Favorite Trading card pets for battles?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Whimsie
MVP
Pet Score:9521
Realm:Sargeras-us
Favorite Trading card pets for battles?

Post by Whimsie » December 12th, 2013, 3:19 pm

I am finally getting my collection big enough do start pvp battles and the celestial tournament. :D

The problem is even after reading around I still don't see a lot of info on the blizzard and trading card pets. I'd love to know which are the top dogs and should be leveled first. I would be a big help to me If someone who is confident at pvp and the celestial tournament could glance at my collection and offer any advice on the best trading card pets I should level and use? I am trying to level one pet per day, maybe more if I have spare time.

Thanks so much!

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Re: Favorite Trading card pets for battles?

Post by Iamwhatis » December 16th, 2013, 8:24 pm

I don't really think any of the Trading Card Pets are that good. They certainly aren't must haves. Murkalot is still (post nerf) ok. Landro's Lil XT with heartbroken can be interesting. But neither of those is used in any strat I'm familiar with in the Celestial Tournament. Of the store pets Lil' Ragnaros is a 5 star standout for PVP. Cinder Kitten is used in at least one Celestial Tournament Strat and the Pandaren Monk gets some ok PVP play.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=8050

Contains a list of pets for the Celestial Tournament. And Elfuego strats a pretty good.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 17th, 2013, 3:53 am

Pandaren Monk almost one-shots Chi-chi and I use the Cinder Kitty for a lot of trainers too. I have also seen a lot of Lil Rag in pet PVP and it does a lot of work on any trainer mechs.

Whimsie
MVP
Pet Score:9521

Post by Whimsie » December 18th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Thank you so much for the help. I leveled Rag and the Monk. Both seem good. I will level Cinder next. I'm off to read that link.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » December 23rd, 2013, 8:41 am

The only trading card pet I really relied on for the Celestial Tournament was my Gregarious Grell. He can solo Yu'la (the Dragon). There are alternative humanoid pets that can do the same (Bonkers, for example) but the Grell just made the whole encounter trivial.

Several of the other trading card pets are useful, but so far none have abilities that can't be found elsewhere. They're certainly fun from a collecting standpoint, though!

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876

Post by Ligre » December 24th, 2013, 12:28 am

Purple Puffer is surprisingly good, especially against Val'kyr-centric teams, as well as DoT-heavy comps.

I've also used it to solo Farmer Nishi.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 24th, 2013, 1:13 am

As mentioned, only the gregarious grell really stands out of the trading card pets. And for the blizzard store pets, its Lil Ragnaros for sure. Pandaren Monk is ok.