[Suggestion] 'Vouch' Thread on the Pet Trading Forums

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Astratia
Top Rater
Pet Score:3118
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us
[Suggestion] 'Vouch' Thread on the Pet Trading Forums

Post by Astratia » September 4th, 2013, 8:19 pm

I've seen many people over the Trading threads vouch for one another after good trades. Though it's a little hard to find them all when your looking for confirmation. Would it be a good idea to have one main thread for all the vouches for traders?

Example

Astratia's Vouches
- Jim Bob: Traded Crawling Claw for Store pet - went first - good trade
- Marry Joe: Traded Green Carp for Blue Carp - fast trade

People would vouch on the thread and an admin or person willing would update the members.

Yes? No? Maybe so?

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: [Suggestion] 'Vouch' Thread on the Pet Trading Forums

Post by Breanni » September 5th, 2013, 6:16 am

Not a bad idea, but it could pose problems. It will definitely be more for us to police as far as disputes go. So that would be my main concern.

Briannafae
Top Rater
Pet Score:4436
BattleTag®:Briannafae#1899
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Briannafae » September 6th, 2013, 2:26 pm

This sounds like a wonderful idea, but could it be made more into something like what other selling websites have where its a star system. If people do a trade they can look each other up under the profiles or on the side of the their post and click to fill out stars according to how well the trade went. And the average stars are listed on profiles and under names in posts. Even with this there can be issues and people can just create a new profile but the really good traders can have a way of it showing they have 3.5 stars (100 transactions). This way we know someone has a history of trading and a pretty good history so we are probably safe with doing a trade.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 6th, 2013, 6:53 pm

The one problem with a starring system is that unless there are strict guidelines in place, it can easily be abused. What's to stop someone from downrating unnecessarily?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Briannafae
Top Rater
Pet Score:4436
BattleTag®:Briannafae#1899
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Briannafae » September 7th, 2013, 12:39 am

Quintessence wrote:The one problem with a starring system is that unless there are strict guidelines in place, it can easily be abused. What's to stop someone from downrating unnecessarily?
That's why I said even with the star system there can be issues, sadly there will always be some people that ruin things for everyone else.

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » September 10th, 2013, 3:17 am

Quintessence wrote:The one problem with a starring system is that unless there are strict guidelines in place, it can easily be abused. What's to stop someone from downrating unnecessarily?
Maybe something like how care.com or angies list works? It has a base scoring system that can be used at a glance but also a comments section that each persons individual score is shown. Something like:

Quintessence

overall score: 4/5

Briannafae wrote: Traded Green Carp for Blue Carp - fast trade

Score: 4/5
TippyKitt wrote: Totally ripped me off!

Score: 1/5
ect ect

If the comments are generally like the former then a person can feel safe trading since the latter is obviously a troll.

I do realize that would be a pretty big undertaking, though.