Strategy For Chi-Chi?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us
Strategy For Chi-Chi?

Post by Huntingforfun » December 13th, 2013, 4:15 am

Every guide uses Unborn Valkyrie as a pet against this whore and I still can't find one. It annoys me to no end was wondering if anyone else knows a good guide to killing it?

Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Strategy For Chi-Chi?

Post by Huntingforfun » December 13th, 2013, 4:48 am

How fast of a rabbit?

Malignus
Pet Score:2691
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Malignus » December 13th, 2013, 5:52 am

[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] + [pet]Chrominius[/pet] combo works like a charm. You can even use any other pet with [ability]Howl[/ability].

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Wixey » December 13th, 2013, 7:40 am

Malignus wrote:[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] + [pet]Chrominius[/pet] combo works like a charm. You can even use any other pet with [ability]Howl[/ability].
you can kill all 4 celestials with that combo ;)

If you have only 1 or 2, you can use yu'la to heal the 2 back up after a fight, since his first 2 rounds deal no damage.

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » December 13th, 2013, 8:13 am

Malignus wrote:[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] + [pet]Chrominius[/pet] combo works like a charm. You can even use any other pet with [ability]Howl[/ability].
Completely agree! Just cast Geyser, Whirlpool, swap out to Chrominius, and cast Howl and Surge of Power. That's all it takes! Good luck :).

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Wixey » December 13th, 2013, 8:58 am

Gracies wrote:
Completely agree! Just cast Geyser, Whirlpool, swap out to Chrominius, and cast Howl and Surge of Power. That's all it takes! Good luck :).
Note that on Niuzao you want to Bite before you do Surge of Power. But chi chi of course, just like you said :)

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 13th, 2013, 11:57 am

Easiest way to beat Chi-Chi is to just catch 3 snails. Rapana Whelk, Shimmershell Snail, any will do. Just keep Acidic Goo on her, dive on the turn she's going to cast Ethereal, and spam Ooze Touch. You'll generally be done by the 2nd snail, but you'll always win by the 3rd.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 13th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Huntingforfun wrote:Every guide uses Unborn Valkyrie as a pet against this and I still can't find one. It annoys me to no end was wondering if anyone else knows a good guide to killing it?
This worked great for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm1pwCwwjq4
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 13th, 2013, 3:59 pm

I do the Pandaren Water Spirit + Chrominius combo with a Ghostly Skull. No need to use a Val'kyr when the Skull does the same thing (Ascension).

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » December 13th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Huntingforfun wrote:Every guide uses Unborn Valkyrie as a pet
Not every guide...

I use Snail, snail, and to change things up in the third slot, a snail. Very solid, very boring, strategy. ;)

You can check my post (though you may have seen it already).

Selserene
Top Rater
Pet Score:7625
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Selserene » December 13th, 2013, 4:24 pm

I agree with the three snail strat! My favorite part is that I don't use those pets for any other tamer.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » December 13th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Dakaf wrote:
Huntingforfun wrote:Every guide uses Unborn Valkyrie as a pet against this and I still can't find one. It annoys me to no end was wondering if anyone else knows a good guide to killing it?
This worked great for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm1pwCwwjq4
I use this one as well, with one minor change to the fetish as my starter.. Once I used these guys, I have never lost to Chi Chi..

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » December 13th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Yes, three snails! Keep the Acidic Goo debuff up at all times, and as often as possible, try to dive the round it casts Ethereal. Works like a charm.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 13th, 2013, 5:33 pm

I go with the undead, ooze, misc pet (with a magic attack) strat. Sometimes I don't even need the third pet.

Any undead will work so long as it has the Wild Magic ability ([pet]Fetish Shaman[/pet], [pet]Sen'jin Fetish[/pet], [pet]Voodoo Figurine[/pet]). Attack Chi-Chi normal in any fashion, but on your undead pet's final turn (when it rises from the dead), use Wild Magic.

Once my undead pet is dead, swap in my ooze and although Chi-Chi will do his avoidance move right away, I just keep Corrosion and Acidic Goo up as much as possible. (Note: I use a P/P [pet]Jade Oozeling[/pet]; I'm not sure how any other ooze of any other breed will work.)

On good days when RNG is in my favor, I don't even need the third pet. On days where RNG is not so kind, I have a back up pet with a 100% hit magic ability waiting to finish off Chi-Chi.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Cec » December 14th, 2013, 10:43 am

I use 3 snails for Chi chi all with Ooze touch, acidic goo and dive. It usually never fails

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 14th, 2013, 11:14 am

The water spirit + chrominius strat seems to be the fasted and most reliable for me and both pets live, so they can be used again if desired. So far Chi-Chi has died on Round 5 each week.
Geyser
Whirlpool
Switch (this is always the Ethereal round)
Howl
Surge of Power.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 14th, 2013, 11:29 am

Jerebear wrote:The water spirit + chrominius strat seems to be the fasted and most reliable for me and both pets live, so they can be used again if desired. So far Chi-Chi has died on Round 5 each week.
Geyser
Whirlpool
Switch (this is always the Ethereal round)
Howl
Surge of Power.
The only time this hasn't worked for me was when Chi-Chi would hit with 5 of 6 possible feathers AND get multiple crits, killing Chrominius before he could Surge. Definitely not a common occurrence, though, and a darkmoon tonk to follow up with can do the trick.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 14th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Huntingforfun wrote:Every guide uses Unborn Valkyrie as a pet against this whore and I still can't find one. It annoys me to no end was wondering if anyone else knows a good guide to killing it?
Here's my set-up (works every time. I've never had this fail on me):

I use the [pet]Sen'jin Fetish[/pet], [pet]Disgusting Oozeling[/pet], and [pet]Enchanted Lantern[/pet].

I put WM on Chi to start with then flame breath until the fetish dies. When it comes back, I put WM back on. Then I put corrosion and acidic goo when Disgusting Oozeling comes to play. Usually by this point, Chi has died but if he survives for the lantern, I hit him with flash. (Chi almost always kills the Oozeling. The DoTs generally kill him before the lantern comes up.)

Please note: any oozeling or lantern works here (you could use another undead if they have those two attacks.) By the time the fetish dies the second time, Chi will generally have that shield up so I just hit him with whatever. Doesn't matter. Sometimes (if he's still alive by the time lantern comes in), he'll have that shield up as well so don't waste your flash on that.

Otherwise it's easy peasy. I always do Chi last because he's the easiest of the bunch.