Super Slow Loading

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Super Slow Loading

Post by Jerebear » February 18th, 2015, 11:15 am

The last 3-4 days (including today) I have experienced very slow loading from WCP. Other sites seem fine, just WCP is really slow. I can get the main page to show up quickly enough, but when I click on the Community header to go to the forums, it takes a long time to load. I have to go do other things while it does. It isn't all the time either, but it happens enough to be noticeable. Anyone else having this problem?

Firefox (latest) on Win7 64
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Super Slow Loading

Post by Breanni » February 20th, 2015, 9:33 am

Hmmm... we did update the forum to the latest version of phpBB about 5 or 6 days ago. So that could be the culprit. But I haven't noticed any issues, nor has anyone else that I'm aware of. How are other pages of the site loading for you? Filters... pet profiles... leaderboards...?

I will let Weena know you're having trouble since the update -- maybe he can help figure out what's up.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 20th, 2015, 4:49 pm

It's kind of an all or nothing thing. Either the site works ok or not at all. As an example, 10-15 minutes back I tried to go to the WCP site. Browser just sat there loading. I tried a couple mins ago and it loaded (with some lag). I was able to go to the forums, but as I opened up threads in different tabs, some threads just sat there and spun.

Yesterday, I wasn't able to get on fully until late evening.

I tried everything from full browser cache wipe to flushing my DNS. I might try looking for an alternate DNS. I'm on Verizon FIOS, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but so far it is just WCP that has issues. All other sites are good for me. Maybe there is an incompatability with the new phpBB site and Verizon's DNS server? I'm not into networking stuff, so I don't know. I know it affects all of my browsers and just this site. Very weird.

I'll be sad if I can't keep coming here. It's one of my favorite sites. I'm not sure what I can do on my end to fix it. Site is working for me right now, so I'll enjoy what I can get!

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 22nd, 2015, 8:26 pm

Wow -- this is super bizarre. Not even sure where to begin troubleshooting -- you've already tried everything I would suggest. If other people were having this issue, that would help us at least get a sense for where the problem might lie.

No one has been having issues?

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » February 22nd, 2015, 8:48 pm

I have this happen from time to time, I generally just assume when the page doesn't load that you're doing some sort of maintenance and just try again later. This has been happening more than just the last week though.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 23rd, 2015, 4:56 pm

Sibi wrote:I have this happen from time to time, I generally just assume when the page doesn't load that you're doing some sort of maintenance and just try again later. This has been happening more than just the last week though.
Yeah I noticed that too (even tweeted Quintessence about it at some point). The last week has been the roughest for me though. Just to quote your post and post this replay I had to click on the quote button 3 times. The last two days have been better. If I reload the pages 5 or 6 times it usually loads enough of the page for me to work with. I just have to remember to do everything in a new tab so that I don't lose a page to a partial reload.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 2nd, 2015, 7:09 pm

As an update, Today has been pretty good. I don't know if yall changed anything or not, but so far only slight lag on page loading today. I didn't test much this weekend due to being out.