Addon Rematch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: Addon Rematch

Post by Riddley » October 16th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I figured it out right after I posted. For others: You need to have even the non-working version of PBT loaded to see the Import PetBattle Teams button at the bottom of the Options menu under the KeyBindings button.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 16th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Gello wrote:The "hard" part would be how to designate what the secondary sort is. Have the last-chosen sort be the secondary sort? When you choose 'Type' in the sort menu have a second menu pop out? Column headers on the list to click? Just thinking about it for a minute the first option may be best. Except I'd be afraid the order may become confusing since someone choosing to sort by Type then goes back and sorts by Name will get a different sort than they had previosly. Maybe a checkbox at the bottom of the sort menu 'Use secondary sort' or something. I'll add this to notes for when custom sorting is in, thanks!
Perhaps you could add it under the Filter-button on it's own line? Like after "Sort By" there could be "Second sort" (insert better name though :) OR you could add the secondary sorting options beneath the normal sort options, just somehow visually separated.

If those won't cut due to the custom sorting you are planning, maybe some button/option elsewhere?

And finally, I'd gladly see the the filtering NOT reseting despite there is already an option to exclude non-battle pets. But I know some prefer it resets, so perhaps an option to for it?
- Taking your candles since 2005

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » October 17th, 2014, 3:39 am

Now that PetJournal Enhanced isn't officially fixed, I remembered that Rematch has its own pet list and filters, and it's a good alternative. It's only difficult to break old habit of going to the official pet journal each time I want to check my pets for leveling. Thanks for the level=1-24 tip, I was just thinking to suggest a level filter. :)

What I thought a bit misleading was that if I have all sources checked they show as unchecked. Also would it be possible to add "check all / uncheck all" option for at least rarity/sources list?

This is a bit far-fetched maybe, but as for reseting the filters what about a button to save and use favorite filter(s)? Like some cute heart button next to the filter options icon. :)

Edit. I don't know if it's easy to implement, but one of the things that makes Rematch pet list a bit difficult to use is that I can't see on the tooltip whether I have that pet as lvl 25 or not, and what all the possible breeds are for it, and also stats for each lvl 25 rare breed. I noticed that Rematch already has some support for Battle Pet BreedID, so is it possible to include also that information in the tooltip?

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » October 17th, 2014, 4:43 am

And finally, I'd gladly see the the filtering NOT reseting despite there is already an option to exclude non-battle pets. But I know some prefer it resets, so perhaps an option to for it?
There will definitely be an option.
Now that PetJournal Enhanced isn't officially fixed, I remembered that Rematch has its own pet list and filters, and it's a good alternative. It's only difficult to break old habit of going to the official pet journal each time I want to check my pets for leveling. Thanks for the level=1-24 tip, I was just thinking to suggest a level filter. :)
I'm very open to new filtering options. Let me know specifically what you're looking for. I didn't use PJE much but I know more advanced sorting is a major one missing. That one is planned. Since abandoning the taint-prone UIDropDownMenus, I can go crazy with the filter menu.

There may be some you're not aware of too. You can search "level=25 speed>272" to filter down to level 25 pets greater than 272 speed.
What I thought a bit misleading was that if I have all sources checked they show as unchecked. Also would it be possible to add "check all / uncheck all" option for at least rarity/sources list?
This could probably afford better visual feedback. A check all/uncheck all requires a minimum of 2+ clicks for any filter. If you want to list all TGC pets, it'd require unchecking all then clicking TGC pet. Want to list all but wild pets, it'd require clicking check all and then clicking Pet Battle source. Whereas in Rematch you can just click TGC pets to see only TGC pets, or just shift+click Pet Battles source to see everything except wild pets. (I have to double-check whether shift+click for inverse is universal for all checkable options. If not I'll make it so.)

I think the one-click method works very well for pet types at least. And it feels better when all of the checkable filters behave the same. Perhaps something can be done to make visual feedback a bit more clear.
This is a bit far-fetched maybe, but as for reseting the filters what about a button to save and use favorite filter(s)? Like some cute heart button next to the filter options icon. :)
That's an interesting idea. Like 'Save Current Filter'/'Use Saved Filter' option in the primary menu, and then down by the X at the bottom of the list to reset all, it can have the heart beside it. Neat idea thanks! I'll throw that one into the hopper for future consideration.
Edit. I don't know if it's easy to implement, but one of the things that makes Rematch pet list a bit difficult to use is that I can't see on the tooltip whether I have that pet as lvl 25 or not, and what all the possible breeds are for it, and also stats for each lvl 25 rare breed. I noticed that Rematch already incorporates Battle Pet BreedID, so is it possible to include also that information in the tooltip?
The level is on a little pennant in the topright of the tooltip/pet card. Do you mean whether you have any 25s of that pet? That's not in there but shouldn't be too hard. I'll add that to notes too.

