Phone App

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Dasauls
Top Rater
Pet Score:3939
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Phone App

Post by Dasauls » December 21st, 2012, 8:08 am

I'm not sure if anyone has asked for or talked about this but have you thought of making a phone app for the site? I know it sounds like a lot, but if you made one with just the pet bio pages and search functions that would be something nice to be able to help people look at while at work to waste time or pre-plan what they could be looking for. I know it would take a lot of work to do, but it's something I can't find out there at the moment and I'm sure people would use if it was there.

Tanzia
Pet Score:2144
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Re: Phone App

Post by Tanzia » February 12th, 2013, 6:24 am

I actually came on here looking to suggest the same thing :)
There are a few pet-aps out there, but still not the real deal.
I agree that an app isnt something you toss together just like that, and its a financial question aswell.
However, should it come to it, I wouldnt mind paying for an official warcraftpets-app, and Im sure Im not alone in this!

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 12th, 2013, 9:06 am

Yes! We would love to create an app for both iPhone and Droid. What's more, we'd really like to make it free.

In the months ahead, we'll begin calling on app developers within our community who would be willing to volunteer their time to work with us on creating an official app for both major platforms that's worthy of the WarcraftPets name.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 26th, 2013, 1:54 pm

I know this is old new but is there any status on this ?
or i miss the realease of the apps ?

Shoot
Pet Score:240
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Shoot » December 27th, 2013, 11:59 am

I can do this app myself or you can check out freelancer.com and contract someone to do the app for you.

If I do it, my price will be roughly 500k on Tichondrius Horde or the equivalent in tradeable items. Keep in mind, this is lifetime updates and full access to the source code for the owner/admin(s) of warcraft pets.

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » December 28th, 2013, 1:03 am

I would love to see a pet battle app that actually allowed you to pet battle from your phone accessing only that part of wow

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » December 28th, 2013, 10:21 am

GrosBonda wrote:I know this is old new but is there any status on this ?
or i miss the realease of the apps ?
This comic pretty much sums up the problem with creating an app for WarcraftPets:

http://xkcd.com/1174/

So we did some more thinking on this and a better solution is to rework our site's design so it is more responsive for phones and other portable devices. That's on our future agenda.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 13th, 2014, 2:10 am

Sorry for the necro, but this thread seems to be best suited for my question..

How much of this 'reworking of the site' have been done?
The last 2-3 months, WCP (whole site) have become less responsive, when I use my iPad (which I do 99% of the time)..

I have to click minimum 2 times, sometimes 3 and in rare cases 4 times, for the click to be accepted.
This is both reading/posting on forum but also when I update my collection, view pets etc..

WCP is the only site, where this happens to me..

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » February 13th, 2014, 7:40 am

FuxieDK wrote:Sorry for the necro, but this thread seems to be best suited for my question..

How much of this 'reworking of the site' have been done?
The last 2-3 months, WCP (whole site) have become less responsive, when I use my iPad (which I do 99% of the time)..

I have to click minimum 2 times, sometimes 3 and in rare cases 4 times, for the click to be accepted.
This is both reading/posting on forum but also when I update my collection, view pets etc..

WCP is the only site, where this happens to me..
To do this properly, we'll need roll out a whole new responsive framework. So it won't be done piecemeal.

I'm not sure why the site seems less responsive. When I use it on my iPad, it seems to work fine. But we'll look into it.