PVP help~

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Qruel
Pet Score:2714
Realm:Fizzcrank-us
Re: PVP help~

Post by Qruel » February 18th, 2014, 5:27 am

I have a question concerning PvP...Is it really necessary to have the Crawling Claw ? Is there a pet that might work almost as well in it's place? The reason I ask is that I see in soooo many posts and in many convo's with folks that if you do not have one, you really are going to have a tough time winning. Is this pet honestly that good?
I hope there IS something else that can be used in it's place with good results as I just saw what's involved in getting a Claw, and with my health dictating my play time I may have one in ohhhhh 2 or 3 years LOL. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I have never done any pvp with pets, but am SO looking forward to getting started. :twisted:
Thanks in advance !!

p.s. love the site, so much excellent information !!

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » February 18th, 2014, 6:46 am

I think you have been reading old guides, you better check the dates. Alot happens after each patch. I don't feel Crawling Claw is a top tier pet anymore, it is solid though.

Also there really isn't any ONE pet that if you have you will beat all. The closest to this right now is Unborn Val'kyr, which you got, or Death Adder Hatchling. But those are still very beatable.

So don't go out of your way to get a Crawling Claw, you don't "need" it. Even if you don't have an overwhelming amount of lvl 25 pets to chose from you can still make solid teams with what you do have. Just try it.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800

Post by Digem » February 18th, 2014, 7:05 am

Truth be told you are going to lose at first .
Use it as a learning experience for using your own pets and how people use theirs .
Biggest thing of pet battling is knowing what your opponent is trying to do and stopping, avoiding, or using the right pet to take the hit.
If you do this makes it much easier to win.
I believe the pet addon pet tracker will show on your screen the move cooldowns of yours and your opponents(not sure have so many pet addons now).
Makes it so much easier to keep track of your opponents big moves.
If able to stun, block, swap out or switch to a pet that can take hit makes life easier.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 18th, 2014, 10:34 am

Qruel wrote:I have a question concerning PvP...Is it really necessary to have the Crawling Claw ? Is there a pet that might work almost as well in it's place? The reason I ask is that I see in soooo many posts and in many convo's with folks that if you do not have one, you really are going to have a tough time winning. Is this pet honestly that good?
I hope there IS something else that can be used in it's place with good results as I just saw what's involved in getting a Claw, and with my health dictating my play time I may have one in ohhhhh 2 or 3 years LOL. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I have never done any pvp with pets, but am SO looking forward to getting started. :twisted:
Thanks in advance !!

p.s. love the site, so much excellent information !!
Crawling Claw is not that good after the nerf to most of the pet switching skills. COD can also be found on several other undead pet.

Unless you have enough gold to buy one from the AH, otherwise don't worry about it.

Qruel
Pet Score:2714

Post by Qruel » February 18th, 2014, 11:50 am

Thank you everyone, I really do appreciate your help. ;) This is going to be so much fun !!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 25th, 2014, 12:47 pm

I know this is a massive necro on the scale of something unholy, but it's my thread so I hope the mods don't get mad. Please don't get mad. :oops: I've started playing more PVP pet battles and after starting two threads, with me wanting to start another, I figured reviving this one would probably save board space. I know ya'll don't want to see a thousand of my stupid question threads. :lol:

So, I've a question about blessed resilience. I just won a battle by the skin on my nose. The other guy was a way better PVP pet battler. :lol: It just came down to the undead vs mech racial in the end. I should've totally lost. Anyway, I started with Murkalot and the other guy thought I was going to use RI first so he stunned me. I hadn't planned on using it that turn but I did get the blessed resilience so I thought, why not try out Falling Murloc? And I got the stun. :cry: (See? I so should've died.)

Why doesn't blessed resilience work if it's a self stun?

Also, does blinding poison like that of the DAH stop you from putting things like the bomb bobbie traps on the group (the ones that spring if you switch pets) or damage from an explosion like armageddon? You're not technically targeting the other person when you're doing those two. Just curious.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » May 25th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Kendrah wrote:I know this is a massive necro on the scale of something unholy, but it's my thread so I hope the mods don't get mad. Please don't get mad. :oops: I've started playing more PVP pet battles and after starting two threads, with me wanting to start another, I figured reviving this one would probably save board space. I know ya'll don't want to see a thousand of my stupid question threads. :lol:

So, I've a question about blessed resilience. I just won a battle by the skin on my nose. The other guy was a way better PVP pet battler. :lol: It just came down to the undead vs mech racial in the end. I should've totally lost. Anyway, I started with Murkalot and the other guy thought I was going to use RI first so he stunned me. I hadn't planned on using it that turn but I did get the blessed resilience so I thought, why not try out Falling Murloc? And I got the stun. :cry: (See? I so should've died.)

Why doesn't blessed resilience work if it's a self stun?

Also, does blinding poison like that of the DAH stop you from putting things like the bomb bobbie traps on the group (the ones that spring if you switch pets) or damage from an explosion like armageddon? You're not technically targeting the other person when you're doing those two. Just curious.

Not sure what you getting at with the first question but as for the second one.
Yes blinding poison blocks the traps.
So it comes down to timing if know facing a death addler do a move you don't care if it misses to after blinding poison over.
Key to beating them not wasting big move to a blinding poison.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 25th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Murkalot has an attack called falling murloc. It stuns after using it. But I'd already been stun the previous turn so I had resiliance (immune to stuns, etc for two rounds.) So, I thought that have resilience would make me immune to the stun that follows the ability of falling morluc but it still stunned me.

So, why did it stun me? Do self stuns not fall under resilience?

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » May 25th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Kendrah wrote:Murkalot has an attack called falling murloc. It stuns after using it. But I'd already been stun the previous turn so I had resiliance (immune to stuns, etc for two rounds.) So, I thought that have resilience would make me immune to the stun that follows the ability of falling morluc but it still stunned me.

Ah I thought you meant that.
I am not sure but it does seem one cannot avoid a stun or recovery that a move does to themself.
I have seen the ability to be knocked out of a recovery quicker than one should be if one does a stun to a pet under recovery.
I think self inflicted things happen no matter what.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » May 25th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Digem wrote:
Kendrah wrote:Murkalot has an attack called falling murloc. It stuns after using it. But I'd already been stun the previous turn so I had resiliance (immune to stuns, etc for two rounds.) So, I thought that have resilience would make me immune to the stun that follows the ability of falling morluc but it still stunned me.

Ah I thought you meant that.
I am not sure but it does seem one cannot avoid a stun or recovery that a move does to themself.
I have seen the ability to be knocked out of a recovery quicker than one should be if one does a stun to a pet under recovery.
I think self inflicted things happen no matter what.
Digem has it right here. Whether it's falling murlock or ghostly bite, if it's self inflicted, the stun applies through resilience.