Collection Totals not Matching Armoury

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Jamesstamford
Pet Score:3091
Realm:Dragonblight-eu
Collection Totals not Matching Armoury

Post by Jamesstamford » June 30th, 2016, 6:25 am

I have noticed that for some reason my pet collection is consistently showing one more pet than the game and the armoury. For example in game and in the armoury I am showing as having 573 unique pets, but on this site I am showing 574. Now I don't mind having a free extra pet, but if it doesn't show up in game then it's not much good.

BTW love the site, it has been a great help. :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Collection Totals not Matching Armoury

Post by Quintessence » June 30th, 2016, 11:24 am

The culprit pet here is [pet]Sky Lantern[/pet]. For some reason the Blizzard armory doesn't count this battle pet; it's not listed in either 'collected' or 'not collected'.

As for the pet count discrepancy in-game, the only thing I can think of at the moment is the [pet]Guild Herald[/pet] or [pet]Guild Page[/pet]. Is the character you're checking the one that purchased the herald/page? These two pets are character-specific, and will only count towards the toon that actually purchased them.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jamesstamford

Post by Jamesstamford » July 1st, 2016, 5:35 am

Thanks for your response.

Didn't have the Sky Lantern, so ran off and got that :D . Then went and made sure I had purchased the Guild Page and Herald on this character but repurchasing them on this one.

Now I am showing 575 in game and 577 on the site!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 1st, 2016, 3:02 pm

Just checked your collection stats:

WarcraftPets unique pets = 580
Blizzard armory unique pets = 579

So taking into account the Sky Lantern isn't listed on the armory, I think it's about right now! ;)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jamesstamford

Post by Jamesstamford » July 2nd, 2016, 6:12 am

Makes perfect sense, expect that in-game my character is only showing 578, so that doesn't even match the armoury which is weird.

Any ideas? Obviously nothing that you can do about it, just wondering if you had come across this before?

EDIT: Just had a look through all my characters and the 'normal' total is 576, which would explain the 578 on my main as being the 2 guild pets that show up on the character they were purchased on. The only anomaly is that one character is showing 577, so maybe there is a pet that I got on that character that is not showing up on my main and would then account for the armoury showing 579. Can you think of any way to find out what this pet would be?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 2nd, 2016, 7:56 am

Jamesstamford wrote:Makes perfect sense, expect that in-game my character is only showing 578, so that doesn't even match the armoury which is weird.

Any ideas? Obviously nothing that you can do about it, just wondering if you had come across this before?

EDIT: Just had a look through all my characters and the 'normal' total is 576, which would explain the 578 on my main as being the 2 guild pets that show up on the character they were purchased on. The only anomaly is that one character is showing 577, so maybe there is a pet that I got on that character that is not showing up on my main and would then account for the armoury showing 579. Can you think of any way to find out what this pet would be?
As Quintessence said, the 579 on the armory is because blizzard doesn't count the sky lantern.
578 on one toon: you have the guild page and herald for your faction on that toon
577 on one toon; you only have the guild page (and not the herald) for your faction on that too

Remember in game, it will never count the guild page or herald for the opposite faction, so in game you will only ever see 578 on any toon you have at the most (unless you just get more pets)

Your current total is correct on WCP. The armory is always going to be 1 less (unless blizz fixes it), and your in game toons will show at most 2 less than the WCP total (could be even less on toons without the page and/or herald).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829