The rest is in there. The tooltip is meant to represent a trading card. You can hold Alt to flip it over to see the "back of the card" info: where the pet is from, its lore, etc. You can also click a pet anywhere to "lock" its card in place. A wooden frame appears around the card with little screws at the corner to unlock it (or you can hit ESC or re-click the pet).

While locked/framed, you can mouseover parts of the card, like abilities, and if you mouseover stats (and Battle Pet BreedID is installed) you can see all possible breeds:
The highlighted breed is the breed of the pet you're looking at.

That info was going to be on the back of the card. But at the time it was being made, Battle Pet BreedID didn't expose "other breeds" info, and I kinda like the way the lore looks to make it seem more like a trading card. Silly aesthetics.

I do have a long-term goal of reworking the pet card a bit. One interesting idea is to add an "Understudy" slot on the card itself. So if the pet is dead, an alternate can be loaded if it has an understudy.

Thanks guys for the ideas. I can't promise they'll all be implemented right away, or even that they'll all be implemented, but the vast majority of what Rematch does is from suggestions from its users so it's appreciated.

Iibis

Post by Iibis » October 17th, 2014, 5:18 am

Gello wrote: I'm very open to new filtering options. Let me know specifically what you're looking for. I didn't use PJE much but I know more advanced sorting is a major one missing. That one is planned. Since abandoning the taint-prone UIDropDownMenus, I can go crazy with the filter menu.
Edit. I forgot this bit. But in essence, I think the one missing might be filtering by zones, and I think "current zone" pretty much covers that for me anyways. PJE had a menu for filtering based on level brackets, but of course typing whatever bracket you want is more flexible.
Gello wrote:There may be some you're not aware of too. You can search "level=25 speed>272" to filter down to level 25 pets greater than 272 speed.
Yep, I now read Curse download page for more search terms! It's a big task but maybe a tooltip would help to hint that the user can filter the list like that? Not all terms, but just an example. I've had Rematch for a long time and kept it updated, but as I wasn't doing pet battles for a while, I didn't keep up with all the changes and there have been many since. :)
This could probably afford better visual feedback. A check all/uncheck all requires a minimum of 2+ clicks for any filter. If you want to list all TGC pets, it'd require unchecking all then clicking TGC pet. Want to list all but wild pets, it'd require clicking check all and then clicking Pet Battle source. Whereas in Rematch you can just click TGC pets to see only TGC pets, or just shift+click Pet Battles source to see everything except wild pets. (I have to double-check whether shift+click for inverse is universal for all checkable options. If not I'll make it so.)

I think the one-click method works very well for pet types at least. And it feels better when all of the checkable filters behave the same. Perhaps something can be done to make visual feedback a bit more clear.
Again something I just didn't know about, if the shift+click works then (un)check all option is unnecessary! Again, I think a simple tooltip saying "Shift-click for inverse" would help to realize the option exists. It seems that 'sources' list is the only one it works with though.
The level is on a little pennant in the topright of the tooltip/pet card. Do you mean whether you have any 25s of that pet? That's not in there but shouldn't be too hard. I'll add that to notes too.
Yep that's what I meant. I was going through pets from level 1 to 23, but it was difficult to decide what to level when I couldn't recall whether I already had that pet at level 24-25.
That info was going to be on the back of the card. But at the time it was being made, Battle Pet BreedID didn't expose "other breeds" info, and I kinda like the way the lore looks to make it seem more like a trading card. Silly aesthetics.
I like the aesthetics and idea behind it, though I like the idea that breed info could show on alt (for browsing which pets to level). But it's really not that big of a hassle to check the breed as it is. :)

I really appreciate your active work on this addon.

