Updater not working?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Bonesai
Pet Score:8736
Realm:Arathor-eu
Updater not working?

Post by Bonesai » July 26th, 2013, 12:23 am

Hi

I've bought the Cenarion Hatchling from the Bliz store and Landro's Lil Xt from the AH a few days ago, and no amount of logging in & out and clicking update here will get them added to my list - yet I can see them in game.

Is there anything wrong with the updater at the moment?

Thanks

Kevin

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Updater not working?

Post by Breanni » July 27th, 2013, 9:11 am

Check to see whether these pets are appearing in your WoW Armory profile. If they show there but not here, then there's a problem on our end. Otherwise, the problem is on Blizzard's end and there's (unfortunately) nothing we can do to assist you.

Bonesai
Pet Score:8736
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Bonesai » July 28th, 2013, 12:48 am

Ahh thanks Breanni. So it looks like a Bliz problem - despite buying one of the pets directly from their store!

Has anyone had this problem before AND managed to get Blizz to fix it? Is a ticket the only thing to do?

Thanks

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 31st, 2013, 8:08 am

Hi Jennifer,

I just reviewed your armory and compared it to your WarcraftPets collection. Your armory is listing 2 Guild Pages and 3 Guild Heralds, however these two pets seem to only be included once each on WarcraftPets. This would explain the 3 extra listed on your armory but not on here.

The Guild Page and Guild Herald are notorious for causing trouble in collection tracking, and I think much of it stems from the fact that each one is character specific (despite collections being account-wide now). So although you've collected multiples of each, when WarcraftPets pulls the data from your armory, it might only be recognizing the pets that are specific to that character (1 Guild Page and 1 Guild Herald).

This is just my best guess at what the problem is. Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you in the near future!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com