Major Payne Really Is!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Terribletim68
Major Payne Really Is!

Post by Terribletim68 » March 6th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Major Payne is kicking my butt! I'm totally stuck right here. Is he just impossible without a mech to deal with that bear? I don't have a good mech right now. Is it even possible without getting a good mech leveled? :cry:

Nefigah
Pet Score:1359
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Re: Major Payne Really Is!

Post by Nefigah » March 6th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Yeah, it's definitely doable, though you should definitely level a mech pet as they're a ton of fun. My favorite is [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] (who tends to solo Payne's first 2 pets for me most of the time).

For example, your Dark Phoenix Hatchling can debuff his healing with [ability]Darkflame[/ability] when he hibernates, and then burst him (conflag hits pretty hard even without the burning bonus). Also possible that stuns might work (though you might have to root him), so you could try Kun Lai Runt with Frost Shock -> Deep Freeze -> Takedown.

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 7th, 2014, 11:13 am

Well, in the end I caved and snagged a Darkmoon Tonk off the AH that was already lvl25. After that it went really quick. That thing is ridiculous! :shock:

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » March 7th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Start with a rabbit.

Grizzle
Start with [ability]Dodge[/ability], swap to carry pet, absorb a hit, and then swap to [pet]Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot[/pet]
[ability]Sticky Grenade[/ability], [ability]Minefield[/ability] and then [ability]Batter[/ability] him to death.

Beakmaster X-225
Start with [ability]Sticky Grenade[/ability] and then [ability]Batter[/ability] him to death. If you die first, bring your rabbit back out and use [ability]Burrow[/ability] to finish and [ability]Dodge[/ability]. Try to take no damage if possible. I can usually get Beakmaster down before my grenade lands, after which my grenade finishes him off after he repairs.

Bloom
Finally, the rabbit can finish Bloom pretty easily. Be sure to avoid Bloom's [ability]Entangling Roots[/ability] using [ability]Burrow[/ability] or [ability]Dodge[/ability].

And this is the carry pet strat that works for me every time. If you are JUST trying to beat him, it gets even easier.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 7th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Also note that if you have a pet that is faster than him and has an interrupt (kick, backflip, interrupting gaze, etc), you can turn his 3 rounds of damage into just 1 round. He'll spend the next four rounds healing/stunning. I use the hopling myself. I lead off with the poison so I am guaranteed to heal every round. If he stuns me, I pass and if he hits me, I use kick the next round. I then tongue lash him as he sleeps. When he wakes up, reapply the poison and repeat. The bear usually dies during the 2nd set of sleep rounds. The hopling beats him with aound 1000k or sometimes even full health.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 7th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Well, while I do have a Rabbit, my Rocket Bot is low level, and my Rabbit isn't fully leveled either. But I do appreciate the tips! Maybe I'll have to level my Rocket Bot to create a carry team for him later. 8-)

Cayienne
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Cayienne » March 7th, 2014, 3:36 pm

You could also look to grab a Cogblade Raptor from Blade's Edge (level 18-20). You'll need to level him up a couple of levels, but If you can get an S/S version he'll go first and his batter attack will hit 2-3 times. If he hits 3 times on the first 2 turns, the bear is usually dead and your Raptor will have plenty left over to beat down the mechanical. On rare occasions, I've made it all the way to the 3rd pet with this guy.

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 7th, 2014, 4:52 pm

My Cogblade Raptor is uncommon, and still needs leveled. I found that he just didn't seem all that powerful while I was leveling him and I ended up bailing on him. He just didn't seem to have the right stuff. Or did I miss something?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » March 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Depends on how you are using him. His moveset has a lot of of synergy with itself. Exposed wounds adds damage to multihit abilities. He has batter which is a multihit abilith and both of his second slot abilities make him faster than any opponents the doesn't already own.

While not a super star like the Idol, the cogblade raptor is a very useful pet. Your breed is S/B, so that's actually a pretty decent breed for his moveset (would be better if he was S/S, but S/B will give you 305 speed at level 25 and rare.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 8th, 2014, 1:42 am

Interesting, maybe I better take another look at him.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » March 9th, 2014, 9:40 am

I use DM tonk, Gnome and civet ( dive as 1st move ) in this order.

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » March 11th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Well, since I got my DM Tonk I've been rolling him fairly easily on a daily basis. So now it's DM Tonk / Dark Phoenix Hatchling / Tundra Penguin. Seems to work quite well as long as I don't get any miss streaks. It really hurts when the Tonk misses on that stupid Bear. :?

Corah
Pet Score:13318

Post by Corah » March 14th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Clockwork Gnome, Water waveling and leveler pet