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 27th, 2014, 2:12 pm

There's something fishy about team loading. I noticed this in the latest version when I went to fight Nishi. Before, when I targeted her the Rematch would pop up offering the saved team like it should ([url=http://cryados.net/temp/settings.jpg]upper part of my settings[/url]). However, now that didn't happen which made me wonder. Well, I just saved the team again to overwrite the previous one, loaded another team and then targeted Nishi again and the load popup appeared as it should.

I went next to Aki and the popup worked fine now when I targeted her. Yon was next on my tour but he had the same problem as Nishi and I had to save the team again to make the popup work. But the real problem occured at the Burning Pandaren Spirit:
No matter how I tried saving the team for it (I even deleted the previous one), I couldn't get the team load popup to work. But that wasn't all. When I had targeted the Spirit and opened Rematch main window manually, the [url=http://cryados.net/temp/not_yon.jpg]addon suggested to load the team for Courageous Yon[/url] (?) and this bug kept on repeating. I also noticed that the team name for Burning Pandaren Spirit [url=http://cryados.net/temp/golden.jpg]was in golden color[/url] no matter I did - even if I loaded another team. I have no clue what's happening, but I know things worked fine two versions earlier.

After I beat the Spirit, I loaded some other team and targeted BPS again and THEN the team load popup appeared again right. With Zusshi I had to re-save the his team again, after that the popup worked right.

EDIT: Also another small QOL-feature request: would be nice to have an option that pressing ESC closes both Rematch windows at the same time instead of first closing the pullout and then the other window. ^_^

Gello

Post by Gello » October 28th, 2014, 9:36 am

Ryazan wrote:There's something fishy about team loading. I noticed this in the latest version when I went to fight Nishi. Before, when I targeted her the Rematch would pop up offering the saved team like it should (upper part of my settings). However, now that didn't happen which made me wonder. Well, I just saved the team again to overwrite the previous one, loaded another team and then targeted Nishi again and the load popup appeared as it should.

I went next to Aki and the popup worked fine now when I targeted her. Yon was next on my tour but he had the same problem as Nishi and I had to save the team again to make the popup work. But the real problem occured at the Burning Pandaren Spirit:
No matter how I tried saving the team for it (I even deleted the previous one), I couldn't get the team load popup to work. But that wasn't all. When I had targeted the Spirit and opened Rematch main window manually, the addon suggested to load the team for Courageous Yon (?) and this bug kept on repeating. I also noticed that the team name for Burning Pandaren Spirit was in golden color no matter I did - even if I loaded another team. I have no clue what's happening, but I know things worked fine two versions earlier.

After I beat the Spirit, I loaded some other team and targeted BPS again and THEN the team load popup appeared again right. With Zusshi I had to re-save the his team again, after that the popup worked right.

EDIT: Also another small QOL-feature request: would be nice to have an option that pressing ESC closes both Rematch windows at the same time instead of first closing the pullout and then the other window. ^_^
There was a minor change to prevent npcIDs carrying over to manually-named teams. I'll go back and see if that could've had any unintended side effects. Thanks for the details, especially the screenshot of the related settings.

A "Close everything with ESC" would be trivial. I can have that in an update which will likely be later this week.

Iibis

Post by Iibis » November 1st, 2014, 4:46 am

I'm super happy to see the notes feature - it was something I've always had in mind but just didn't remember when I was thinking of possibly missing features :)

One thing that keeps popping to my mind is the ability to save multiple teams per NPC. There are several options for celestial tournament teams, and especially with the notes feature it would be great to save them all to the NPC and then when Rematch would normally load the team with the NPC name, it would instead show the list of different teams saved for that NPC and ask which of them I'd like to use this time. Perhaps even with the ability to save a distinct name for that team instead of using the tamer name for the team (separate fields for tamer / team name). If people prefer the old functionality, they could still have their team names set up to reference the tamer and Rematch would load the team if there weren't any alternative teams available.

I've noticed an issue with the team not loading for Zao, Calfling of Niuzao (I think it suggested the team for Xu-Fu), but I don't know if that's still an issue.

