My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Double Adder

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Yooda
 
Posts: 14
Joined: November 8th, 2013
Pet Score: 1703
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US

Double Adder

Postby Yooda » February 15th, 2014, 6:03 am

I have been running a comp for about a month now and it seems pretty ridiculous. My add-on says I have over a 99% win rate for a little over 200 games... but I have some questions about it...

The combo is...

Death Adder Hatchling
Death Adder Hatchling
Unborn Val'kyr

The combo works off of the the Death Adder Hatchling's Blinding Poison ability. Since it only has a 3 round cooldown you can use it like this....

Round 1: Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1; Blinding Poison
Round 2: Swap to Death Adder Hatchling Slot 2 [Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1 Blinding Poison R3]
Round 3: Death Adder Hatchling Slot 2; Blinding Poison [Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1 Blinding Poison R2]
Round 4: Swap to Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1 [Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1 Blinding Poison R1]
Round 5: Death Adder Hatchling Slot 1; Blinding Poison

You can repeat this over and over and over and keep a dot up with the Unborn Val'kyr. Since the Valk has a dot that deals about 150 damage 5 rounds... you most likely going to do more damage with that attack + this stasis combo then they will over this amount over time. This is going to beat most of the comps you run into.

I understand there are some abilities that work through blind's 100% hit reduction. I understand there are damage reduction compositions. I understand there are certain healing compositions. I understand there are weather attacks that can't miss in certain weathers... but here is my question.

Can someone explain to me how a regular ability with a target who has blind on it.... Can hit me with an ability? Is there some type of built in diminishing return on blind? I haven't gotten hit with many "stray bullets" but these are my only losses with this comp.

I have only seen one other person play this comp against me... and I assume it is a copy cat comp that saw me play it. Let me know what you think.

-Yooda

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3576
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Double Adder

Postby Luciandk » February 15th, 2014, 6:10 am

Some abilities will defeat Blinding Poison, such as Blood in the Water if a bleed is up as it says always hits.

Laser have 200% chance to hit and will only be reduced to 100% with Blinding Poison.

Demolish is widely considered to be bugged and hitting far more than it should. Sandstorm messes up Blinding Poison as well.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Hootstwo » February 15th, 2014, 6:58 am

Luciandk wrote:Some abilities will defeat Blinding Poison, such as Blood in the Water if a bleed is up as it says always hits.

Laser have 200% chance to hit and will only be reduced to 100% with Blinding Poison.

Demolish is widely considered to be bugged and hitting far more than it should. Sandstorm messes up Blinding Poison as well.

Just another voice confirming that Anubs seem to not know what being blind means. Their abilities still seem to hit with some measure of regularity regardless of being blinded.

User avatar
Yooda
 
Posts: 14
Joined: November 8th, 2013
Pet Score: 1703
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Yooda » February 15th, 2014, 9:09 am

I understand there are some abilities that will alway hit regardless of being blinded....

But does anyone know why or understand how a pet could hit you with a regular ability with no modifiers... if they are blind from the Death Adder Hatchling?

I am seeing that one guy is claiming that Sandstorm somewhat messes or overrides blind from the Adder... Can anyone confirm this or explain how it effects the situation?

User avatar
Kring
 
Posts: 224
Joined: May 19th, 2013
Pet Score: 4797
BattleTag®: scrufola#2941
Realm: Kargath-EU

Re: Double Adder

Postby Kring » February 15th, 2014, 9:59 am

Yooda wrote:My add-on says I have over a 99% win rate for a little over 200 games...


Which addon is that? Does that save win percentage per team?

User avatar
Poofah
 
Posts: 820
Joined: October 5th, 2012
Pet Score: 4206
Realm: Llane-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Poofah » February 15th, 2014, 3:19 pm

There is a known bug where an ability with negative accuracy can hit. For example Rampage (95%) with Blinding Poison up (-5%) can occasionally hit. Demolish is 75% accuracy, so with Blinding Poison it can also hit; and Sandstorm puts a blanket -10% accuracy, making most abilities go into the negatives with Blinding Poison.

Also, certain multi-hit abilities only obey accuracy for their first hit. For example Murkalot's Blessed Hammer with Blinding Poison: the first hit will miss, and the 2nd and 3rd will hit. Similarly Mothballs only obeys accuracy for the first ball; the other 3 are always 50% hit chance.

Also, if damage is coming from a backrow pet, then Blinding Poison on the active pet won't modify the hit chance. Ice Tomb, Cyclone, Minefield, etc. I'm honestly a little surprised at the success rate, given that Minefield and Cyclone/Raindance are fairly popular and should be tough matchups. Murkalot should also be tough, since the speed boost of RI makes the Fossilized Hatchling/Brewpup/Bombling/whatever faster than your snakes. I also don't see how you can beat an Emperor Crab with Surge, which I see pretty often.

But yes, it's a little bit ridiculous, in the same way that infinite Decoys or infinite stun/feign with Scalded Basilisk Hatchling were ridiculous. It's an easier combo to disrupt due to the Blinding Poison mechanic, but there probably shouldn't be infinite combos in the game at all.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Hootstwo » February 15th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Yooda wrote:I understand there are some abilities that will alway hit regardless of being blinded....

But does anyone know why or understand how a pet could hit you with a regular ability with no modifiers... if they are blind from the Death Adder Hatchling?

I am seeing that one guy is claiming that Sandstorm somewhat messes or overrides blind from the Adder... Can anyone confirm this or explain how it effects the situation?

I suspect that guy might be me ;) I'm not sure WHY it happens, I can only assure you it does. I've screen capped it a couple of times and sent it in (absolutely NO other modifiers active other than blinding poison and I'm hit by sandstorm, same thing has happened with demolish from Anub)

User avatar
Vek
Top Rater
 
Posts: 399
Joined: July 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 3996
Realm: Aggramar-EU

Re: Double Adder

Postby Vek » February 16th, 2014, 3:18 am

I have also been hit by attacks by blinded pets, no other hit modifiers were active. Quite rare but does happen. Mostly believed to be by less than 100% hit moves that somehow get reversed hit during calculation, but someone on this forum linked a pic of Ion Cannon(100% hit move) hitting through blind, ouch!

Other than that, 2 DAH and a Val'kyr. Combining two top pets of 5.4 and do well is pretty much a no brainer. But this sounds even more boring than Val'kyr, DAH and Qiraj Guardling from that other thread, and has less diversity since it has two of the same. Seems powerful until you run into bird or minefield or anything faster than 341 but since most opponents don't run much with speed you are bound to do well.

User avatar
Jabart
MVP
 
Posts: 59
Joined: July 5th, 2013
Pet Score: 1878
BattleTag®: jonyeh420#1172
Realm: Madoran-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Jabart » February 16th, 2014, 4:24 pm

I absolutely love facing this team with my Murk/Bombling/Raven team; I can't tell you how many 4 turn wins I've had against this exact team.

Round 1: Murkablo vs Valk. Murk uses RI into the Bombling, Valk puts Curse on Bombling.

Round 2: Bombling uses Geddon. Both adders are down to like 300-400 hp. Valk uses Haunt, dies.

Round 3: Raven kills adder.

Round 4: Raven kills other adder.

Always fun. So glad the majority of Val'kyr users don't improvise.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

User avatar
Genome
 
Posts: 90
Joined: January 5th, 2014
Pet Score: 2401
Realm: Sen'jin-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Genome » February 16th, 2014, 6:50 pm



I have run into this comp a few times, as well as 3x Adders. It is almost as cheesy as the Unborn Valk'yr / Blighthawk / Stitched Pup combo, maybe more-so :)

I myself have never gotten a "normal" hit to go through the blind.

