Why is My Collection not Phenomenal?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Why is My Collection not Phenomenal?

Post by Yalina » February 27th, 2013, 6:49 pm

This isn't a bug, but a question. It's also very petty, and I freely admit it. But I'm curious.

After some dedicated effort on my part this past month, I've climbed my way to #4 on my realm for total pets collected. The top spot is within reach, and I have a plan to achieve it. Once you move to PetScore, I'm sure I'll drop a bit, but for now I'm enjoying it.

I've been comparing my collection against a guildie, Maizing, as I rose through the ranks. When I look at her collection, it says "486 of 509 unique pets — A PHENOMENAL collection!" Yet when I go to my own collection, I get "495 of 523 unique pets — An AMAZING collection!"

I have more than her. Why is my collection only amazing and not phenomenal? :)

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Why is My Collection not Phenomenal?

Post by Syrrie » February 27th, 2013, 7:35 pm

The cutoff seems to be based on how many pets you have left to collect. She's at 23 left and you're at 28 left so maybe the cutoff is 25? (Speculating here, not entirely sure)
Image Image

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 28th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Syrrie wrote:The cutoff seems to be based on how many pets you have left to collect. She's at 23 left and you're at 28 left so maybe the cutoff is 25? (Speculating here, not entirely sure)
Bingo.

This is just an arbitrary commentary that was put into the code (by me) way back in the day. But perhaps we need to rethink it and bind it to pet score...

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456

Post by Maizing » February 28th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Personally, I liked having my collection be an "amazing" one... but I suppose that may just be me.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448

Post by Yalina » February 28th, 2013, 4:37 pm

So the fact that I still harbor the delusions of getting my hands on a Vanilla Collector's Edition and a Mini Tyrael is the reason I'm still at amazing, while those that have accepted their inability to acquire specific pets are phenomenal? As they're probably at the healthier mental state, that makes sense. :)

Thanks for the clarification!

And Maizing, you can be amazing again. Pretend you're going to someday get all those Korea only pets. :)