The Poor Darkmoon Balloon

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
The Poor Darkmoon Balloon

Post by NathKnave » January 21st, 2013, 1:05 am

Is there any reason that all the non-battle pets have a Common quality while the Darkmoon Balloon is Poor? I really feel sorry for the little guy. (It's not at all that I would have one more point in my Pet Score if it were Common.)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: The Poor Darkmoon Balloon

Post by Maizing » January 21st, 2013, 2:14 am

What is really weird is that, if you look at the pets in game in your pet journal, the Darkmoon Balloon is rare, and all the other non-combat pets are uncommon.

I can't help but think that something is screwy here.

Feliciamarie
Top Rater

Post by Feliciamarie » January 21st, 2013, 3:10 am

Omg thank you! I have been searching my list up and down for the "poor" pet in my list.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 21st, 2013, 4:24 am

Feliciamarie wrote:Omg thank you! I have been searching my list up and down for the "poor" pet in my list.
This is what tipped me off as well. I was positive that I had upgraded or replaced all my poor pets, yet there was one showing in my collection here. I followed the "Filter Collected" link at the top of my collection and set the filter to "Collected (Poor)" and there was my sad Darkmoon Balloon.

I've only checked a few other collections, but it seems that everyone's balloon is poor. I'm not sure if it's the Armory or this site that sets the rarity for the non-battle pets, but if it's the Armory I'm not sure anything can be done.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » January 21st, 2013, 7:35 am

The Darkmoon Balloon is a bit of an oddball in that it has been bugged on Blizzard's end in the Armory since it was released more than a year ago. Our new system allows people to add any pet that is bugged, but it's done with "base stats". In this case, that means the Darkmoon Balloon is showing up as a poor quality pet.

What I'd like to do is have any of these pets show up as "common" at the minimum, rather than "poor". I've asked our Lead Developer if he could implement this fix (and he can), but it may be several days. We've got some other bugs to address that are higher priority.

Draconigena
Top Rater
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Draconigena » January 22nd, 2013, 10:40 am

For some reason the azure whelpling is shown as common quality on the armory, but it is rare in game, and also rare here on the website.
Not directly related to the balloon, but it is also an error on the armory.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 22nd, 2013, 11:55 am

Draconigena wrote:For some reason the azure whelpling is shown as common quality on the armory, but it is rare in game, and also rare here on the website.
As long as it's importing properly, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like a styling bug on their site.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » January 22nd, 2013, 2:13 pm

Most of the non-combat pets can be upgraded to Rare with battle-stones. You still can't fight with them, of course, but their names are blue when you summon them. So far I've upgraded my squire and eventually I'll do the same with my balloons and kites. Would this be reflected in Collections at some point?

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 22nd, 2013, 2:55 pm

Draconigena wrote:For some reason the azure whelpling is shown as common quality on the armory, but it is rare in game, and also rare here on the website.
Not directly related to the balloon, but it is also an error on the armory.
It seems that in the armory most pets learned from items are given the quality of the item they are learned from. For example Hyacinth Macaw is shown a epic though it has a rare battle quality. The Red cricket though shows as common even though the item is rare.
Adashiel wrote:Most of the non-combat pets can be upgraded to Rare with battle-stones. You still can't fight with them, of course, but their names are blue when you summon them. So far I've upgraded my squire and eventually I'll do the same with my balloons and kites. Would this be reflected in Collections at some point?
I wondered about that but didn't have the spare stones to try it.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 22nd, 2013, 5:02 pm

Any pet can be upgraded. Once it has been upgraded, it will be shown as such on the Armory (display bugs aside). Then it will be upgraded here as well following an import.

Vode
Pet Score:4658
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Vode » January 22nd, 2013, 5:30 pm

My Dragon Kite shows as common on warcraftpets, but it is rare. (I believe they all are, I don´t remember using a stone on it)
It´s also lvl 25.

On armory, it´s purple, same as the macaw, as commented above.
Seems the lvl is not registered on armory.

Kazia
Top Rater
Pet Score:10256
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Kazia » January 22nd, 2013, 6:00 pm

A few weeks ago I upgraded my Argent Gruntling to Rare with a spare humanoid stone I had, but on this site he's showing as Common.

Is this a bug?

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 22nd, 2013, 9:21 pm

Well, it does sound like a bug -- but it's got to be an Armory bug. Our site mirrors whatever is shown on the Armory (which should match your in-game pets). Try contacting Blizzard tech support for assistance.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » January 23rd, 2013, 2:20 pm

Vode wrote:My Dragon Kite shows as common on warcraftpets, but it is rare. (I believe they all are, I don´t remember using a stone on it)
It´s also lvl 25.

On armory, it´s purple, same as the macaw, as commented above.
Seems the lvl is not registered on armory.
Seconding this. Dragon Kite hasn't shown up properly on the Armory since it was made a battle pet in 5.1.
Image Image

Vegi
Top Rater
Pet Score:4867
BattleTag®:Vegi#2131
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Vegi » January 26th, 2013, 5:47 am

Well, there is a problem with non battle pets - kites, baloons, guild heralds and ex non battle pet - Dragon Kite. On armory theyre all atleast uncommon, but on warcraftpets- common. Any ETA on fix? It feels awful when you finally caught all rares, worst pets are uncommon, and bam - so many commons here on the profile :(

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 26th, 2013, 6:56 am

This is because all those non-battle pets you see on the Armory aren't actually showing their pet quality. They're showing their ITEM quality. Regular battle pets show their pet quality.

Our pet score is based on pet quality, not item quality. So regardless of how these pets appear to you on the Armory, they are all considered "common" quality according to the numbers. You can even say that our site is more accurate than the Armory in this case.

Here's a question: Can any of these non-battle pets be upgraded via battle stone?

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » January 26th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Most of the non-battle pets can be upgraded. I think the only exceptions are the guild pages and heralds. When you upgrade a non-battle pet nothing changes, really, since they still can't battle, but they show up as Rare in your pet journal and their names are blue when you summon them.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 26th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Ok -- we'll see if there's any way to pull the correct rarity on these pets from the Armory. It might already be pulling them. If anyone has upgraded one of these pets, please confirm whether our site matches your Armory for the upgraded non-battle pet. Thanks!

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » January 28th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Breanni wrote:Ok -- we'll see if there's any way to pull the correct rarity on these pets from the Armory. It might already be pulling them. If anyone has upgraded one of these pets, please confirm whether our site matches your Armory for the upgraded non-battle pet. Thanks!
I've upgraded my Alliance Balloon to Rare in game, but the armory and the site both show it as Common.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » January 29th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Nomadking wrote:I've upgraded my Alliance Balloon to Rare in game, but the armory and the site both show it as Common.
Can anyone else confirm this for any of the non-battle pets aside from the Darkmoon Balloon?