Possible bug with stats of pets

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Dargol
Realm:Al'Akir-eu
Possible bug with stats of pets

Post by Dargol » April 26th, 2015, 4:21 pm

I was trying to look up what breed a pet might be, so I made a note of the stats of the pet which were as
imgur fQ8CPDQ.jpg

Then I looked those stats up on your website which got me to

But on that page, if you select "Quality Common", Level 24, no matter what breed you choose, you never get the correct stats of the pet.

I think your formula displays 20% too much HP and 50 too much speed for all breeds, which Blizzard probably changed in a recent patch.

Dargol
Realm:Al'Akir-eu

Re: Possible bug with stats of pets

Post by Dargol » April 26th, 2015, 4:22 pm

To find the image go to the website listed in the first post, click on a random image, then copy & paste the image ID after the URL.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Possible bug with stats of pets

Post by Quintessence » April 26th, 2015, 4:56 pm

I believe Blizzard changed the way wild pet breeds work - their stats are lower pre-capture (I think it's something like 25% lower), but they become the "correct" breed after you've added them to your Pet Journal.

WarcraftPets shows pet breeds based on the Pet Journal, not as they exist in the wild.

To help determine what breed a wild pet is, I recommend using the addon [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid]Battle Pet BreedID[/url]. It shows you the breed in-game so you don't have to take note of it and tab out of WoW to check elsewhere. IIRC it's also been updated to take into account the change to wild pet stats, and will show the correct breed (as it will appear in your Pet Journal once captured).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com