Glitch or exploit?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Glitch or exploit?

Post by Hootstwo » January 21st, 2014, 7:22 pm

So, I just played against a team of 2 valks and a singing sunflower. Basically, my P/P Emperor crab SHOULD have soloed the whole encounter BUTTTTT Whenever the sunflower was out, I sort "hung" and the sunflower got 3, 4, 5 turns in a row before I could go again? Now, I thought maybe I was having connection issues, but it happened 3 separate times during the battle - BUT ONLY when the sunflower was out, but no issues whatsoever when the Valks were out.

As it as, the battle ended close (my adder had his final valk dead on last turn, but because of the undead ability my opponent won.

Has anyone else experienced this, or did I just have some really bad connection luck?

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Glitch or exploit?

Post by Ligre » January 21st, 2014, 8:19 pm

I sort "hung"
Not exactly sure on what you mean by that...

But if you're saying what I think you're trying to say, then it sounds like a B.S. glitch. If it happens again against that person, and never against anyone else, then that may be grounds for a ticket (report cheating the system).

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 21st, 2014, 8:27 pm

It was weird. I was using surge on my crab, I'd select it and my crab would begin the animation (legs wiggling like crazy), but just sit there. I'd get a countdown timer and it would expire, then the sunflower would unload with solar beam, sunlight and photosynthesis in a row before I'd get a turn again.

What made me suspicious was that I could understand getting one, maybe two turns if I was horribly lagging (which I wasn't?), but my timer wouldn't have expired on my turns anywhere near that many times in the duration I was waiting.

Weird stuff.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » January 22nd, 2014, 6:59 am

Have seen this behaviour too. Any attack where the pet rushes towards the other pet, it just stands still but with their legs still moving.
I've seen it both on my end and on the enemy team, so I'm pretty sure it's a glitch.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » January 22nd, 2014, 11:01 am

Is this back again? I thought this was cleared up in 5.2 or so. booooo.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Thingllane
Pet Score:7816
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Thingllane » January 23rd, 2014, 4:58 pm

I encounter this problem pretty often -- mostly on surge, fly up high, or cocoon abilities. It took forever to troubleshoot -- I even did a clean install and it still happened.

Work-around: Alt-tab out of WoW and go right back in -- battling at full speed again.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 23rd, 2014, 5:50 pm

I've seen the animation get stuck occasionally when doing trainers but it usually clears fairly quickly. Never seen it in pvp but I don't do much pvp so that isn't surprising.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » January 24th, 2014, 5:35 am

Yea, I've seen that and I do think that its a glitch over an exploit. I say that coz I've seen it happen in my favour and I am not letting go of those wins xD

Superdmason
Pet Score:6726
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Superdmason » January 24th, 2014, 10:14 am

Yeah, Alt+Tab out of WoW and then go back in has always worked for me to fix it.
Pet Charge - PvE Pet Battles and more.
http://petcharge.wordpress.com/