Excuse me for the dumb question...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Excuse me for the dumb question...

Post by Abashera » January 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm

What exactly does "Undercard Strategy" mean?

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Re: Excuse me for the dumb question...

Post by Tuatha » January 9th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Abashera wrote:What exactly does "Undercard Strategy" mean?
In the Celestial Tournament there are three different sets of three tamer-like battles before you get to the celestials that rotate weekly. These three fights before getting to the celestials are the "undercard", and the strategy would be how to beat each of the three sets without using the same pet twice within the same undercard--and without using a pet you need for the celestials.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » January 9th, 2014, 11:25 pm

It comes from boxing. The schedule of fights in a single night is called the Card. The big draw fight is the Main Event (usually only one, but there can be multiple), and the fights before the Main Event you don't really care about are called the undercard.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 10th, 2014, 12:04 am

Ahhhhhh. For some reason I thought it meant: How to do the CT without using TCG and other hard to obtain pets, hence "card", lol. I thought it was an anti-"pay-to-win" thread.

That didn't make any sense though considering the undercard thread has Merkablo and Rocket Chicken in it, which I can't obtain without IRL cash and/or a time machine.

I would like to see someone do a thread though on how to beat the CT with more common pets; excluding the very hard to get, expensive, and impossible to get pets. If I got all the pets on that list that I don't already have, it would cost me 33,115 gold, and $236.00 real world cashola.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » January 10th, 2014, 1:09 am

look through the forums, there are several threads with strategies for the celestial tournaments, including one that is specifically using easily obtainable pets. Some of the store and event pets are just really powerfull in some of the fights, but that doesn't mean there are no alternatives more obtainable out there. What you can also keep in mind is that often the fights are 3x 1v1, with each pet you have being a direct counter for one of theirs, so you can mix and match 3 pets from different strategies relatively freely (theres a few exceptions, for example pandaren waterspirit+chrominus combo, but most of those are for the celestials not the undercard).