Rarity suggestion

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Ryshat
MVP
Pet Score:1960
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Rarity suggestion

Post by Ryshat » October 7th, 2012, 6:01 pm

I don't know if this data is available though the aRmory API, but can we also track what rarity of our battle pets are? Perhaps on our listing a blue, green, white or grey (and dare I say, someday ... purple!) portrait borders on the collection page. As far as my HTML knowledge goes, this might be a straight forward CSS tag for the border. I've linked an example of the proposed display below:

Blisskey
Pet Score:3456
Realm:Garona-us

Re: Rarity suggestion

Post by Blisskey » October 10th, 2012, 2:08 pm

I was just going to suggest something along these lines. I know that the armory provides the information but Warcraft Pets is my (and many other's) source for in game pet info.

Thank you for all of you hard work.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 10th, 2012, 6:44 pm

I think displaying quality of pets would depend heavily on how the armory shows this information. From what I've seen, the armory shows both wild pet quality as well as pet item quality. Example: Darkmoon Rabbit is shown as epic on the armory (even though it shows up as rare in the Pet Journal). On the other hand a captured rare wild cat will show up as rare.

Since WcP would need to rely on the armory to keep collection qualities accurate, this mixed information makes it somewhat troublesome. If quality designation were left entirely up to users, who's to say if someone actually has a rare X, Y, Z pet? I know this might not be a concern or apply to everyone, but the more we can do to cut down on false collections, the better it is for the community as a whole imo. :)

But that's just my two cents. Breanni and Weena will ultimately decide if a quality feature is possible for a future update. ^_^
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 11th, 2012, 7:58 am

You read my mind, Ryshat. Your mock display is very similar to what I was thinking as well. But as Quint pointed out, there are some things we need to consider. Additionally, we have a laundry list of small projects we've been working on (such as the Stats per Level for every pet, which just went live yesterday). So there is a lot we're currently working on behind the scenes.

Bottom line: I think we'll get there and I it will probably be very similar to what you've posted. But it may take another month or so before it goes live.

Jibrille
Pet Score:10365
BattleTag®:Jibrille#1704
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Jibrille » October 12th, 2012, 11:10 am

I'd love to see this too -- I was just logging in to post this exact suggestion :)

Saintgabrial
Top Rater
Pet Score:6795
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Saintgabrial » October 13th, 2012, 11:30 am

Yes I was just going to post something along these lines. I'm 4th on my server on the amount of pets and was looking at the top 10 on my server and noticed that if the list was by rarity I would be #1. lol Is there a way to make another list showing who has the most by rarity. When I collect a wild pet I go only for the rare and would love to show that off but as it is now you can't. it would be nice though.

Ryuzoku
Pet Score:3564
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Ryuzoku » October 15th, 2012, 10:06 am

Adding a Ditto to this suggestion. :)

I've used this site for a while to find my wonderful critters before battle pets was talked about, but now that it's here, there's so much more this site offers. It's great! I'd love to see the rarity displayed.

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » October 19th, 2012, 6:29 am

+1 here too.

I set up my account and I'm second on the server, but when I have a look at rares I have twice as many as the number 1.

:)

Nice job on the site btw. Perfect for a pet nut like me.

Arve,
pet alt.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 19th, 2012, 9:55 am

We're currently at work on this. Should be live within another week or so.

Ryshat
MVP
Pet Score:1960
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ryshat » May 6th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Ok, a bit of a necro thread but I was looking over my old posts. I remember seeing this functionality go live and I was like "YAY!"

Glad to see I could help. Or a least validate the thinking of the time. :)

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » May 7th, 2014, 1:09 pm

You bet. It was one of our most acclaimed updates, too!

Speaking of updates, got some in the works that are nearing completion. Should be live soon... a couple weeks if all goes according to plan.