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » November 1st, 2014, 12:49 pm

Gello wrote:A "Close everything with ESC" would be trivial. I can have that in an update which will likely be later this week.
Thanks for adding this, but is it intended or not that the Game Menu pops out after closing Rematch with this option enabled? I mean, normally the Game Menu appears only after pressing ESC when no panes etc. are visible.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 2nd, 2014, 8:11 am

Iibis wrote:I'm super happy to see the notes feature - it was something I've always had in mind but just didn't remember when I was thinking of possibly missing features :)

One thing that keeps popping to my mind is the ability to save multiple teams per NPC. There are several options for celestial tournament teams, and especially with the notes feature it would be great to save them all to the NPC and then when Rematch would normally load the team with the NPC name, it would instead show the list of different teams saved for that NPC and ask which of them I'd like to use this time. Perhaps even with the ability to save a distinct name for that team instead of using the tamer name for the team (separate fields for tamer / team name). If people prefer the old functionality, they could still have their team names set up to reference the tamer and Rematch would load the team if there weren't any alternative teams available.

I've noticed an issue with the team not loading for Zao, Calfling of Niuzao (I think it suggested the team for Xu-Fu), but I don't know if that's still an issue.
There's been some discussion about the alternate teams idea (a lot earlier in this thread too). Offering a list of potential teams is an interesting idea. It's still on the long-term list unfortunately.

Let me know if Zao team isn't loading. Do the pets remain greyed out? And the title of the team revert to "Current Battle Pets"? I need to do more testing but I suspect from other reports we may need to throttle back automated swaps a bit.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 2nd, 2014, 8:13 am

Ryazan wrote:
Gello wrote:A "Close everything with ESC" would be trivial. I can have that in an update which will likely be later this week.
Thanks for adding this, but is it intended or not that the Game Menu pops out after closing Rematch with this option enabled? I mean, normally the Game Menu appears only after pressing ESC when no panes etc. are visible.
Oops I thought I fixed that. It's not intended. :p Should be in next update.

And while I'm here, I may as well post what I've just posted on wowinterface and curse:
Just a note for any about to comment about auto load being annoying in the darkmoon faire this week, I hope to have an update to address it in the next couple days.

For those who have yet to experience it, the two NPCs (Jeremy Feasel and Christohph VonFeasel) are real close to each other, and when accepting the quest from Christoph the mouse will invariably be over Jeremy and cause you to autoload Jeremy's team when you're accepting the quest to fight Christoph's team.

The short term fix is to turn off auto load when you're at the darkmoon faire.

Iibis

Post by Iibis » November 2nd, 2014, 8:33 am

Gello wrote:Let me know if Zao team isn't loading. Do the pets remain greyed out? And the title of the team revert to "Current Battle Pets"? I need to do more testing but I suspect from other reports we may need to throttle back automated swaps a bit.
I did the tournament yesterday and it still didn't load. Nothing really happens, it just doesn't seem to recognize that there's a team attached to the NPC. My friend has the same issue, it's not loading the team for Zao, and the previous team remains active. I didn't pay enough attention this time, but previously I think it has asked if I want to load team for Xu-Fu, but not sure if that happened now. I've previously fought Xu-Fu before Zao, so I'm not sure if the Xu-Fu team was offered at Xu-Fu and because of auto-loading I just didn't notice it before Zao. Sorry for not being that helpful. :/

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 3rd, 2014, 12:11 pm

I ran into something like this. I don't recall who it was but I don't think it was Zao. I remember trying to save the team and it was trying to override the previous trainer so it seemed like it wasn't recognizing the NPC.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114

Post by Abashera » November 3rd, 2014, 12:43 pm

I was wondering if this add-on conflicts with PetBattleTeams?

In other words, can I use both add ons at the same time without technical issues.

The reason I ask is that I have teams set up for PVP as well, so I don't want to lose my saved PVP teams just so I can use this add-on. I find it's always best to switch to my pvp team whenever I'm not leveling pets, otherwise if a player challenges you to a battle, blizzard locks your team into whatever team you last used... which may contain one or two low level pets, and may even contain pets with reduced health.

My biggest problem with PetBattleTeams is that you can't make separate tabs for battle categories (i.e. a tab for pet-masters, a tab for pvp, separate tabs for each continent). If an add-on would be developed that could do this, finding teams would be far easier than scrolling through a single line of 50 teams. I've requested this function for PBT, but I never get a response from the developer.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 3rd, 2014, 1:56 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I ran into something like this. I don't recall who it was but I don't think it was Zao. I remember trying to save the team and it was trying to override the previous trainer so it seemed like it wasn't recognizing the NPC.
If either of you guys (or anyone) see this again, could you do me a favor and export the two teams involved and post them? It would look something like:
Zao, Calfling of Niuzao:72290:169:122:204:176:1180:921:919:364:1227:116:646:209:
That 72290 is the npcID of Zao. If that number is 0 then it will match any target named "Zao, Calfling of Niuzao". If it's not 0 then the npcID has to match that number in order for it to recognize the target. This is to prevent Blingtron 4000 teams from auto-loading when you interact with the engineering one as opposed to the celestial tournament one).

