RARITY OF NON-COMBAT PETS AS LISTED ON THIS SITE

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Skarpethinn
MVP
Pet Score:10887
Realm:Proudmoore-us
RARITY OF NON-COMBAT PETS AS LISTED ON THIS SITE

Post by Skarpethinn » October 22nd, 2013, 1:58 am

I have just noticed that rarity of the non-combat pets (like the guild page/herald and the player-made kites) as indicated by the border colour on the "My Collection" page doesn't update when the rarity of the pet changes in-game.

To clarify: i have upgraded ALL of my Humanoid pets (which, in the pet journal in-game, also includes the aforementioned guild page and the Argent Gruntling) as well as both the Chi-Ji & Yulon kites to Blue quality using stones; however, on this site, those pets are still showing as Green.

It may seem like a small issue but for that little entry in the statistics window that shows how many of your pets are still Green/Uncommon; according to that, you would never be able to obtain a 100% Blue quality pet list, and this is not a reflection of what can be achieved in the game itself - as i said, i in fact have 5 more blue pets than WarcraftPets shows.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Re: RARITY OF NON-COMBAT PETS AS LISTED ON THIS SITE

Post by Quintessence » October 22nd, 2013, 4:12 am

We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but this is a known issue and it's something Blizzard must fix on their end.

Pets that do not battle (kites and the Page/Herald) aren't properly updated on the Blizzard Armory. They might be listed as rare quality, but it's showing the item that teaches the pet, not the pet's quality itself.

Example: Take the kites. Both the Dragon Kite and Tuskarr Kite can battle, so their battle qualities (rare - blue) are shown on the armory. When you hover over them, the item quality appears in the name (epic - purple). On the other hand, the Chi-Ji Kite and Yu'lon Kite cannot battle, so their battle qualities aren't even listed. Instead, the armory only shows the item quality (common - white).

Since collections are imported from the Blizzard API, Blizzard must first resolve this issue before the information changes here on WarcraftPets. Hopefully they will sort something out in the near future.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Skarpethinn
MVP
Pet Score:10887

Post by Skarpethinn » October 29th, 2013, 12:15 am

I figured it might be more of a Blizzard thing than a WarcraftPets one, due to the info here coming from Armoury. Oh well.

Thanks for the reply!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 29th, 2013, 1:25 am

Since this cannot be fixed on your end, I, personally, would prefer that those pets not have their rarity counted towards the pet score. At least that way, those of us who have upgraded our non-battle pets would not be bothered by the discrepancy.

I don't know why Blizzard even gives those pets a rarity in the first place... and since the rarity of those pets does not really matter (except to those of us who like to see all blue pets :P), I doubt that they will ever bother fixing it.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 5th, 2013, 2:50 pm

I would like it if rarity wasn't "tracked" either since it doesn't work and I want my collection to say 100% rare :)