PVP battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us
PVP battles

Post by Kiowa » March 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm

So I am working on Tamer and just what everyone's daily number of battles is

Tonid
Pet Score:5172
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Re: PVP battles

Post by Tonid » March 19th, 2014, 8:52 am

You mean "Trainer", not Tamer? (Deadly Pet Brawler)

I've set myself a goal of getting 10 wins a day. Not too much, but not too few. Since I already have approximately 500, it'll take me about 2 months (less than that), which I find sensible, and not tiresome.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » March 19th, 2014, 9:02 am

My goal was 10 wins a week. When I felt like playing pet battles I would do more.
Rushing the achievement would not have been practical for me. It would have felt like a grind.

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » March 19th, 2014, 9:04 am

I am trying for 15 battles a day, so roughly 7.5 wins a day factoring in RNG, The fact that I am not good at pet battles and limited number of teams I can make. Trying to get the Direhorn ATM so by the end of the month, I'm looking at roughly 225 wins.

Tonid

Post by Tonid » March 21st, 2014, 5:13 pm

The only way to get better in pet battling is testing out different teams, especially observing your opponents. I've created a couple of favorite pvp teams which I use interchangeably, and I have quite a good win-lose ratio thanks to those teams, even though I make lots of stupid mistakes ^^.

Often the key to winning is to have teams to counteract other often encountered teams. If I notice that I'm battling against a single opponent, and I'm losing with my team, I often switch to a team which can counteract the opponent's pet selection and try to queue immediately afterwards. Often works.

My biggest success so far is having an opponent forfit 5 times in a row, which gave me a free achievement (the one not to let any pets die in 5 consecutive battles).

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » March 26th, 2014, 11:15 pm

don't set yourself any daily goals. of course get the 10 win weekly in, but other than that just battle to have fun. it took me until 500-ish wins to start to feel like i was getting good. maybe that should be your goal if you really feel a need: get super tight at actually stompin on people...to the point that when you queue up your favorite team people will recognize and forfeit lol

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » March 27th, 2014, 8:39 am

Se5s wrote:it took me until 500-ish wins to start to feel like i was getting good.
Me too. At the beginning PvP battles really felt like pulling teeth. Once I had a few team comps that I felt comfortable queuing with, the games started to go a lot faster.

Tonid

Post by Tonid » March 29th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Maleric wrote:
Se5s wrote:it took me until 500-ish wins to start to feel like i was getting good.
Me too. At the beginning PvP battles really felt like pulling teeth. Once I had a few team comps that I felt comfortable queuing with, the games started to go a lot faster.
That's precisely my experience as well, but I'd say I started to get the "feel" for it around 300-400 wins. I now have three teams I battle with regularly, and whilst there are cases when wins are easy, there are great teams out there that do cause me some trouble. But that's good, if not it would become horribly boring.

After over 600 wins now, I'm apt to experiment with new teams, exploring some interesting pet abilities, that are often missed. I'm now planning to go over my list of 25s and see if there aren't any curious abilities which I may try to see in battle ^^.

PS. if you do come across a three-direhorn (stun-and-speed-based) or three-crow/raven (darkness-based) teams, those might be mine, I do feel best with those two teams, despite the fact they're easy to overcome if the opponent knows what to switch to (eg. the darkness team has trouble with elementals, since they ignore the darkness effect).