I'm curious if the npcID from a previous team is somehow being saved to the next team. It would explain the behavior you guys are seeing.

Gello

Post by Gello » November 3rd, 2014, 2:02 pm

Abashera wrote:I was wondering if this add-on conflicts with PetBattleTeams?

In other words, can I use both add ons at the same time without technical issues.

The reason I ask is that I have teams set up for PVP as well, so I don't want to lose my saved PVP teams just so I can use this add-on. I find it's always best to switch to my pvp team whenever I'm not leveling pets, otherwise if a player challenges you to a battle, blizzard locks your team into whatever team you last used... which may contain one or two low level pets, and may even contain pets with reduced health.

My biggest problem with PetBattleTeams is that you can't make separate tabs for battle categories (i.e. a tab for pet-masters, a tab for pvp, separate tabs for each continent). If an add-on would be developed that could do this, finding teams would be far easier than scrolling through a single line of 50 teams. I've requested this function for PBT, but I never get a response from the developer.
It should be fine co-existing. So far I've not heard of a conflict with Rematch and any other battle pet addon. I've not had time to test out the latest PBT, however.

That said, there's something with PBT and locking teams you want to be aware of. It's not an incompatable, it's just the way PBT works: if pets are unlocked then changing any pet will also save it to the currently-selected PBT team. When Rematch (or any addon) changes pets, PBT will dutifully save those changes to its currently-selected PBT team.

And it's totally not necessary, since you can load PBT teams from PBT itself, but if you want, while PBT is enabled there's an "Import Pet Battle Teams" button at the end of Rematch's options. If you create a new tab, call it "Pet Battle Teams" or "PVP" or anything, and then go into options and import, it should make a copy of all of your PBT teams into the new tab you created.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » November 3rd, 2014, 2:43 pm

Gello wrote:
Kpb321 wrote:I ran into something like this. I don't recall who it was but I don't think it was Zao. I remember trying to save the team and it was trying to override the previous trainer so it seemed like it wasn't recognizing the NPC.
If either of you guys (or anyone) see this again, could you do me a favor and export the two teams involved and post them? It would look something like:
Zao, Calfling of Niuzao:72290:169:122:204:176:1180:921:919:364:1227:116:646:209:
That 72290 is the npcID of Zao. If that number is 0 then it will match any target named "Zao, Calfling of Niuzao". If it's not 0 then the npcID has to match that number in order for it to recognize the target. This is to prevent Blingtron 4000 teams from auto-loading when you interact with the engineering one as opposed to the celestial tournament one).

I'm curious if the npcID from a previous team is somehow being saved to the next team. It would explain the behavior you guys are seeing.
I'll watch for it happening again and grab it but I will say that who ever it was it was teams that I have had for ages as it was either my regular tamer circuit or CT and I haven't changed those teams, or really any teams, in months.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » November 3rd, 2014, 2:58 pm

Gello wrote:If you create a new tab, call it "Pet Battle Teams" or "PVP" or anything, and then go into options and import, it should make a copy of all of your PBT teams into the new tab you created.
I don't think people understand what I mean by "tab."

There is only one tab in PBT. It's linear. ALL of my teams are in this ONE tab.

What I'm talking about is the ability to create additional tabs to the right of and parallel to the primary tab. Then below each tab you could create teams.

This way I could have a tab named "North Tamers." And below that I could have [all] my Northrend teams to beat all the Northrend tamers. A separate tab could have "Pandaria Tamers." And in that tab I could have teams for each Pandaria tamer. Another tab could be [all] my PVP teams. And yet another tab could be WoD teams.

If you're saying that PBT has the ability to do this, please let me know how.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » November 3rd, 2014, 7:03 pm

Gello is the author for Rematch and he's referring to the ability to create tabs in his addon and import your teams from PBT not the ability to create multiple tabs in PBT.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » November 3rd, 2014, 7:34 pm

Ok thanks. I misunderstood. :)