My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4460
BattleTag®: Dakaf#1332
Realm: Dawnbringer-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Dakaf » December 12th, 2013, 9:43 pm

I dont't really know how either are in pet battles, but the dragon kite used to be the only pet that was flying and had a mechanical attack. Thus it was the only double counter to beasts. Now due to the new skywisp moth on the timeless isle, it isn't as special.

Sorry that isn't really what was asked, but hey, at least it is something, lol.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Kyozu
Top Rater
 
Posts: 79
Joined: April 25th, 2013
Pet Score: 4639
BattleTag®: Yozora#2217
Realm: Defias Brotherhood-EU

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Kyozu » December 13th, 2013, 3:57 am

I'd say dragon kite, skillset is unique and looks fun.
Never actually seen a Tuskarr kite in pvp, but looking at it's skillset, I wouldn't really even want to try using it either.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 4773
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Peanutty » December 13th, 2013, 3:58 pm

I tried using a Dragon Kite in PVP a few times, using Call Lightning and Volcano, with a Clockwork Gnome and Clockwork Rocket Bot . I'm not a very good PVPer so it didn't really do great for me but I'm sure a more skilled player could come up with a better set up.

Haven't seen any player using a Tuskarr in PVP, and don't think I've seen anyone else using a Dragon Kite.

User avatar
Denverrunner
MVP
 
Posts: 192
Joined: September 17th, 2012
Pet Score: 4448
BattleTag®: denverrunner#1152
Realm: Kel'Thuzad-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Denverrunner » December 13th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Peanutty wrote:I tried using a Dragon Kite in PVP a few times, using Call Lightning and Volcano, with a Clockwork Gnome and Clockwork Rocket Bot . I'm not a very good PVPer so it didn't really do great for me but I'm sure a more skilled player could come up with a better set up.

Haven't seen any player using a Tuskarr in PVP, and don't think I've seen anyone else using a Dragon Kite.


You may have been the player I saw using a Dragon Kite. I liked this pet combo and wrote it down for potential future use. I have yet to try it.

I do think the Dragon Kite would be a stronger pet for pvp.
Image

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 4773
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Peanutty » December 13th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Denverrunner wrote:
Peanutty wrote:I tried using a Dragon Kite in PVP a few times, using Call Lightning and Volcano, with a Clockwork Gnome and Clockwork Rocket Bot . I'm not a very good PVPer so it didn't really do great for me but I'm sure a more skilled player could come up with a better set up.

Haven't seen any player using a Tuskarr in PVP, and don't think I've seen anyone else using a Dragon Kite.


You may have been the player I saw using a Dragon Kite. I liked this pet combo and wrote it down for potential future use. I have yet to try it.


Maybe! If it was recent it wouldn't have been me (I stopped at 250 wins), but if it was pre 5.4 it could have been. :) Obviously the overall idea is pretty much the same as other Call Lightning strategies, but what I was trying to do with the kite was take advantage of its speed bonus to Volcano and Lightning out before swapping to the other pets.

User avatar
Papazol
 
Posts: 136
Joined: October 19th, 2012
Pet Score: 4397
Realm: Balnazzar-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Papazol » December 14th, 2013, 7:00 am

Dragon kite is better, cose it is usefull for some specific battles, like Celestials, and may be used in pvp.
Dakaf wrote:dragon kite used to be the only pet that was flying and had a mechanical attack.

You are wrong. Skywisp Moth also flying with mech atack and much stronger than dragon kite.

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4460
BattleTag®: Dakaf#1332
Realm: Dawnbringer-US

Re: Dragon Kite v/s Tuskarr Kite

Postby Dakaf » December 17th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Papazol wrote:You are wrong. Skywisp Moth also flying with mech atack and much stronger than dragon kite.


You missed the "used to be" part. :)
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests