My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Sleep?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Denarian
 
Posts: 75
Joined: January 14th, 2014
Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Kul Tiras-US

Sleep?

Postby Denarian » January 30th, 2014, 9:34 am

So, I often use my Infinite Whelping to deal with healers in pvp, to counter their healing. But I have noticed, though, that sometimes when I use Sleeping Gas, if it manages to put them to sleep, it only sleeps them till the end of the round. Being P/P, and slower, that is essentially useless, since I go last that round.

Is there a speed mechanic I am overlooking? In order for Sleeping Gas to be effective, does one need to be faster than their opponent?

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3576
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Sleep?

Postby Luciandk » January 30th, 2014, 10:27 am

Just like a stun move, CC moves wants to go -before- the opponent. If they proc, then they annull the opponents turn, and their next turn.

User avatar
Denarian
 
Posts: 75
Joined: January 14th, 2014
Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Kul Tiras-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Denarian » January 30th, 2014, 10:44 am

Luciandk wrote:Just like a stun move, CC moves wants to go -before- the opponent. If they proc, then they annull the opponents turn, and their next turn.


Then, I am seeing a glitch? Because when I am fighting non-critter opponents, they don't lose their next turn. It puts them to sleep, and next turn comes up, they are fine. They have the CC buff, but still use their turn like normal.

User avatar
Poofah
 
Posts: 820
Joined: October 5th, 2012
Pet Score: 4206
Realm: Llane-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Poofah » January 30th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Is there any DoT or damage being done to the slept pet at the end of the turn, after it gets slept? Sleep is different from stun in that it will break on damage. Infinite Whelp doesn't have any abilities that would do that, so it would have to come from somewhere else (Fiendish Imp in backrow? Haunt?).

User avatar
Denarian
 
Posts: 75
Joined: January 14th, 2014
Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Kul Tiras-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Denarian » January 30th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Poofah wrote:Is there any DoT or damage being done to the slept pet at the end of the turn, after it gets slept? Sleep is different from stun in that it will break on damage. Infinite Whelp doesn't have any abilities that would do that, so it would have to come from somewhere else (Fiendish Imp in backrow? Haunt?).


I didn't realize that sleep had that sort of limitation on it. But, if it does, it would make sense, as I usually have both of the DoTs you mentioned, up at the same time. The only thing is, though, that I cannot find anywhere that states that targets that are asleep in pet battles, will be awakened if hit.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Peanutty » January 30th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Denarian wrote:I didn't realize that sleep had that sort of limitation on it. But, if it does, it would make sense, as I usually have both of the DoTs you mentioned, up at the same time. The only thing is, though, that I cannot find anywhere that states that targets that are asleep in pet battles, will be awakened if hit.


Yes, sleep has that limitation but it isn't expressly stated in the tooltip for Sleeping Gas. Looking around, it doesn't say it for the ability Food Coma either. For Soothe, the only other ability off the top of my head that's similar, it says "Sings to the target, causing them to become drowsy. Drowsy targets will fall asleep at the end of next round unless hit."

I guess it's one of those things that I just learned by accident while doing pet battles (aka darn you Seeker Zusshi!) and just assumed it says so on the tooltip without ever checking.

User avatar
Kpb321
 
Posts: 938
Joined: April 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 3974
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Kpb321 » January 30th, 2014, 2:47 pm

I can't check it but I think the actual sleep debuff that ends up on your opponent says that it breaks on damage but even if it doesn't say there that is definitely the case.

User avatar
Tuatha
Top Rater
 
Posts: 105
Joined: April 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 3297
BattleTag®: tuatha#1660
Realm: Uther-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Tuatha » January 30th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Kpb321 wins the internets.
Asleep
Unable to give this pet commands.
Breaks on damage.

User avatar
Denarian
 
Posts: 75
Joined: January 14th, 2014
Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Kul Tiras-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Denarian » January 30th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Tuatha wrote:Kpb321 wins the internets.
Asleep
Unable to give this pet commands.
Breaks on damage.


I guess there are different kinds of "asleep," seeing as Hibernate or Emerald Dream don't break on hit.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Sleep?

Postby Peanutty » January 30th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Denarian wrote:
Tuatha wrote:Kpb321 wins the internets.
Asleep
Unable to give this pet commands.
Breaks on damage.


I guess there are different kinds of "asleep," seeing as Hibernate or Emerald Dream don't break on hit.


Difference with Hibernate and Emerald Dream is they're a self buff, versus a CC ability like the others. The mouseover on Hibernate when used reads: "Hibernating. Restores increasing health every round."


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests