Albino Chimaeraling - S/S?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Albino Chimaeraling - S/S?

Post by Cyberninja » December 8th, 2014, 2:12 pm

On the Battle Info tab it shows 5 available breeds for the Albino Chimaeraling. I use the addon BattlePetID and on one of my Albino Chimaeraling it shows as P/B and shows available breeds as P/P, P/B that's it. And I have only seen P/P or P/B on the auction house. However, I also have an Albino Chimaeraling that shows as S/S on BattlePetID with available breeds being S/S, P/P and P/B. What gives? Do I actually have an S/S? Is BattlePetID glitched, is the amount of available breeds on Battle Info tab incorrect? Any help would be appreciated. The S/S that I have is the only one I've seen and I watch the auction house like a hawk.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Albino Chimaeraling - S/S?

Post by Quintessence » December 8th, 2014, 6:43 pm

It's possible that the addon hasn't been updated with additional breeds yet. Another website that shows the different breeds, petsear.ch, also lists 5 possible breeds for the Albino Chimaeraling.

We import data directly from the Blizzard API so if the information there lists 5 possible breeds, that's what will appear on the Battle Info page. It's difficult to tell whether or not Blizzard has actually implemented all of those breeds and made them available to players. However, it's still early in the expansion; we might see more breeds as more and more unlock the level 3 Menagerie and have the pet drop for them.

As a side note: The Albino Chimaeraling, when learned, ranges from poor to uncommon quality. I'm fairly certain that this is a bug, as all of the other Mastering the Menagerie pets are rare quality when added to the Pet Journal. If this is the case, the 5 listed breeds could also just be part of that error. This is just my own speculation, of course. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Albino Chimaeraling - S/S?

Post by Kpb321 » December 8th, 2014, 6:54 pm

To add to that a little bit. In Game there isn't any way to actually pull the breed to see what a pet is and what sex it is (m v f). To work around this add-ons use the stats for the pet to guess the breed. This leads to a couple of things.

1) The available breeds and guess as to what breed a particular pet is are based on data in the add-in not pulled from WoW so it can be out of date or wrong when things change or new pets are added.
2) Most of the time this works well but at low levels, especially at lower quality, you can have two breeds that have the same stats. I know the add-on I use shows ??? and says a or b but it's possible that some add-ins might not do that. Once you stone the pet and/or start leveling the pet it should get to the point where there is only one possible breed that would give you the stats your pet has and be clear but it can be unknown or wrong until then.

The breed number that websites can pull from the armory tells you the breed and sex so the website here should be correct.

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

UPDATE: Re: Albino Chimaeraling - S/S?

Post by Cyberninja » December 9th, 2014, 6:42 am

I have toons on 7 different servers and after checking the AH's last night, what do you know-there was an S/S for sale so maybe they do exist! Rare to be sure from what I have seen. So far I have seen S/S, P/P, P/B but no others. I have to say though that I am quite satisfied with my S/S and P/P that I have :)

Thanks for the responses-that cleared things up a bit!