Info needed on "Upgrading your Battle Pets" - Stones

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Oldguy
Pet Score:2077
Realm:Malfurion-us
Info needed on "Upgrading your Battle Pets" - Stones

Post by Oldguy » February 7th, 2013, 10:04 pm

On this website's page:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/#quality

... under the heading of "Upgrading your Battle Pets"...

There is no mention as to whether or not an acquired "Stone" is an account-wide item or an item specific to whichever char obtained it (Soulbound). I spent the last few hours trying to locate a (Flawless "Family-related') stone which I received via one of my (too many!) char's, and cannot find it. I still haven't gone through all of my char's, but I felt the need to look on this website first. No related search info on on your website via the keyword: "stone" or "stones."

I use the Carbonite addon and its "Warehouse" feature lists everything that my char's have, including what they have in their banks. But, for some reason, I can't find the stone I aquired. I don't remember the exact name of that stone, which makes things even more difficult. I do remember that it can update a Battle-pet to Rare, as long as its in the "Beast" family.

Is it an account-wide item (once received)? :?:
I think a note on your website page about that would be helpful.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Info needed on "Upgrading your Battle Pets" - Stones

Post by Dragonwizard » February 10th, 2013, 9:19 am

There are two types of stones. One is a BoP family specific stone (beast, critter, undead, etc, etc) and those are character specific. The other type is a BoE generic stone that can be used on any type of pet, or you can mail it, trade it or sell it on the AH.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Oldguy
Pet Score:2077
Realm:Malfurion-us

Re: Info needed on "Upgrading your Battle Pets" - Stones

Post by Oldguy » February 10th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Thanks, Dragonwizard. I rambled on so much in my original post, I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

The info you provided is exactly the kind of info that IS NOT on the web page section I referred to. That's why I was suggesting it. Maybe most people know that info already, but there might be others like me, who didn't know that neither of the two types of Stones are "account wide" (even though the Battle-pets themselves are).