to happen after Blizzard merges one realm with another. Afterwards, for some reason some characters aren't showing in the Armory. We fairly certain it's a Blizzard issue, but we're still looking into a solution on our end.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » February 10th, 2014, 10:51 pm

Waveryn wrote:I never had trouble until a few weeks ago, but still can not update my character on Shu'halo. I do not wish to switch realms as I am No. 1 on that realm :D
Go ahead and switch characters just to update your collection. Then switch back. I don't believe our system will force a re-import of your collection upon changing your character.

Aoinoteki
Pet Score:12419
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Aoinoteki » February 19th, 2014, 12:03 am

Hmm I wasn't having problems before, but just as I tried updating right now, I got the error message. I tried again. Same message. And again. And again. :( Anyone else having this problem again?

Drat it, and I had just gotten another Celestial pet...

ETA Hmm my profile on Wowarmory seems to have disappeared. :(

Aoinoteki
Pet Score:12419
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Aoinoteki » February 19th, 2014, 12:17 am

OK. Now I am finding that all my characters on WowArmory are displaying this message. Coincidentally, I also just bought a spectral tiger mount from someone who posted on the US Trading forum just a few hours ago. Do you think my account might have been flagged due to the large amount of gold I paid? And if so, any way to deal with this situation? I've never had this problem before. (But then again I've never bought something that expensive in a non-AH setting.)

On the other hand, after resetting my password, I can still play the game just fine, so... :/

Blackfang7
Top Rater
Pet Score:11570
BattleTag®:Blackfang#1507
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Blackfang7 » February 19th, 2014, 12:36 am

My main realm Korialstrasz just merged with another so i switched to an alt on ysera which worked until recently with this error. I realized im having issues viewing my armory at the moment yet the game works fine except cant summon Cinder Kitten for some reason, not sure if that issue is related to the rest.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 19th, 2014, 12:49 am

[profile]Aoinoteki[/profile] and [profile]Blackfang7[/profile]: It appears that armory profiles are not loading for some players, regardless of their in-game status or activity. This could be because of the recent game patch or something else entirely. Try re-importing your collection once you're able to view your armory again.

[profile]Blackfang7[/profile]: As of Patch 5.4.7, some pets (specifically from RAF and Blizzard Pet Store) may not show up properly for players in the Pet Journal. Hopefully this will be resolved once the realms undergo a restart.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 19th, 2014, 12:56 am

I have tried nearly two dozen characters, mixed factions, dozens of servers, various levels - and get this same error no matter what across the board.
@TamerWakamaru

Ocelot2000
MVP
Pet Score:13195
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Ocelot2000 » February 19th, 2014, 2:25 am

This started with me today. I guess after the patch came in. I can't update my pets and my characters are not showing up on the armory. same error.... I'm assuming it is something they will fix in the next day or so.

Blackfang7
Top Rater
Pet Score:11570
BattleTag®:Blackfang#1507
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Blackfang7 » February 19th, 2014, 10:51 am

Thanks Quintessence, I figured it was some small issue. I hope everything gets sorted out/fixed soon.