User avatar
Yooda
 
Posts: 14
Joined: November 8th, 2013
Pet Score: 1703
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Yooda » February 17th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Nice scripted fight... I am sure I wouldn't see that coming at all... lol

Jabart wrote:I absolutely love facing this team with my Murk/Bombling/Raven team; I can't tell you how many 4 turn wins I've had against this exact team.

Round 1: Murkablo vs Valk. Murk uses RI into the Bombling, Valk puts Curse on Bombling.

Round 2: Bombling uses Geddon. Both adders are down to like 300-400 hp. Valk uses Haunt, dies.

Round 3: Raven kills adder.

Round 4: Raven kills other adder.

Always fun. So glad the majority of Val'kyr users don't improvise.

User avatar
Regillixavatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: January 15th, 2014
Pet Score: 1735
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Regillixavatar » February 18th, 2014, 8:03 am

Yooda wrote:Nice scripted fight... I am sure I wouldn't see that coming at all... lol

Jabart wrote:I absolutely love facing this team with my Murk/Bombling/Raven team; I can't tell you how many 4 turn wins I've had against this exact team.

Round 1: Murkablo vs Valk. Murk uses RI into the Bombling, Valk puts Curse on Bombling.

Round 2: Bombling uses Geddon. Both adders are down to like 300-400 hp. Valk uses Haunt, dies.

Round 3: Raven kills adder.

Round 4: Raven kills other adder.

Always fun. So glad the majority of Val'kyr users don't improvise.


Er...I find it hilarious that is your response given that your whole team is centered around things going precisely as you planned (opponent with no 341+ pets with no priority attacks, shields, heals, or Muddy Weather). The only source of damage you have mentioned was using your val'kyr to haunt but what do you do if you run into even a single emperor crab? He can easily shield/heal his way through the DoTs and can take Surge to reduce the Blind by 1 turn.

And if we're being honest, I always run Darkmoon Tonk (minefield) and Spirit crab to just devour Val'kyr and Death Adder teams, I get a lot of lulz esp when you have to choose between making your Val'kyr fight a tank pet or send the Death Adder into mines

Then again, I could just throw up Muddy Weather and Surge/Snap your Death Adders slowly

User avatar
Karmagheden
 
Posts: 7
Joined: March 16th, 2011
Pet Score: 4145
Realm: Shadowmoon-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Karmagheden » September 4th, 2014, 3:58 am



Yeah that comp is pretty annoying. I run a weather team myself, usually I have trouble with AOE teams.

Fast pets with Blind, Decoy, or anything with two round block abilities irritate me the most.

Add a tanky undead pet to the mix, especially an Unborn Val'kyr and it's faceroll.

User avatar
Klaital
 
Posts: 220
Joined: August 24th, 2014
Pet Score: 4516
Realm: The Sha'tar-EU

Re: Double Adder

Postby Klaital » September 4th, 2014, 11:38 am

I would imagine pretty much any flying pet is going to wreck that combo, since the whole combo relies on your adders being faster than the enemy, and about any flying pet above 50% is going to be faster than the adders. (as an extra bonus, all of the adders attacks are weak against fliers so you wont be getting them below 50% any time soon)

Iamwhatis
 
Posts: 83
Joined: April 21st, 2013
Pet Score: 4076
Realm: Stormscale-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Iamwhatis » September 7th, 2014, 10:54 am

Kring wrote:
Yooda wrote:My add-on says I have over a 99% win rate for a little over 200 games...


Which addon is that? Does that save win percentage per team?


Bump which addon is that?

Twinkielock
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 16th, 2013
Pet Score: 1231
Realm: Hyjal-US

Re: Double Adder

Postby Twinkielock » September 9th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Yooda wrote:I have been running a comp for about a month now and it seems pretty ridiculous. My add-on says I have over a 99% win rate for a little over 200 games... but I have some questions about it...

What addon tracks this?

-Yooda


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Palnox and 3 guests