Quality non-battle pets

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Quality non-battle pets

Post by Elmarc » June 11th, 2013, 8:22 am

Is there a possibility to manually upgrade pets to rare quality? I haven't been able to find one and since the latest patch the non battle pets are all considered as uncommon on this site. Maybe implement this, if possible :-) I have only 2 non-battle pets left to upgrade out of the 10-ish. But they are all showing as uncommon here. If there is a way to get it right, please let me know :D Thanks for the awesome site!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Quality non-battle pets

Post by Maizing » June 11th, 2013, 9:48 am

I don't think so. This site pulls the pet rarity from the armory... which does not show the quality of non-battle pets.

...and, thinking about it, if it were possible to manually input the quality of those pets, that could lead to potential cheating as there would be no way to verify that the pets in question had actually been upgraded.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 11th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Maizing wrote:I don't think so. This site pulls the pet rarity from the armory... which does not show the quality of non-battle pets.

...and, thinking about it, if it were possible to manually input the quality of those pets, that could lead to potential cheating as there would be no way to verify that the pets in question had actually been upgraded.
Unless those were removed from the scoring consideration or have their weights equalized somewhere so that abuse can not happen.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 11th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:
Maizing wrote:I don't think so. This site pulls the pet rarity from the armory... which does not show the quality of non-battle pets.

Unless those were removed from the scoring consideration or have their weights equalized somewhere so that abuse can not happen.
Yeah. Personally, I wish that all non-battle pets were made rares by Blizzard in the first place... the way the Darkmoon Balloon is. What, after all, is the point to having a rarity value on pets whose rarity does not really make any difference?

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » June 12th, 2013, 7:47 am

This ^ ;-)

We used to allow manual collection tracking and we dealt with a constant barrage of "false collection" reports. We have no intention to go back to that. So let's all push for Blizzard to correct this on their end.

Carole
Pet Score:4180
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Carole » July 4th, 2013, 7:07 pm

I wish I knew this before I wasted a humanoid battle stone on my argent squire

Breanni wrote:

This ^ ;-)

We used to allow manual collection tracking and we dealt with a constant barrage of "false collection" reports. We have no intention to go back to that. So let's all push for Blizzard to correct this on their end.