Battle tags

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Battle tags

Post by Aerozia » June 21st, 2013, 10:32 pm

it would be WONDERFUL, if only members with uploaded pets could see our btags, im now getting real id invites from goldsellers and other spammers, and with the ability to crash your wow via realid, this concerns me. it would be great if you guys could do something to hide btags from casuals web surfers, or fresh accounts.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Battle tags

Post by Tahsfenz » June 22nd, 2013, 6:22 am

I'm not sure if this is necessarily from here. I've heard a few other people complain about this, but I've not had a single fishy BT add and I've done quite a bit of trading. Another option is to give your BT out when needed for whatever reason and take it off the side. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 23rd, 2013, 2:03 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:Another option is to give your BT out when needed for whatever reason and take it off the side. Maybe I've just been lucky.
That's what I've been doing and I haven't had any unwanted battletag invites. I see no reason to keep my BT listed and when I do do trades, once the trade is finished I go back and edit out my BT. It's a minor thing but if it keeps even one gold spammer away then it's worth it.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » June 24th, 2013, 2:47 pm

I'd like to hear from others in the community before we act on this. So please add your experience to the thread.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 24th, 2013, 4:51 pm

I haven't had any problems with my battle tag. That said, I am not opposed to the BT on the side being removed.

Edit, it should be noted we are not forced to post our battle tag information at all. Maybe add a warning before enabling it or giving people the option to hide it on various levels? (friends, ect)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 25th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Ive heard bad comments from friends getting slammed by goldsellers through battletag. Going to remove the display of my own and only list it when needed, such as trade threads.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » June 26th, 2013, 11:05 pm

i only display my btag on this site, not on the offical forums or anything, :-/ i get them at least twice a week, i have a feeling this may be a growing thing...

The_guy
Pet Score:4714
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by The_guy » June 26th, 2013, 11:49 pm

I've only had my Btag on here for a couple of days and since the first day i put mine up, i get a new gold spammer. Took my btag down since its not worth having it up anymore.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » June 27th, 2013, 5:37 am

I've had my B-Tag on here since the first day they had it avalible as an option to do so and I have not had a single gold spammer.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » June 27th, 2013, 8:08 am

The only btag spammers I've encountered were from long before wcp started having the option to show your btag. I just reported the offender and moved on. :s
Image Image