Checklist Issues - Exporting Pets to Spreadsheet

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Checklist Issues - Exporting Pets to Spreadsheet

Post by Darolyn » January 21st, 2015, 4:27 pm

So, a few weeks ago, I was able to simply copy and paste my entire checklist into a spreadsheet, and it sorted beautifully into multiple columns and only put the pets I didn't have in.

Same thing with the upgradeable pets, I could copy/paste and it worked exceedingly well.

I've collected a LOT of pets in the past few weeks, and upgraded quite a few as well. I can no longer copy and paste that checklist. When I do it, and I've tried Google sheets, Excel, and open office calc, and every single time, it puts a list of every single pet in game, collecting, not collecting, have, have not, etc.

Was there some coding that changed in the checklist in the last few weeks, maybe the last month? It's a little frustrating that I can't make a spreadsheet that sorts them the way I want them sorted, not just alphabetically, and usable on my cell phone, as this site is not at all optimized for mobile use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I posted in the Pet Collecting Forum, but I don't think people understood the exact issue I was describing.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Checklist Issues - Exporting Pets to Spreadsheet

Post by Breanni » January 23rd, 2015, 7:27 am

I can tell you with 100% certainty that we haven't made any coding changes to the checklist in the past six months or so. I'm not sure why it worked so well before and you're having difficulty now.

Our site has never been the best for accommodating spreadsheet exports (it can only be done manually, as you've been doing it). But I do know of a site that should be able to do this for you flawlessly: http://petsear.ch/Pets

Go to "Personal Pets," input your character/realm, and then you'll see an option to export your list to a spreadsheet. You can also do some additional data sorts that might be helpful.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 23rd, 2015, 10:35 am

That link is pretty awesome, I just wish it had sources for the unobtained pets. :( Oh well, I'll figure out something.

I don't know why everything changed either. As I said, I had previously done it through google sheets, and it was lovely, my friend was able to copy hers to (we share a google spreadsheet so that if either of us comes across a pet the other doesn't have, we can grab it), and now neither of us can.

I would think it was a change in google's functionality if it weren't for having tried Excel and Open Office as well.

Oh well, I can easily make this link work.

Thank you!!!

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 23rd, 2015, 8:13 pm

Perhaps Windows had an update that affected the clipboard?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829