My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Apocalypse and Pierre

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Saasan
Top Rater
 
Posts: 152
Joined: March 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 3563

Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Saasan » December 2nd, 2013, 1:54 pm

I was leveling Pierre, minding my own business, when something strange happened. Having just killed a spider and now against a beetle, I had him use his high fiber move to clear him of poisons. BOOM! Apocalypse now! Turns out the Apocalypse timer is considered a debuff, and removing it is considered countdown to zero. Luckily, Pierre is a mecha and revived himself, so all was well. The countdown continued as normal on the beetle's Apocalypse and we resumed battle as normal. I just thought the "Apocalypse debuff" was worth sharing. I assume it would be removed by all debuffing moves, but I haven't tried it out. Might just be high fiber that removes it.

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3348

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Luciandk » December 2nd, 2013, 3:02 pm

Hrm, I thought apocalpyse would only hit if the caster was present? Unless it was an enemy pet that casted it.

User avatar
Tuatha
Top Rater
 
Posts: 65
Joined: April 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 3297

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Tuatha » December 2nd, 2013, 9:54 pm

Luciandk wrote:Hrm, I thought apocalpyse would only hit if the caster was present? Unless it was an enemy pet that casted it.

The caster can be in the back ranks, he just can't be dead. I've let it go off on an undead res round to avoid my roach from taking any attack damage. But I'm guessing it was the enemy beetle that was up who cast it anyway.

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3348

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Luciandk » December 3rd, 2013, 5:13 am

Tuatha1 wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Hrm, I thought apocalpyse would only hit if the caster was present? Unless it was an enemy pet that casted it.

The caster can be in the back ranks, he just can't be dead. I've let it go off on an undead res round to avoid my roach from taking any attack damage. But I'm guessing it was the enemy beetle that was up who cast it anyway.


Huh, interesting. Couldnt this be used to 2 punch all the beasts of fable? I figure the celestials are imune, due to their extra magic racial.

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3348

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Luciandk » December 3rd, 2013, 6:14 am

Hrm, tested it. Casting Apocalypse, followed by High Fiber will only remove YOUR Apocalypse debuff and triggering the meteor to destroy Pierre. The enemy pet's debuff is untouched and continues ticking down. So its a suicide ability.

User avatar
Saasan
Top Rater
 
Posts: 152
Joined: March 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 3563

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Saasan » December 4th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Luciandk wrote:The enemy pet's debuff is untouched and continues ticking down. So its a suicide ability.


Yes, sorry, I should have been more clear in my original post. I can't think of how this would be useful, other than perhaps saving a different pet from Apocalyspe as the mecha revival will save Pierre. I meant this post more as a warning to others.

Mawder
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 1st, 2012
Pet Score: 2555

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Mawder » December 10th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Sadly, the new Treasure Goblin had an ability: [15] Disruption - Removes all buffs and debuffs from the users team - 4 round cooldown. It is now the normal Sear Magic :( :(

You would have been able to do Apocalypse then Disruption to insta-kill your opponent :D

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3348

Re: Apocalypse and Pierre

Postby Luciandk » December 11th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Mawder wrote:Sadly, the new Treasure Goblin had an ability: [15] Disruption - Removes all buffs and debuffs from the users team - 4 round cooldown. It is now the normal Sear Magic :( :(

You would have been able to do Apocalypse then Disruption to insta-kill your opponent :D



Read it again - The USER'S team. As already stated, purging your own apocalpyse, instakills you, but doing nothing for your opponent.


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daduu, Winstonwaterston and 5 guests