How to move Battle Pets stuck in inaccessible areas

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us
How to move Battle Pets stuck in inaccessible areas

Post by Mawder » November 11th, 2012, 4:22 pm

I have used this technique for the Stunted Shardhorn, Fel Flame, and Water Strider. Sometimes they spawn in areas you can't battle. To move them out of the area (ie: inside a tree, in water, in fire, etc) you need a Priest to Mind Control a non battle-pet critter. Use that critter to attack wild battle pet with one hit and it will run away. Then release your critter and start combat with the battle pet.

Has anyone found a way to do this with another class?

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: How to move Battle Pets stuck in inaccessible areas

Post by Hellomynameis » November 11th, 2012, 4:44 pm

I bind my F12 key to "Interact with target", then I use a "/tar pet's name" macro to target the pet that is stuck underground or in a wall, and I can spam click F12 until I find an area free of obstacles. The pet I have seen stuck most often is the blighthawks.

Someone else mentioned the use of Faerie Fire or other non-damage debuffs. From the top of my head warlock curses might work. Fear also might work etc. But I think thats mostly for when it is an impossible area, not when its stuck.

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13784
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » November 12th, 2012, 11:19 am

I do the same as Hellomynamis.

I also submit a bug report when I can indicating the pet and location. Hopefully doing this will help others.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » November 12th, 2012, 1:21 pm

If you have an agro dumping ability like Shadowmeld or Vanish or Feign Death, you can use any non-damaging attack on the pet. If it's the type of pet that will get angry at you and run over to nibble at your toes, use your agro dump and then wait for it to drop combat before attempting to battle it.

This doesn't work with all pets, since some just flee if you try to engage them in combat. But at least there's a chance they'll climb out of the ground or tree or wherever they're hiding. :)

Has anyone tested out the Hunter ability "Scare Beast"? Pets aren't really beasts, but it might be worth a shot to get stuck pets unstuck.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » November 13th, 2012, 1:41 am

I've successfully taunted them then "leashed" them and clicked them as they ran back to their spots. I've heard the belf racial works as well as a taunt. I should totally check the ... is it a druid minor glyph that makes them your friend for a bit?

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » November 15th, 2012, 11:40 am

This all seems very complicated. I found the best way was to target it and use my interact with target button while facing a level playing field. So say it is in a tree. Target it, face away from the tree, then engage the fight. The only problem I ever had was with the Summit Kid because it generally isn't on a level playing field unless you are lucky. Otherwise this method works 99% of the time and doesn't require MC, aggro or anything.

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Hey I actually use my in game key binding "interact with Target", i have it bound to a key and then i /tar snake (or the name of w/e your targeting) then press the key, that i have bound for it :)

lol just saw a similar post to his so sry for repeating ..
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » November 15th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Livingdeath wrote:This all seems very complicated. I found the best way was to target it and use my interact with target button while facing a level playing field. So say it is in a tree. Target it, face away from the tree, then engage the fight. The only problem I ever had was with the Summit Kid because it generally isn't on a level playing field unless you are lucky. Otherwise this method works 99% of the time and doesn't require MC, aggro or anything.
Yup, the first thing anyone should try is the interact with target keybind. But there are some pets that are stuck out of reach, such as a few of the Imperial Eagle Chick spawns, who like to sit on the top of trees >_<

Kiting a pet to another location is also great for those that don't want to battle in a particular area. A spot filled with too many high level mobs? Agro the pet and move it to a less crowded spot! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 15th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Death grip on my DK, just be sure to spam ESC or you will kill it!

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Misstic wrote:Death grip on my DK, just be sure to spam ESC or you will kill it!
ifyou accidentally kill alt f4 and when u load back in it should be there it works in pet battles if you accidentally kill your pet.. may work to
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » November 16th, 2012, 7:16 pm

I tried death grip with my death knight, but the pet just ran around in a panic and then finally evaded back to it's original spot. Very unsatisfactory!

Mawder
Pet Score:2555

Post by Mawder » November 18th, 2012, 6:02 pm

There are also some line-of-sight issues that prevent "interact with target" from working.

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 26th, 2012, 12:25 pm

there are also some pets in areas that are just impossible to battle like one of the fel flame spawns it seems he is in lava and you cant battle him so as a rogue i have a macro
/cast cheap shot
/stopattack
pull it to a spot you can battle vanish and right click or interact with target.
also works with any taunt BE racial Mage spell steal and likely others too.

Kielush
Pet Score:2450
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Kielush » November 28th, 2012, 2:28 pm

I cast FF on the pet as a druid and let them chase me until I drop combat. Then as the pet is returning to its original spot I engage it in battle.