The Poor Darkmoon Balloon

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Krool
Top Rater
Pet Score:10363
BattleTag®:Krool#1722
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: The Poor Darkmoon Balloon

Post by Krool » February 1st, 2013, 9:50 pm

I'll pick up a stone and upgrade a non-battle pet other than the Darkmoon Balloon.

I also am seeing a problem with the Dragon Kite though. The Armory lists it as Epic and my pet journal has it as rare, however Warcraftpets.com shows the Dragon Kite as Common.

(Others have mentioned this already, but wanted to confirm that I'm also seeing that.)

I'll update tonight after I test a battle-stone on a non-battle pet.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 1st, 2013, 11:06 pm

It still bothers me that, IN GAME (in my pet journal), the darkmoon balloon is shown as rare (name in blue) and all the other non-battle companion pets are shown as uncommon (names in green)... yet here, they are all shown as common now. I have upgraded my argent squire to rare now too (the guild page and herald cannot be upgraded and I don't have a hordie that has a stone to upgrade the argent gruntling yet).

Krool
Top Rater
Pet Score:10363
BattleTag®:Krool#1722
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Krool » February 2nd, 2013, 8:24 am

I used a Flawless Battle-Stone on the Chi-Ji Kite. Armory and Warcratpets.com both show the pet as common, my pet journal shows it as rare.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 3rd, 2013, 3:37 pm

The issue is basically that our site picks up whatever qualities are shown on the Armory. So if they're wrong there, they'll be wrong here. It gets further complicated by the fact that non-battle pets on the Armory show their ITEM quality, not their pet quality. So that makes it even more confusing.

Rest assured, even if what we have showing here for non-battle pets is "wrong", it is wrong for everyone. So everyone is still on equal footing as far as pet score goes.

Gwez
Pet Score:13529
Realm:Tyrande-eu

Post by Gwez » June 4th, 2013, 2:49 pm

I was wondering if we could have a manual check for selecting that you have upgraded theses "pacific" battle pets with a battle stone.
The same way we're able to select if we have a pet which is not already listed in the armory (like is happening nowadays with new Blossoming Ancient), it would be nice to have something similar for the rarity of these pets.

According to user adashiel in Wowhead Alliance Ballon, Horde Ballon, Darkmoon Ballon, Chi-Ji Kite, [pet]Yu'lon Kite[/pet], Argent Gruntling, Argent Squire, Guild Herald Alliance, Guild Herald Horde, Guild Page Alliance, and Guild Page Horde are, all of them, upgradable via Battle Stones. I've checked myself Argent Squire and Guild Herald and can confirm those.

PS: Can't link external links at the moment either I'd add some links ^^

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » June 4th, 2013, 3:11 pm

I upgraded my argent gruntling (sic?). Its now rare on my pet´s tab. After I upgraded I got another one on another toon and its uncommon.